05/29/20 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

On 3/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, BrayWyatt said:

This show is never taking place, i am led to believe this "lockdown" is lasting 12 weeks.

Minimum I reckon, looking at other places. Even when they lift the lockdown I doubt they'll allow major concerts for fear of a 'second wave' of infections. 

1 hour ago, WildStar said:

Here's the Ticketmaster info on rescheduling and refunds. I'm sure I read somewhere else that you get a full refund with fee's. 

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006686818-COVID-19-Coronavirus-

Had an STP show get refunded and it was absolutely seamless. TM for all it's bullshit is pretty simple and fair. It’s my DC to London flight I’m more concerned about. Feel like they may try and force credit on me or delay the refund.

6 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Had an STP show get refunded and it was absolutely seamless. TM for all it's bullshit is pretty simple and fair. It’s my DC to London flight I’m more concerned about. Feel like they may try and force credit on me or delay the refund.

Yeah, that's a problem. As it stands at the moment airlines here seem to be offering refunds or rescheduling for a flight within 90 days. I can't see them keeping that up though for much longer. 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I'll keep a hold of my tickets if they reschedule. At this stage though, I do hope the tour is postponed.

Yeah I would possibly hold on to my ticket if they reschedule but you're talking about over a year away. Hopefully we'll have more news in April 

10 minutes ago, Stryker said:

That's good to hear about the refund. 

Flight might be a problem. It depends on the Government recommendations on travelling. Seeing a GNR show would have been 'essential travel'. If there's no shows it's not

Just so you know, Ticketmaster UK appear to have reneged on their own terms and stopped refunding rescheduled events

So if you end up with a new date in 2021, don't be surprised if they tell you that you can re-sell the tickets on their ticket exchange but can't have a refund.

You also can't sell tickets on their exchange if you live outside the UK

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, northernsoul said:

Just so you know, Ticketmaster UK appear to have reneged on their own terms and stopped refunding rescheduled events

So if you end up with a new date in 2021, don't be surprised if they tell you that you can re-sell the tickets on their ticket exchange but can't have a refund.

I appreciate the heads up. I’m outside the US and that’s bullshit. We'll see what happens but I have no problem disputing that charge if they won’t refund.

1 minute ago, Stryker said:

I appreciate the heads up. I’m outside the US and that’s bullshit. We'll see what happens but I have no problem disputing that charge if they won’t refund.

I actually think they'll find it very hard to re-schedule the UK dates at Spurs.  Nobody knows what will happen with the football season or when the next one will start and end.  If they move the venue, for sure they can't get out of that.

TM are far from the only ones doing this.  Stubhub won't even give you a refund if an event is cancelled now.  Voucher only.  They are on the ropes it appears as they won't pay sellers for events that actually happened either.

And Airlines are also doing what they can not to pay out and forcing vouchers onto people.  I guess the authorities aren't really looking right now and there will be some leniency even if they ever do.  Covid 19 innit, fuck em all! 

4 minutes ago, Stryker said:

It's point 11.3 on ticketmaster UK purchase policy.  Screen grab it before it's changed.  You will win your charge back then for sure

• Like 1

To be honest, you can't blame event organizers for not refunding. This isn't just canceling of a random tour or event. This is a crisis like there hasn't been any before. If all organizers in the entertainment sector have to pay back everything, they will go bankrupt. Simple as that. Same goes for airlines and basically everything in the tourist sector.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, northernsoul said:

I actually think they'll find it very hard to re-schedule the UK dates at Spurs.  Nobody knows what will happen with the football season or when the next one will start and end.  If they move the venue, for sure they can't get out of that.

TM are far from the only ones doing this.  Stubhub won't even give you a refund if an event is cancelled now.  Voucher only.  They are on the ropes it appears as they won't pay sellers for events that actually happened either.

And Airlines are also doing what they can not to pay out and forcing vouchers onto people.  I guess the authorities aren't really looking right now and there will be some leniency even if they ever do.  Covid 19 innit, fuck em all! 

It's point 11.3 on ticketmaster UK purchase policy.  Screen grab it before it's changed.  You will win your charge back then for sure

Yeah it'll be hard to reschedule UK Summer Stadium gigs especially when all summer could be a write off. 

No GNR gigs till 2021 I reckon 

6 hours ago, Lio said:

To be honest, you can't blame event organizers for not refunding. This isn't just canceling of a random tour or event. This is a crisis like there hasn't been any before. If all organizers in the entertainment sector have to pay back everything, they will go bankrupt. Simple as that. Same goes for airlines and basically everything in the tourist sector.

I don’t necessarily expect them to act normally, because it absolutely isn’t a normal situation. But if individuals are expected to have a savings and emergency funds, so should these companies. I’m fine with them “rescheduling” or offering credit to mitigate refunds, that’s to be expected.

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

Yeah it'll be hard to reschedule UK Summer Stadium gigs especially when all summer could be a write off. 

No GNR gigs till 2021 I reckon 

I hope this will be a lesson for live nation and other promoters for the future. I hope they'll stop announcing shows 12/18 months in advance. let's live day by day..

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I hope this will be a lesson for live nation and other promoters for the future. I hope they'll stop announcing shows 12/18 months in advance. let's live day by day..

I have to agree having a concert on sale anything more than 6-8 months in advance is crazy. 

When I bought the most recent ozzy dates, they were about a year off, then they postponed it twice, kicking the ball up a further year? I can't even say for how long actually😅 tbf he was in no shape for gigging, but posting gigs up in the 'hope' that he would able to do it, is not good business. At least with guns, they had been touring solid for the last couple of years and are now dependable... bizzaro world!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stryker said:

I don’t necessarily expect them to act normally, because it absolutely isn’t a normal situation. But if individuals are expected to have a savings and emergency funds, so should these companies. I’m fine with them “rescheduling” or offering credit to mitigate refunds, that’s to be expected.

Absolutely. Rescheduling, ok, fine. But not offering refunds if you can't make a rescheduled date over a year away......a new low for Ticketmaster. 

I'd be surprised if there aren't legal challenges if that becomes their policy.....especially as I doubt it was their policy at the time of booking? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely. Rescheduling, ok, fine. But not offering refunds if you can't make a rescheduled date over a year away......a new low for Ticketmaster. 

I'd be surprised if there aren't legal challenges if that becomes their policy.....especially as I doubt it was their policy at the time of booking? 

Pretty sure it would be force majeure with corona.

I got an e-mail from Live Nation today with new dates of some concerts for April and May and saying they're all busy working with other acts to find new dates. All of them were postponed to 2021.

I'm assuming that's how it will go with GNR too, because same happened to their SA dates. They will only say they're postponed when they have new dates. It seems to make the most sense.

Just now, Lio said:

Pretty sure it would be force majeure with corona.

I got an e-mail from Live Nation today with new dates of some concerts for April and May and saying they're all busy working with other acts to find new dates. All of them were postponed to 2021.

I'm assuming that's how it will go with GNR too, because same happened to their SA dates. They will only say they're postponed when they have new dates. It seems to make the most sense.

Seems a shitty thing to do though, given the current climate. I view it as Ticketmaster exploiting the crisis as a sneaky way to introduce something they undoubtedly won't change back when this is over. Their finances would absolutely stretch to offering the select few people who can't make rescheduled dates a refund. 

If you buy a ticket for something for a set date it seems outrageous that that date can then be different....and it be your problem if you can't make that date. It'll certainly put me off buying tickets for events if I think there's a risk an expensive concert might be rescheduled for a time when, say, I'm on holiday and can't make it and would risk losing the money. 

But then I can't say I'm too surprised - Ticketmaster have always been utter cunts, and are doubtless looking at this pandemic as a way to introduce long-term ways to screw over the music fan a little more. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Seems a shitty thing to do though, given the current climate. I view it as Ticketmaster exploiting the crisis as a sneaky way to introduce something they undoubtedly won't change back when this is over. Their finances would absolutely stretch to offering the select few people who can't make rescheduled dates a refund. 

If you buy a ticket for something for a set date it seems outrageous that that date can then be different....and it be your problem if you can't make that date. It'll certainly put me off buying tickets for events if I think there's a risk an expensive concert might be rescheduled for a time when, say, I'm on holiday and can't make it and would risk losing the money. 

But then I can't say I'm too surprised - Ticketmaster have always been utter cunts, and are doubtless looking at this pandemic as a way to introduce long-term ways to screw over the music fan a little more. 

I've had tickets where shows were postponed or moved to another date before, and I've never asked for a refund. I didn't even think of that it would be possible :lol: If I couldn't go, I suppose I'd sell it on myself or give it to a friend. I had a Nirvana show postponed once, but eventually I got a refund after Kurt Cobain had shot himself :mellow:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lio said:

I've had tickets where shows were postponed or moved to another date before, and I've never asked for a refund. I didn't even think of that it would be possible :lol: If I couldn't go, I suppose I'd sell it on myself or give it to a friend. I had a Nirvana show postponed once, but eventually I got a refund after Kurt Cobain had shot himself :mellow:

Yeah same. I've also had one or two where it was cancelled and I couldn't make the rescheduled date.....which was really annoying, but I always got a refund. 

I actually still have a ticket for that cancelled Nirvana tour! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Where is this information coming from?