05/30/20 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Just now, Harvey Purewall said:

Anybody know of the best area to stay in London? Wold be staying a few night and would also like to hit a few of the bars!! Any help would be really appreciated!!

I just moved from London a half year ago. There's loads of enjoyable pubs. My favourite is "the good mixer" in Camden. Lots of fun (and weird, but in a friendly and funny way) people there usually; all in all, a great "dive". A bonus is that the bar is also historical ground, Blur and Oasis (among others) used to party there in their heydays. "Karaoke hole" in dalston is also a fun place, if you like karaoke and drag queens in a packed, small place. 

Edited by Homefuck

2 minutes ago, Harvey Purewall said:

Cheers! I was actually thinking of staying in either Camden or Shoreditch, you will probably know which is better? 

No problem! 

I used to live in hoxton, close to shoreditch. Great area, but Camden is also a lot of fun. I'd call it a draw. 

Also a recommendation; if you like weird shit, there's a museum/absinthe bar in Hackney called "viktor wynd museum of curiosities". Among the curiosities: poo from Kylie Minogue in a jar and a gold enhanched hippopotamus skull that once belonged to pablo escobar. Great fun, especially if you're fucked on absinthe in the meantime. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Harvey Purewall said:

Cheers! I was actually thinking of staying in either Camden or Shoreditch, you will probably know which is better? 

Camden is very busy with tourists but has great character and a few “rocky” pubs left!

Shoreditch is great but a bit more of a “hipster” scene.

20 hours ago, Homefuck said:

No problem! 

I used to live in hoxton, close to shoreditch. Great area, but Camden is also a lot of fun. I'd call it a draw. 

Also a recommendation; if you like weird shit, there's a museum/absinthe bar in Hackney called "viktor wynd museum of curiosities". Among the curiosities: poo from Kylie Minogue in a jar and a gold enhanched hippopotamus skull that once belonged to pablo escobar. Great fun, especially if you're fucked on absinthe in the meantime. 

Wow what a combo - Kylie's shite and A Pablo Hippo skull. I have to see this

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck Tottenham.

How the heck do Londoners choose their club with about five top-flight teams in one sodden city? Chelsea is for the poshers in the west end? West Ham is rather the reverse, for the east end cockneys? But Spurs and Arsenal are plonked in the middle, islingtony way, and I don't know how Fullham fits into proceedings?

- QPR and Charlton also. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How the heck do Londoners choose their club with about five top-flight teams in one sodden city? Chelsea is for the poshers in the west end? West Ham is rather the reverse, for the east end cockneys? But Spurs and Arsenal are plonked in the middle, islingtony way, and I don't know how Fullham fits into proceedings?

- QPR and Charlton also. 

Its either what manor you're born in or what your folks support, same as anywhere in the country.  You'll perhaps be surprised to know there are a great many Arsenal fans South London way due to our Woolwich roots and like...they're still supporters cuz their folks back in the 20s or 30s were supporters.  Fulham is like...Tooting and that, think there's a lot of Fulham supporters round that way.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck Tottenham.

My mate is planning on sporting his Arsenal top, unsure if I'd attend a concert at a rival club's stadium though. If I did I would certainly make a point of wearing colors. Has that put you off going?

13 minutes ago, Dean said:

My mate is planning on sporting his Arsenal top, unsure if I'd attend a concert at a rival club's stadium though. If I did I would certainly make a point of wearing colors. Has that put you off going?

Reason I'm going to Dublin instead. Fuck attending Spurs new stadium

21 minutes ago, Dean said:

Nah, I’m not really arsed about GnR, its just when the scum are mentioned I rarely pass up any oppertunity to stick the boot in :lol: 

15 minutes ago, JD89 said:

Reason I'm going to Dublin instead. Fuck attending Spurs new stadium

You've made a better choice I think. Marley Park looks amazing. 

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah, I’m not really arsed about GnR, its just when the scum are mentioned I rarely pass up any oppertunity to stick the boot in :lol: 

If it was a band you got enjoyment from, I dunno who you like, but say even someone that has past on now that you look up to and you had the chance to see them in their pomp- one date and it's Spurs' ground, do you go or decline?

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

You've made a better choice I think. Marley Park looks amazing. 

If it was a band you got enjoyment from, I dunno who you like, but say even someone that has past on now that you look up to and you had the chance to see them in their pomp- one date and it's Spurs' ground, do you go or decline?

Nah, fuck em.  I don't rate stadium gigs that much anyway, only been to one and it was a band I loved (Stone Roses) but...what, Tottenham?  Nah, I just can't be having it. 

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah, fuck em.  I don't rate stadium gigs that much anyway, only been to one and it was a band I loved (Stone Roses) but...what, Tottenham?  Nah, I just can't be having it. 

Fair fucks to you. Hopefully not something I'll ever have to consider. 

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Capital's Summertime Ball at Tottenham Hotspur stadium has been cancelled. It was on 6 June. The week after GNR so we can assume tour is off

You’d think so.....but it is GNR! 😂

But yeah, I have tickets for Glasgow....not expecting to see them in the summer now.

22 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Whole thing will probably get pushed to the following summer, including US dates. Tour to start up with SA again in November?

I'd say that's the most likely thing to happen yeah. There's no way this Euro tour is happening. I wish they'd just say so though, rather than keep people hanging. 

• Like 3