Old School Tix

37 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

233471DF-5496-4FB9-ADF2-787480DCAFC1.jpeg.8b06282afc894e93a397df1327371956.jpegSo my beautiful wife @Whiskey Rose and I were digging thru some old photos and stuff today, and we found these old GnR ticket stubs. Hers is on the left from Toronto, mine on the right from Saratoga Springs NY, 3 days apart. It would be 26 years until we knew each other, yet we both held onto these stubs. We are gonna make a cool photo/ framed thing with these, because for us, it all started because of GnR...

Anybody else have old school ticket stubs to post? Or GnR love stories? 😆 There’s gotta be something...

Damn, that's awesome that you guys got together.  I see that her ticket was quite a bit more expensive, was it because of it being in Canada?  It makes me want to scrounge around for my old tickets but I think they're long gone.

50 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Damn, that's awesome that you guys got together.  I see that her ticket was quite a bit more expensive, was it because of it being in Canada?  It makes me want to scrounge around for my old tickets but I think they're long gone.

Yep that was the exchange rate. It continues to bust our balls to this day... If you find your tickets, we’d like to see them...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I recall seeing Original GNR tickets in Captain Marvel and it made me jealous of anybody who saw them in the 80’s. Like how many people actually saw GNR in the 80’s and appreciated it.

Fucking almost anyone who saw GNR live in the 80s and 90s appreciated it!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Those ticket prices...just show how way overpriced it is today even without inflation.

WSJ had a great article over the holidays on why ticket prices are so high. It’s not just GNR. Good read 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-concert-tickets-are-so-expensive-11577371024?emailToken=68907e641c2d921dc88172885a25de3aEOce5bAcRpUZHmD9A0QNxokGCq++iJxKFLN2Dw9LxAWHgYwqhr/LecZIqe9gI9y+MNebVEmbbLX7LrHYCA9+kB+I9EZi7s5KfWM2q2ciAHw%3D&reflink=article_copyURL_share

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chandler72 said:

I no longer have the stub, but it 1992 I saw GNR, Metallica and FNM for $35.00!! Good seats too. I miss those days.

I really envy you.. My dad and my uncle always tell me how they got to see Queen, Zeppelin, Floyd or the Stones in the 70s for like 15-20€. They would ask their friends who didn't even listen to those bands but they would still come and join them.. If I asked my friends if they want to see GNR for +150€, they'd call me mad

9 hours ago, janrichmond said:

i bought one of those plastic poncho things that they were selling. Not a good look though :lol:

I bought 2!!  It was boiling all afternoon - then the rain came down.  I was on the side of the bowl and it looked like fog for a while :lol:

• Like 2