Fortus interview in Forbes

Not sure I’ve seen this posted here.  “there have been a bunch of songs we've rehearsed that we haven't done live. One I wish that we would, I really love the song, is "Perfect Crime."   -  https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebaltin/2020/01/12/qa-guns-n-roses-richard-fortus-on-his-new-signature-guitar-playing-with-slash-and-more/#13d5c7253a53

32 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

We just need to make a “Fortus Vaguely Talks About New Music” thread that we just update every year at this point

At this point, it can just be a "[Insert GNR Member Here] Vaguely Talks About New Music" thread, since they all same the same thing. 

13 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Perfect crime has been on the NITLsetlist and was never played. So he has missed that opportunity to pester axl to play it.

Perfect Crime has been an alternate on setlist going back to 2006 (i think) if not, at least 09. So it's long overdue for them to bust it out. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

At this point, it can just be a "[Insert GNR Member Here] Vaguely Talks About New Music" thread, since they all same the same thing. 

Perfect Crime has been an alternate on setlist going back to 2006 (i think) if not, at least 09. So it's long overdue for them to bust it out. 

It was on the 2006 Alt setlist, yeah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'll be meeting him on Thursday at NAMM. I won't be asking him about new music though.

Ask him if he would step aside so Izzy can come back LoL

Best advice would be to just talk to him like you would anyone. Don't smash the gnr questions on him or try and fanboy him.

Hope you have fun.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, vloors said:

Ask him if he would step aside so Izzy can come back LoL

Best advice would be to just talk to him like you would anyone. Don't smash the gnr questions on him or try and fanboy him.

Hope you have fun.

Yeah I know. Probably not going to say anything about GnR, he'll already be able to tell from my shirt. I'm also going to be meeting Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz again this weekend, and seeing Gilby's performance.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Actually, I've always been under the impression that Perfect Crime was on the alt. list as early as in 2002. And the reason I remember it was that I thought how weird it would have sounded with 2002 Axl. Is that possible or am I mistaken and the first year of this really was 2006? 

50 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I feel like Axl would have a stroke playing Perfect Crime. I don't say that in a mean way. I just don't believe his current voice is equipped for such a taxing song. 

Well it would be interesting. Theres no way he could do PC and coma in the same show.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Actually, I've always been under the impression that Perfect Crime was on the alt. list as early as in 2002. And the reason I remember it was that I thought how weird it would have sounded with 2002 Axl. Is that possible or am I mistaken and the first year of this really was 2006? 

I always thought it was starting from 2006, or at least I have yet to see any '02 era setlist with it on there. 

In retrospect, Perfect Crime with Axl's 2006 voice would have been fucking killer, shame that never happened

• Like 3

Fortus is bored with NITL too

Fortus: We just did ACL and Billie Eilish and Tame Impala were on that bill and those were two people I was excited to see. Yeah unfortunately Tame Impala was on the same time as us. I was actually watching them during our set (laughs). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I feel like Axl would have a stroke playing Perfect Crime. I don't say that in a mean way. I just don't believe his current voice is equipped for such a taxing song. 

I reckon it would be simular to him doing shadow now.

He could pull it off imo.

• Like 1