Fortus interview in Forbes

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses paper setlist leaks are prime examples of band trolling. 

it's far more likely the band rehearsed those tunes so they'll be ready to bust it out should Axl feel adventurous. He did not. He did deliver with Slither though which was a pretty big surprise imo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

The subject was Perfect Crime. ;)

Haha got the post mixed up on another thread.

I reckon though he could still do it early on in the set before his too worn out.

Maybe good after brownstone 

Edited by vloors

It’s not just the voice, you need a serious amount of aggression that Axl understandably doesn’t have onstage any more to pull off Perfect Crime. If they did it now, it would need to be an acoustic interpretation like You’re Crazy.

I only know it from that batshit crazy performance from the UYI tour and that’s how I like to remember it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:41 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Id love to ask him why the setlist order and songs hardly changes.........

I asked him after Vegas when I ran into him. He don't really know the setlist until before its just about go time. Basis what they may play off of rehearsals and what not.  Setlist is decided by Axl Slash and Duff from my understanding. More so Axl and Duff, Slash is cool with whatever is thrown his way.  They all have songs they like to play and songs they don't like to play every night . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlconcerts said:

I asked him after Vegas when I ran into him. He don't really know the setlist until before its just about go time. Basis what they may play off of rehearsals and what not.  Setlist is decided by Axl Slash and Duff from my understanding. More so Axl and Duff, Slash is cool with whatever is thrown his way.  They all have songs they like to play and songs they don't like to play every night . 

Interesting. I thought fortus would be apart of the decision making and part of the " inner circle" with the main 3. Obviously not.......

On 1/13/2020 at 9:15 PM, MaskingApathy said:

I'll be meeting him on Thursday at NAMM. I won't be asking him about new music though.

I’ve met Fortus a couple of times . One of the most decent dudes to talk to . I didn’t bother as well to ask him about new music . One time at the hard rock in Vegas , he was walking outside with a hot chick, and I bumped into him and began talking to him. The girl wandered off. After a couple of mins of taking he gave me some guitar pics . 

On 1/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, RussTCB said:

Huh? The setlist is nearly identical every single night. If Fortus needs to know the setlist well before "go time", he can give me a call any time after 6am  EST every day and I can give him the 411.

It was the rotating songs + encore this last leg that he mainly made reference to in our brief conversation. Dead Horse and Locomotive in particular. He thought they would play one the first night of Vegas and the other on night 2 but when he saw the setlist it was Dead Horse both nights. If it's on the Alt. List it's been rehearsed basically. Also AXL loves Witchita Lineman and really enjoys playing it so I wouldnt look for that to go anywhere anytime soon. 

9 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

So I met Fortus yesterday, super nice guy. Honestly I don't think he knows about new music and tours any more than we do, because I asked him if there's going to be a US run this year and he said he didn't know but would like to do it. Then he gave some bs reason for the increasing ticket prices.

I met Matt Sorum today, also really nice guy. Talks a lot but he seemed genuinely interested in hearing about my band and stuff. And I hung out with Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz a little too.

That is kickass! Was that at NAMM or something?  Glad you had good experiences with both Matt and Fortus (as well as Todd and Brent)

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

So I met Fortus yesterday, super nice guy. Honestly I don't think he knows about new music and tours any more than we do, because I asked him if there's going to be a US run this year and he said he didn't know but would like to do it. Then he gave some bs reason for the increasing ticket prices.

I met Matt Sorum today, also really nice guy. Talks a lot but he seemed genuinely interested in hearing about my band and stuff. And I hung out with Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz a little too.

Well done. I hate to say but would like SMKC to start IF we dont have anything new gnr this year.

50 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes at NAMM. Seeing Gilby perform tomorrow.

Gilby is one mofo who just ages so well. Its a shame hes part of this lineup like sorum.

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Well done. I hate to say but would like SMKC to start IF we dont have anything new gnr this year.

Gilby is one mofo who just ages so well. Its a shame hes part of this lineup like sorum.

Todd told me there might be SMKC in 2021, depending on GnR and Myles. I certainly hope so.

Matt has aged really well also. He's in his mid 60s but looks like he's 20 years younger.

• Like 2

On 18. 01. 2020. at 5:08 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Todd told me there might be SMKC in 2021, depending on GnR and Myles. I certainly hope so.

Matt has aged really well also. He's in his mid 60s but looks like he's 20 years younger.

Matt is Nov 1960 what I recall, so still 59 ;)

Edited by shotsfired cro

2 hours ago, Padme said:

I wouldn't bother to talk to him either :lol:

He was with people and I didn't feel like interrupting them. If he was by himself then maybe I might've approached him. My brother didn't believe me at first when I told him that it was him, so he looked at a pic on his phone then looked at him, then was like "oh that is him."

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I saw DJ Ashba at a party on Saturday but I didn't go talk to him :lol:

Did he have the cringy elf ears on?.

Always thought how far down axl could have dragged the GNR name if slash never returned axls VM or had no interest in going back.

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Did he have the cringy elf ears on?.

Always thought how far down axl could have dragged the GNR name if slash never returned axls VM or had no interest in going back.

I don't think so, he had his mohawk thing going on though. At least he had left the heavy eye makeup at home that night.