04/11/20 - Punta Cana, DO

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps this is a high-priced marketing scheme to attract American visitors back to the Dominican Republic.  There is no way they can sell enough tickets at that resort to cover the cost of hiring GNR to play a gig.  I think there is a good possibility that it has been subsidized by the ministry of tourism and the resort itself to help bring back international tourism, which declined by nearly 300,000 visitors in 2019.  

4 hours ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Was looking at the seat arrangements, notice the GA is in the back? Anyone been to a concert there? https://eventos.tuboleta.com.do/ordertickets.asp?p=1134

Just looked myself. GA price reasonable but yeah, you know who the gig is for when GA is at the back!

Never been here but kind of interested in going on hol for it...

4 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Just looked myself. GA price reasonable but yeah, you know who the gig is for when GA is at the back!

Never been here but kind of interested in going on hol for it...

Yup, that's the wife and I favourite place to vacation. She wanted to go in April, and so I'm booking it for that week. They are doing it at the Hard Rock golf course, and if the seating chart is accurate it's about 8000-10,000 capacity. Just don't want to be at the back behind a cage lol

2 hours ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Yup, that's the wife and I favourite place to vacation. She wanted to go in April, and so I'm booking it for that week. They are doing it at the Hard Rock golf course, and if the seating chart is accurate it's about 8000-10,000 capacity. Just don't want to be at the back behind a cage lol

Do you know of any places to stay that are reasonably priced? at least in comparison to the hard rock hotel...

• 1 month later...