Music to be Murdered By - Eminem

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I hear some delicate wallflowers are wetting their knickers over some lyric referring to the Manchester bombing and Ariana Grande  :lol:

It was little more than a lyrical metaphor, hip hop is rife with them, rappers have compared themselves, in verse, with everyone from Hitler to Peewee Herman.  

Pretty good album tbh... there's a few tracks on there I don't like but there's some real good ones too. Premonition, Little Engine, Lock It Up and I Will were the highlights for me after one listen. I even liked that song with Ed Sheeran, it was better than I expected it to be (way better than the other 2 songs they've done together).

The album also benefits from having a bunch of short songs, it doesn't drag at all. And the features are actually decent.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I still need to listen past the first track. I'm in the middle of my weekly music night with friends though, so I'm sure it'll happen tonight

The 2nd half of the album is really good (except 'Stepdad'). The first half has some flaws and the mixing/production is fucked on a couple songs like You Gon' Learn and Yah Yah.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Classic shit honestly:

@Len Cnut what's your favourite track?

I can't fuckin' get round to listening to it proper man.  Was busy all last day, stuck it on while I was in the shower this morning, got up to Godzilla I think, its alright so far, what little I actually properly heard, Darkness is a lot better than my skim listen gave it credit for and I love the Hitchcock samples, gonna give it a proper listen today. 

I must admit its quite odd hearing the man who did the following song do an anti-gun track:

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I can't fuckin' get round to listening to it proper man.  Was busy all last day, stuck it on while I was in the shower this morning, got up to Godzilla I think, its alright so far, what little I actually properly heard, Darkness is a lot better than my skim listen gave it credit for and I love the Hitchcock samples, gonna give it a proper listen today. 

I must admit its quite odd hearing the man who did the following song do an anti-gun track:

At first listen I thought Darkness was a good song but kinda slowed the album down too much. But I listened to it another couple times and it's fuckin brilliant. Yea it's quite a contrast to what he was doing 20 years ago but that's not a bad thing at all, and the anti-gun message doesn't come off as corny or a 'typical liberal celebrity' kinda thing at all, it's impressive how well put-together that song is.

And the second half of the album is definitely the stronger half, IMO.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

At first listen I thought Darkness was a good song but kinda slowed the album down too much. But I listened to it another couple times and it's fuckin brilliant. Yea it's quite a contrast to what he was doing 20 years ago but that's not a bad thing at all, and the anti-gun message doesn't come off as corny or a 'typical liberal celebrity' kinda thing at all, it's impressive how well put-together that song is.

And the second half of the album is definitely the stronger half, IMO.

I’ve only heard the first half (roughly at that) so far and its fuckin’ good, if the 2nd is better then I’m in for the best Em’ album in a while.  

See what I want from Em’ is lyrical acrobatics and less of that pussy shit, I don’t mind emotion, just don’t complain so much, thats all.  I’m kinda at a place where I’m desperate for new music so he couldn’t’ve picked a better time to drop, lovin’ it so far, though I’ve been listening to it drunk.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I’ve only heard the first half (roughly at that) so far and its fuckin’ good, if the 2nd is better then I’m in for the best Em’ album in a while.  

See what I want from Em’ is lyrical acrobatics and less of that pussy shit, I don’t mind emotion, just don’t complain so much, thats all.  I’m kinda at a place where I’m desperate for new music so he couldn’t’ve picked a better time to drop, lovin’ it so far, though I’ve been listening to it drunk.

Tracks 13-19 are really good. 'Marsh' has a cool vibe, 'Farewell' sounds like a throwback to the mid-2000s, 'Lock It Up' is one of the best songs on the album and I'm glad we finally got to hear Anderson .Paak on an Em record... after the Bodied soundtrack never came out, I lost hope of hearing them together on a track. (Em, .Paak, and Boogie did a song called 'Freak' for the Bodied soundtrack but it never came out... you can hear like 10 seconds of it playing in the movie). The hook on I Will is some classic Shady shit and his verse on that is really good too.

Honestly this album is like a Relapse Part 2 with better songs and no terrible accents.