Anybody seen it, what did you think?

i thought it was pretty good, filmed in a really unusual way but it works somehow. 

I cant seem to get through a World Wars movie. Taken like 8 runs at Dunkirk. 

I thought it was really well done

22 hours ago, soon said:

I cant seem to get through a World Wars movie. Taken like 8 runs at Dunkirk. 

I dvr'd Dunkirk. It was so boring. 

Not much for war movies. How do we know it really happened that way? I don't think anyone knows for sure. 

• Haha 1

I will probably see it.

17 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

How do we know it really happened that way?

Historical consultation, testaments (by participants) and other historical documentation combined with film footage and photographs. 

I saw the trailer of this, looks like it'd really benefit from being viewed in the cinema, the trailer is like the camera handheld following these lads through no mans land, was pretty sick.  There's a few film out I wanna watch in the cinema actually, this, the new guy ritchie one, the new bad boys.

17 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I dvr'd Dunkirk. It was so boring. 

Not much for war movies. How do we know it really happened that way? I don't think anyone knows for sure. 

How do we know how most things really happened, we don't, its fictionalized accounts, rock star biopics are much the same.

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

the new guy ritchie one

Hugh Grant as a cockney? No thank you.

Guy Ritchie hasn't made a decent movie since Lock Stock and that wasn't that good. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hugh Grant as a cockney? No thank you.

Guy Ritchie hasn't made a decent movie since Lock Stock and that wasn't that good. 

You have to approach Guy Ritchie films in much the same way you might approach a Death Wish sequel.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

You have to approach Guy Ritchie films in much the same way you might approach a Death Wish sequel.

Classic! :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Classic! :lol: 

That film was so shit that when you bought it on VHS back in the day the trailers used to be of weird sex romp comedy shite like:

I thought the cinematography was great, Sam Mendes has a good eye for the camera; some of the writing could have been better, but I enjoyed the film. Hard to make a film with limited characters, no real bad guy. There wasn't much in the way of character development or arcs; but i still enjoyed it. 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

That film was so shit that when you bought it on VHS back in the day the trailers used to be of weird sex romp comedy shite like:

0.45. Bet she has a bad back?

On 1/20/2020 at 4:14 PM, Len Cnut said:

There's a few film out I wanna watch in the cinema actually, this, the new guy ritchie one

Saw The Gentlemen and 1917 for a fiver each with Vue Mondays, cheapest way I've found to see films at the cinema in London. Thought both films were well worth it, though I was the only one laughing at certain points in The Gentlemen.

26 minutes ago, Amir said:

Saw The Gentlemen and 1917 for a fiver each with Vue Mondays, cheapest way I've found to see films at the cinema in London. Thought both films were well worth it, though I was the only one laughing at certain points in The Gentlemen.

whats vue mondays?

Seen it an hour ago. I liked this. Was good, well made and filmed. It's the kind of film you expect to pick up awards, however it was more Darkest Hour than Dunkirk for me.

I don't think I'll remember much about it in a month.

Dunkirk was more of a "you have to see this in a cinema". This is more of a Sunday afternoon film on BBC 1 during the holidays.

Again it's good, just not a classic.