RUMOUR via Triple M: New Album Feb/March and 2020 tour (Australia Oct/Nov)

vloors

Hopefully true, and like the saying 'where there's smoke there's fire' , it sounds like Eddie might have some inside info. These guys know everyone. I heard lots of stuff years ago because one of the big promoters, Michael Gudinski, i think, used my friend's Elite Nanny service in Toorak (Melbourne) to regularly look after his kids and people talk. (I also scored front row early entry tickets to the Melbourne Metallica gig thanks to that connection to Gudinski).

• 4 weeks later...

Knew it would happen, fucking finally. Been waiting a year and a half with hope and disappointment, but guess theres hope back. I think the issue was getting the right technology for Brian ears to do a 19 - 20 song set & Phil Rudd not allowed to enter a few countries, but guess those issues are fixed.

On 28/02/2020 at 2:33 AM, Alejandro GNR said:

No rumour about Axl being involved in any kind or shape???

Nope Brians been confirmed back for awhile now. I wouldn't mind a guest appearance on a new song though as long as axl brings his A game to it. No mickey shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Anyone wanting Axl to ruin his throat with AC/DC even more must be a latent masochist or something...

Would I wanna see a DVD from 2016? Of course. Would I want him to do it ever again? Hell no. 

perhaps you're just not an AC/DC fan or at least not big enough of a fan to want Axl to "waste" his resources on any band that is not Gn'R especially when there is no album in sight, but it was probably a dream come true for him to do that. Anything that makes a person this happy to be involved with something is worth it imo (as long as it's a positive act) but I think I understand where you're coming from with this shit. Personally, I'd love to hear Axl live on beast mode again and he doesn't seem to do that with Gn'R that often anymore.

Many of those shows were absolutely killer. Clearly he was so into it and didn't want to let Angus down, it was adorable. Little Angus is watching you.

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

perhaps you're just not an AC/DC fan or at least not big enough of a fan to want Axl to "waste" his resources on any band that is not Gn'R especially when there is no album in sight, but it was probably a dream come true for him to do that. Anything that makes a person this happy to be involved with something is worth it imo (as long as it's a positive act) but I think I understand where you're coming from with this shit. Personally, I'd love to hear Axl live on beast mode again and he doesn't seem to do that with Gn'R that often anymore.

Many of those shows were absolutely killer. Clearly he was so into it and didn't want to let Angus down, it was adorable. Little Angus is watching you.

Nope, you took it from the wrong end. I am a DC fan (albeit not a hard core one), but I’m looking at this strictly from the point of view of Axl preserving his voice for his own mother band and what his tenure with Angus undeniably did to his vocal cords. 
I absolutely agree that it must have been a dream come true for him, and I’m glad for that in this sense. But at this point, him doing this again (unless we’re really talking about just a guest appearance for one song etc.) would mean even further deterioration; I don’t think this could even be questioned. If Guns were over for good and he was doing nothing but just sitting in his mansion, then maybe I’d be all for it, but the reality is (fortunately) different. 
The beast mode was mind-blowing indeed, but it’s taken an evident toll. I'm obviously looking at it as a GNR/Axl fan, that's all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Nope, you took it from the wrong end. I am a DC fan (albeit not a hard core one), but I’m looking at this strictly from the point of view of Axl preserving his voice for his own mother band and what his tenure with Angus undeniably did to his vocal cords. 
I absolutely agree that it must have been a dream come true for him, and I’m glad for that in this sense. But at this point, him doing this again (unless we’re really talking about just a guest appearance for one song etc.) would mean even further deterioration; I don’t think this could even be questioned. If Guns were over for good and he was doing nothing but just sitting in his mansion, then maybe I’d be all for it, but the reality is (fortunately) different. 
The beast mode was mind-blowing indeed, but it’s taken an evident toll. I'm obviously looking at it as a GNR/Axl fan, that's all. 

I see, even if I don't share exactly the same view, but what would you do if one of your absolute favorites in your field needed help with something as cool as that? there was no other choice really. I like how he recognized the opportunity and seized it. But mother band, yeah. I'm a much bigger Gn'R fan and if Axl was as excited about Gn'R's live shows and would put the same amount of effort in it like with Angus then yeah, it would be ideal.

it's not like he toured with Angus for 3 years though so I don't think there was any significant damage to his vocal chords if any but maybe. Everything deteriorates, we invest it where it best serves our interests when we can.

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I see, even if I don't share exactly the same view, but what would you do if one of your absolute favorites in your field needed help with something as cool as that? there was no other choice really. I like how he recognized the opportunity and seized it. But mother band, yeah. I'm a much bigger Gn'R fan and if Axl was as excited about Gn'R's live shows and would put the same amount of effort in it like with Angus then yeah, it would be ideal.

it's not like he toured with Angus for 3 years though so I don't think there was any significant damage to his vocal chords if any but maybe. Everything deteriorates, we invest it where it best serves our interests when we can.

But I wasn’t "scolding" him for having done that; I’ve just expressed my hopes that he won’t do it again in this extent, simple as that. 

(As for his performance in GNR, that belongs in the Axl’s voice thread and has a lot to do with the different vocal position in which a lot of the GNR’s greatest hits were made, no need to go into that here.)

• 2 months later...
On 28/02/2020 at 2:33 AM, Alejandro GNR said:

No rumour about Axl being involved in any kind or shape???

Ok theres this. Maybe Axl is to be featured on a new acdc song.

Great news for rock music lovers, the closest thing to the original Guns N' Roses lineup are busy working on a new album in 29 years.

The massive news was revealed by long standing band member, Duff McKagan's wife Susan Holmes McKagan this week on the podcastAppetite For Distortion, confirming "I will say GN'R have been working fastidiously on killer new stuff".

As for the song, Susan said: "I've heard bits and bobs and it's pretty epic. I do wanna spread the good news, but not detailed news".

This isn't the first time we've heard of the new record featuring Axl Rose, Slash and McKagan, but it's the best indication it's on its way for a while and with touring plans on hold, the band have more time for focus on the highly anticipated rock record.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has also been spotted working on the new AC/DC album, after briefly fronting the band, the Godfather of Triple M, Lee Simon, weighed in on the situation:

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/guns-n-roses-are-busy-working-on-a-new-album-160468

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, vloors said:

Ok theres this. Maybe Axl is to be featured on a new acdc song.

Great news for rock music lovers, the closest thing to the original Guns N' Roses lineup are busy working on a new album in 29 years.

The massive news was revealed by long standing band member, Duff McKagan's wife Susan Holmes McKagan this week on the podcastAppetite For Distortion, confirming "I will say GN'R have been working fastidiously on killer new stuff".

As for the song, Susan said: "I've heard bits and bobs and it's pretty epic. I do wanna spread the good news, but not detailed news".

This isn't the first time we've heard of the new record featuring Axl Rose, Slash and McKagan, but it's the best indication it's on its way for a while and with touring plans on hold, the band have more time for focus on the highly anticipated rock record.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has also been spotted working on the new AC/DC album, after briefly fronting the band, the Godfather of Triple M, Lee Simon, weighed in on the situation:

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/guns-n-roses-are-busy-working-on-a-new-album-160468

Mmmmm sounds like pure speculation...