Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

21 hours ago, soon said:

Fun fact, Dave Kushner played guitar on their first album. And Robert Trujillo was their bassist.

When I first heard the name of your pod I didnt think of them either though. I thought about musical rhythms being infectious. And also I thought about the physical grooves in vinyl.

I didn't know that about Kushner. I did not Rob was a part of them though. 

And yeah, that's the things I was thinking of when we settled on the name :)

Episode 2 is out now. Please feel free to give me any feedback if/when you can take a listen! 

• Like 1

On January 27, 2020 at 8:46 AM, RussTCB said:

I didn't know that about Kushner. I did not Rob was a part of them though. 

And yeah, that's the things I was thinking of when we settled on the name :)

Episode 2 is out now. Please feel free to give me any feedback if/when you can take a listen! 

Yeah, a fellow poster on here let me know about Kushner. On wiki it just lists him as 'playing on the album' but he wasnt a member of the band and they also had a guitarist.

I really enjoyed Ep 2! I like the humour around the limited acceptance of Michelles pop-punk fandom :lol:. I kinda liked hearing the songs, but I guess Im in the minority and its easier this way. Its easy enough to look them up, for sure. Yo, its likely just my device if you havent heard this from anyone else, but the silent pauses for commercials actually seems to have paused the cast. Slight chance its the caster (if its silent too long)? But my device is old so its probably just on my end. You'll have advertisers in no time any ways.

Great theme too. I was visualizing you basically living at that concert venue for that week. All your stories kinda played out in my mind like The Crue movie or the movie Dazed and Confused... in the sense of you felt the whole vibe of a passed era.

You were WAY too excited about how good N Synch is live :P:lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

You were WAY too excited about how good N Synch is live :P:lol:

All the skeletons are coming out the closet now!! I listened to half of Episode 2 this morning as I've been off sick and it felt like a good opportunity to give it a listen. I should probably have started with Ep 1, as I spent most of it wondering how you all knew eachother, as you clearly have a good chemistry together! Oh, and thanks for the shoutout for MyMJJ! Always appreciated.

Btw, I noticed the little bit of Clots at the beginning!!! That was a nice touch! I really must check that guy out.... ;)

Edited by Towelie
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, Towelie said:

All the skeletons are coming out the closet now!! I listened to half of Episode 2 this morning as I've been off sick and it felt like a good opportunity to give it a listen. I should probably have started with Ep 1, as I spent most of it wondering how you all knew eachother, as you clearly have a good chemistry together! Oh, and thanks for the shoutout for MyMJJ! Always appreciated.

Btw, I noticed the little bit of Clots at the beginning!!! That was a nice touch! I really must check that guy out.... ;)

Thanks for checking it out :)

I finally got hit for the copyrighted songs, so I just reuploaded episodes 1 & 2 without them. 

Episode 3 is out now! 

https://anchor.fm/infectiousgroovepodcast/episodes/Our-Lips-Are-Sealed-eajh51

Besides the link above, you can now listen on Spotify, Pocket Casts, CastBox, Podcast Addict, Radio Public, Stitcher and other places. 

Check it out and let me know what you think! 

Tagging @soon @ArthurMorgan @Duwz @F*ck Fear @vloors and @rocknroll41 just so you all know the show is MUCH easier to listen to and subscribe to now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On February 3, 2020 at 8:17 AM, RussTCB said:

Episode 3 is out now! 

Besides the link above, you can now listen on Spotify, Pocket Casts, CastBox, Podcast Addict, Radio Public, Stitcher and other places. 

Tagging @soon @ArthurMorgan @Duwz @F*ck Fear @vloors and @rocknroll41 just so you all know the show is MUCH easier to listen to and subscribe to now. 

Nice episode! Nailing the flow and I am looking forward to those YT playlists :headbang:

I just googled to see what caster would pop up first and ended up listening on Listennote (shoot cant recall the name, lol. Listenon? Listenline?) Anyways the listening experience was smoother for sure. Congrats on Apple and all these others - thats huge!

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 9:56 AM, soon said:

Nice episode! Nailing the flow and I am looking forward to those YT playlists :headbang:

I just googled to see what caster would pop up first and ended up listening on Listennote (shoot cant recall the name, lol. Listenon? Listenline?) Anyways the listening experience was smoother for sure. Congrats on Apple and all these others - thats huge!

Thanks and good to know it's out there everywhere now. 

We recorded Episode 4 a couple of days ago and it'll be out Monday. I hope people continue to enjoy the show. It's a lot of work, but a LOT of fun. 

I really appreciate everyone who's taken the time to listen. 

• Like 1

Finally got around to listening to episode 3, very cool stuff.  You and your partners have a really good camaraderie and it shows.  Loved that you mentioned two of my favs, Elvis' and Dusty Springfield's versions of You Dont Have To Say You Love Me.  I thought you guys might've touched on the all time king of lip syncers, Milli Vanilli. 😄  But I digress.  Anyway, you guys are doing a great job, congrats.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Finally got around to listening to episode 3, very cool stuff.  You and your partners have a really good camaraderie and it shows.  Loved that you mentioned two of my favs, Elvis' and Dusty Springfield's versions of You Dont Have To Say You Love Me.  I thought you guys might've touched on the all time king of lip syncers, Milli Vanilli. 😄  But I digress.  Anyway, you guys are doing a great job, congrats.

Thanks for taking the time! Yeah, I think Milli Vanilli and Ashlee Simpson are the two big ones people remember. But so much has been said about those two already that I thought I'd take it in another direction. 

Also, Episode 4 will be out on Monday and I talk a LOT more about Elvis At Madison Square Garden. 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2020 at 12:17 AM, RussTCB said:

Episode 3 is out now! 

Im listening via Spotify. Great episode so far. Convos flowing along much better. Side note pm dawn also had hits with  looking through patient eyes and gotta be movin on up. Both were big in Australia in the 90s. Not a one hit wonder here. 

Excellent to hear the vast range of genres you all enjoy.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vloors said:

Im listening via Spotify. Great episode so far. Convos flowing along much better. Side note pm dawn also had hits with  looking through patient eyes and gotta be movin on up. Both were big in Australia in the 90s. Not a one hit wonder here. 

Excellent to hear the vast range of genres you all enjoy.

Thank you! I've been trying to put a lot of feedback I've been getting into play. Yeah, I couldn't remember the name of the other PM Dawn hits. Here in the US, they really only had Set Adrift and Looking Through, but I knew they were bigger elsewhere.

Episode 4 was just released this morning and I very much appreciate the continued listens from everyone! :)

You can listen pretty much everywhere now (Apple Podcast, Spotify, etc etc) but you can also listen (and support) directly through Anchor:
https://anchor.fm/infectiousgroovepodcast/episodes/Initial-Impact-eam8sr

• Like 1

Really great cast of characters hosting this pod! Love ep 4. Listened on Stitcher. 

The billboards and Mickey Unwrapped :lol: Also 'infectious' is Michelle's laugh. 

Im blanking on what my first album that I bought was, dang. Definitely the Beach Boys live album with them dressed as referees on the cover was my first love, but that was before I bought an album. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, soon said:

Really great cast of characters hosting this pod! Love ep 4. Listened on Stitcher. 

The billboards and Mickey Unwrapped :lol: Also 'infectious' is Michelle's laugh. 

Im blanking on what my first album that I bought was, dang. Definitely the Beach Boys live album with them dressed as referees on the cover was my first love, but that was before I bought an album. 

I've known Michelle for around 15 years. She's one of my favorite people ever and yeah, her laugh is definitely infectious :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Thank you! I've been trying to put a lot of feedback I've been getting into play. Yeah, I couldn't remember the name of the other PM Dawn hits. Here in the US, they really only had Set Adrift and Looking Through, but I knew they were bigger elsewhere.

Episode 4 was just released this morning and I very much appreciate the continued listens from everyone! :)

You can listen pretty much everywhere now (Apple Podcast, Spotify, etc etc) but you can also listen (and support) directly through Anchor:
https://anchor.fm/infectiousgroovepodcast/episodes/Initial-Impact-eam8sr

Am listening now about 20 mins in. Appreciate the love for angel dust my fav fnm album.

Definately underrated album.

First album i bought with my own money rhcp blood sugar sex majic or NWA efilrofzaggin back in 1991.

Started collecting albums that year.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I've known Michelle for around 15 years. She's one of my favorite people ever and yeah, her laugh is definitely infectious :)

I love the michelle banter. Everyone expecting the worst when her first album was going to be revealed lol

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, vloors said:

Am listening now about 20 mins in. Appreciate the love for angel dust my fav fnm album.

Definately underrated album.

First album i bought with my own money rhcp blood sugar sex majic or NWA efilrofzaggin back in 1991.

Started collecting albums that year.

I love the michelle banter. Everyone expecting the worst when her first album was going to be revealed lol

I think Angel Dust is so under rated. I thought it was going to be a monster based on the singles, then it just wasn't. 

I remember when I bought Blood Sugar Sex Magic. Sir Psycho Sexy was my jam for the longest time. 

And yeah, it's very easy for the banter with Michelle to develop. We're both very sarcastic and she's whip smart. So it makes for a great back and forth between us. 

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've only listened to the first 2 episodes but they're good so far. You've got a nice group of hosts and potential for interesting episodes, and you have good 'radio voices'. :lol:

It's cool that Ron let you use his music. :bbf:

Thanks for checking it out man. I appreciate you taking the time! Episodes 3 and 4 are already out there with Episode 5 on the way Monday morning :)

• Like 1

Just listened to ep.4, cool stuff.  I actually did know about the Ozzy and the bat thing from the previous episode.😄 it's funny how you said you didn't get away with the adult content on Illusions.  It was interesting how you said that Elvis' MSG album contributed to your musical diversity.  I know this might sound blasphemous but I always thought that Elvis' version of Proud Mary was a bit weak.  My favorite part of the song is J.D. Sumner doing the bass "rolling" part.😊  Anyway, another good episode.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Just listened to ep.4, cool stuff.  I actually did know about the Ozzy and the bat thing from the previous episode.😄 it's funny how you said you didn't get away with the adult content on Illusions.  It was interesting how you said that Elvis' MSG album contributed to your musical diversity.  I know this might sound blasphemous but I always thought that Elvis' version of Proud Mary was a bit weak.  My favorite part of the song is J.D. Sumner doing the bass "rolling" part.😊  Anyway, another good episode.

I hear ya on Proud Mary. That's probably the sign where he's going through the motions on there, but it works where it is in the set list. 

Thanks for continuing to listen! I just edited episode 5 today, so it'll be out first thing tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1