Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The Letterkenny show was GREAT. We actually ended up seeing the only show they did because of everything going on. The tour was postponed the day after our show and we were the first stop on the tour.

Gkad you had a great time with this episode and I hope next week's lives up to the hype haha. 

Glad you saw it in time! Now thats a story to tell. 

Im sure the next one will live up to the hype, lol

...Maybe 2 pods a week starting soon? :) Main show on Monday to keep that consistent and a perhaps shorter and less involved 'bonus' one to follow it up? rock3 Pleeeease :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Glad you saw it in time! Now thats a story to tell. 

Im sure the next one will live up to the hype, lol

...Maybe 2 pods a week starting soon? :) Main show on Monday to keep that consistent and a perhaps shorter and less involved 'bonus' one to follow it up? rock3 Pleeeease :lol:

I've been thinking about that option, but I'm not sure how to execute it. I'm thinking maybe I could just do a mid week solo show to review albums or something? 

14 minutes ago, soon said:

Nice one! And yes, a great detour from the virus anxiety and monotony. Kyle is missed, but the ep is great.

"You co-host a music podcast and you learn about music every week."  - RussTCB to Michelle

Burn!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha, thanks. I try not to miss an opportunity to rip on her and she does the same. She's got a lot of digs on me recently, so I felt I had to strike back haha.

We're still trying to work out if we'll be able to get bonus episodes out in between main ones, but if not, Kyle will be back for the main episode next week. That is, if Michelle doesn't kill him :)

• GNFNR 1

Episode 12 is out and it's VERY personal to me. I talk about the healing power of music and some of my own personal experiences. 

It's available on all major podcast platforms, here's the Spotify link:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0PHEk5r70bBfFUpXz9bz4h?si=XytXmZeTS-O3aMrBf467nA

Edit- whoops, I linked the wrong episode at first. Should be fixed now. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, soon said:

Sounds perfect!

Just an update:

Now that I have the ability to have Michelle & Kyle return remotely, we're going to record Episode 13 tomorrow. 

We've also finally worked out how we're going to do bonus content going forward. If everything goes according to plan, we're going to record the first bonus episode on Wednesday, with an aim to put it out on Friday. 

I've got an "album tournament" of sorts planned which will give us several weeks of bonus content. Should be pretty rad and hopefully enjoyable for everyone.

Our latest episode is going really strong in number of listens, so I'm hoping to keep that momentum going. 

• GNFNR 1

The first extra / bonus episode is out now. Going forward we'll see have the regular episode on Monday and the bonus episode every Friday. 

Our plan is to keep that up until this whole virus thing is over. We set up the album tournament, so hopefully everyone digs it. 

I enjoyed the soundtrack episode. It took me forever to find it because “infectious” is such a popular podcast search term these days, lol. J/k

The only movie soundtracks I have are Interview with the Vampire, Woodstock, and The Wall. Only Interview is a stand alone movie in the traditional sense and it’s only song is Guns’ contribution.

my favourite soundtracks would all be tv shows, I think. Hello Ladies is so great! As is Freaks and Geeks, along with Wonder Years. They all have really huge, popular songs.

Most often tv and video games uses not famous artists, like Melissa and Brain. And sometimes that’s a great way to be turned on to new things - especially from outside of my typical genre. Sex Education gave me tons of new music. And I found this whole Sex Ed music fan base that was researching all the unknown artists and the so far unreleased tracks from the show. Some really great music. And the chase is fun too!

but my soundtrack game is weak - I don’t even have the one Craven soundtrack with BH and Finck on it!

Gonna check out the tournie ASAP! :headbang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

I enjoyed the soundtrack episode. It took me forever to find it because “infectious” is such a popular podcast search term these days, lol. J/k

The only movie soundtracks I have are Interview with the Vampire, Woodstock, and The Wall. Only Interview is a stand alone movie in the traditional sense and it’s only song is Guns’ contribution.

my favourite soundtracks would all be tv shows, I think. Hello Ladies is so great! As is Freaks and Geeks, along with Wonder Years. They all have really huge, popular songs.

Most often tv and video games uses not famous artists, like Melissa and Brain. And sometimes that’s a great way to be turned on to new things - especially from outside of my typical genre. Sex Education gave me tons of new music. And I found this whole Sex Ed music fan base that was researching all the unknown artists and the so far unreleased tracks from the show. Some really great music. And the chase is fun too!

but my soundtrack game is weak - I don’t even have the one Craven soundtrack with BH and Finck on it!

Gonna check out the tournie ASAP! :headbang:

Right on. Hopefully we gave you some decent soundtracks to check out. 

As far as finding the episode, if you subscribe to the show on your app, the news episodes should download automatically. 

Episode 14 will be out tomorrow morning. Then the second episode of the tournament will be out on Friday :)

• Like 2

And here's Episode 14!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/56TzeyUn7krzTTGETKcB8Z?si=3GCDsgUDT0ea0dBlGUzwCw

That's the Spotify link, but it's also available on all major podcast platforms. Make sure to hit subscribe. 

We talked about altered / censored cover art, which led to a pretty good discussion.

I appreciate anyone taking the time to listen and I'm always open to suggestions for improvement / changes :)

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 1:59 PM, ArthurMorgan said:

For starters, you have a great podcast-voice!

On 1/20/2020 at 9:56 PM, Duwz said:

It’s great! 

On 1/23/2020 at 8:12 PM, rocknroll41 said:

@RussTCB very good! Looking forward to hearing more!

On 1/26/2020 at 4:06 AM, vloors said:

You know infectious grooves is a bloody great band right. 

Will check out your podcast later tonight.

On 2/3/2020 at 2:49 PM, BlueJean Baby said:

Listening now, followed the podcast on Spotify. Sounds great so far. You have a great voice for radio/podcasts.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:56 AM, soon said:

Nice episode! Nailing the flow and I am looking forward to those YT playlists :headbang:

I just googled to see what caster would pop up first and ended up listening on Listennote (shoot cant recall the name, lol. Listenon? Listenline?) Anyways the listening experience was smoother for sure. Congrats on Apple and all these others - thats huge!

On 2/8/2020 at 2:30 PM, lame ass security said:

Finally got around to listening to episode 3, very cool stuff.  You and your partners have a really good camaraderie and it shows.  Loved that you mentioned two of my favs, Elvis' and Dusty Springfield's versions of You Dont Have To Say You Love Me.  I thought you guys might've touched on the all time king of lip syncers, Milli Vanilli. 😄  But I digress.  Anyway, you guys are doing a great job, congrats.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:59 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

I've only listened to the first 2 episodes but they're good so far. You've got a nice group of hosts and potential for interesting episodes, and you have good 'radio voices'. :lol:

It's cool that Ron let you use his music. :bbf:

I quoted a bunch of people who said they listened to the show, I'm sure I missed some though. 

Does anyone have any feedback? I want to make the show the best I can, so I want to hear if there's anything in particular someone likes or dislikes. The idea being to do more of what people are liking and less of what people don't.

I'm really hoping to grow the audience, so any feedback positive and negative helps!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I quoted a bunch of people who said they listened to the show, I'm sure I missed some though. 

Does anyone have any feedback? I want to make the show the best I can, so I want to hear if there's anything in particular someone likes or dislikes. The idea being to do more of what people are liking and less of what people don't.

I'm really hoping to grow the audience, so any feedback positive and negative helps!

The show is good but in my option to grow the audience you need to have a celeb muso guest every now and then. That will expand your audience and get them hooked in.

You can dive into their fav albums etc music backgrounds and other various interesting topics. 

Not sure if the three of you have anyone you know or can pull some strings to get someone in but it would definately bring alot more exposure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vloors said:

The show is good but in my option to grow the audience you need to have a celeb muso guest every now and then. That will expand your audience and get them hooked in.

You can dive into their fav albums etc music backgrounds and other various interesting topics. 

Not sure if the three of you have anyone you know or can pull some strings to get someone in but it would definately bring alot more exposure.

We actually have a few (small) connections that we're working on. Next week's episode will feature an interview with a Canadian artist named Oceanship. So that'll be the first attempt at something like that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

We actually have a few (small) connections that we're working on. Next week's episode will feature an interview with a Canadian artist named Oceanship. So that'll be the first attempt at something like that. 

Very cool. I was thinking the same thing the previous poster mentioned about having guests. It will help the growth of the show. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed that! I have never listened to Garth Brooks. I know of Achy Breaky Heart from pop culture, but have never listened to the song.

Zep 4 (Zoso/ 4 Symbols/ etc) is one of those albums thats so good, that you tend to get into so early in music fandom, that it almost becomes taken for granted by me. Maybe like DSOTM. Its so good and yet I havent listened to it in ages.

Might have to check out some Garth. Am definitely about to drop the needle on 4. :headbang:

As an aside, Im curious what you think of Page with Crowes at the Greek, Russ?

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

I enjoyed that! I have never listened to Garth Brooks. I know of Achy Breaky Heart from pop culture, but have never listened to the song.

Zep 4 (Zoso/ 4 Symbols/ etc) is one of those albums thats so good, that you tend to get into so early in music fandom, that it almost becomes taken for granted by me. Maybe like DSOTM. Its so good and yet I havent listened to it in ages.

Might have to check out some Garth. Am definitely about to drop the needle on 4. :headbang:

As an aside, Im curious what you think of Page with Crowes at the Greek, Russ?

Wait......I need to clarify something, Achy Breaky Heart is NOT Garth Brooks. That's an early hit by Billy Ray Cryus. 

If you do check out Garth, I *highly* recommend his third album Ropin' The Wind as the place to start. I think every song on it is top notch from front to back. 

Totally agree about Zeppelin IV btw. People forget how good the album is because it's always been there. I do honestly like III better, but IV is absolutely fantastic. 

As far as Crowes / Page goes, I absolutely love it. I got to see that tour and they were on fire. The live album sounds amazing and the version of Nobody's Fault But Mine on there is my favorite version ever. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Wait......I need to clarify something, Achy Breaky Heart is NOT Garth Brooks. That's an early hit by Billy Ray Cryus. 

If you do check out Garth, I *highly* recommend his third album Ropin' The Wind as the place to start. I think every song on it is top notch from front to back. 

Totally agree about Zeppelin IV btw. People forget how good the album is because it's always been there. I do honestly like III better, but IV is absolutely fantastic. 

As far as Crowes / Page goes, I absolutely love it. I got to see that tour and they were on fire. The live album sounds amazing and the version of Nobody's Fault But Mine on there is my favorite version ever. 

Really - Mileys Dad?!?! I honestly forgot that he was famous for anything other than being in tabloids :lol: 

I guess Ive never heard of any Brooks then. Will check out Ropin' The Wind, thanks. Will check out that Nobodies Fault too!

On April 29, 2020 at 8:46 AM, RussTCB said:

I think its great! I love the hosts, the themes, the tone of conversation, the drops and general structure. I could go for a traditional call-sign deal at the start, like Michele in 'radio voice' "This is Infectious Grove Podcast, from 33...." And yes, thats everything you are about to say in your own intro, lol. Use a different production value to make it stand out from the rest of the voices. She says it over music in a heavily produced tone and then you say the same thing in your normal mix as the music fades (like how you do now). That way, you as the main host are being introduced, rather than doing the introduction. Thats just extra though - fan fair for the sake of fan fair. But I like that stuff at least - it kinda plugs me in for the ride. Its kinda similar to how I like Michelle and Kyles sign off "Byeee." It builds atmosphere. Just thoughts, lol. 

Having guests will be awesome! Creates buzz through their own networks and with algorithms. And you get to name drop them forever. I'd be interested in hearing from music critics, people who curate soundtracks, techno-philosophers (on how we consume audio in todays world - pros and cons), but Im sure that big names would be better for your numbers. A Detroit area record store owner and Meltdown would be awesome, imo!

Is there like a motown museum or something that you could get the director of to come on? Or maybe a local prof who studies Motown? The children of any motown legends? A music pod from Detroit... mine that well!! :headbang:Pack up some of moms spaghetti and do a segment on location from 8 Mile Rd? Just no Kid rock... ever, lol.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1