Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Great episode! 

I think that I know what Michelle was talking about with Em and Trump. Eminem did that acapella freestyle that was opposing Trump. It was in a parking garage, not a train station though.

Oh right on, I totally remember that now. I couldn't think of it in the moment. Thanks for listening as always :)

We have a new bonus episode out first thing tomorrow morning, then a new main episode coming on Monday. 

SUPER cool news coming up after that. We booked a pretty big rocker who agreed to join us for the entire episode. Should be a hell of a lot of fun! 

• Like 1

The latest bonus episode is out. We shared the results of Dermot Kennedy vs Pearl Jam. Plus we debated the next match: Prince - Purple Rain vs Michael Jackson - Thriller. Check us out via the links below:

https://linktr.ee/Infectiousgroovepodcast

Also! I'm really excited about the episode we have for Monday. The legendary Jeff Scott Soto was kind enough to do an entire episode with us. Can't wait to share that one. 

• Like 1

I didn't see a Michael Jackson thread but since you're having an MJ vs Prince match, I'll post it here. I saw this on another forum, have you heard of this before Russ?

FOR SALE:

PHYSICAL(!) original studio item with the song "Get Your Weight Off Of Me" by MICHAEL JACKSON, the King of Pop.

The song was recorded around 2000 with Rodney Jerkins and his team for the album INVINCIBLE. It is completely finished and NOT a demo but a fully developed recording with full verses, chorus, climax and chorus-out as well as many ad-libs.

I have owned this song for about 15 years. I have a second gold CD (pictured below, on the right) with the song on it that was played at an internal Sony UK meeting on March 31, 2004 (that date is written on the CD). This was the last time Sony and the Estate of MJ sat down and discussed songs. Unlike Prince's estate, there are just too many issues between parties that have stopped releases and it doesn't seem like that will be changing anytime soon. When BAD 25 failed to generate the profit they'd hoped for, they started to ignore any other anniversary projects like Dangerous 25 or HIStory 25.

I have previously sold the item #8 on this list of most valuable recordings (this is only one lists of many as there is no definite list, the infamous Wu-Tang album that has sold for 2 millions would be the highest sale as of now):
Top 10 Most Expensive & Valuable Records - Gazette Review

8yNBAId.jpg

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I didn't see a Michael Jackson thread but since you're having an MJ vs Prince match, I'll post it here. I saw this on another forum, have you heard of this before Russ?

I've heard about that, yeah. I know very little about it but I think I read that it's never sold because the price is always outrageous. 

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've heard about that, yeah. I know very little about it but I think I read that it's never sold because the price is always outrageous. 

I saw an old auction where the guy was asking like $100,000 :lol:

But it was re-posted the other day on an unreleased music forum / marketplace so I thought it might have come down to a "reasonable" price... maybe not though.

• Like 1

Our latest episode is out. 

Legendary frontman Jeff Scott Soto was nice enough to spend the entire episode with us. We had a blast talking about our favorite love songs. PLUS Jeff broke news regarding the release date of his forthcoming solo album. 

Listen now via the links below 

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Our latest episode is out. 

Legendary frontman Jeff Scott Soto was nice enough to spend the entire episode with us. We had a blast talking about our favorite love songs. PLUS Jeff broke news regarding the release date of his forthcoming solo album. 

Listen now via the links below 

Listened a bit with morning coffee and cant wait to finish it up later. Huge guest! And y'know its really impressive how he actually seems like he's already been a part of your squad. You all connect so well and in such a fun way.

Sidenote, I often listen and sip coffee on my balcony which is unfortunately close to my neighbours window. Today when your voice came on, they asked through their window who it was and that they "really like that one!" So you are beating out heavies like Comedy Bang Bang, Rebel Force Radio, Rolling Stone Music Now for my neighbours attention :headbang: I thought that was really cool!

I did offer to send them your link, but they said they liked the arrangement with me being the dj :lol: I did mention the name a few times so hopefully they can look you up! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, soon said:

Listened a bit with morning coffee and cant wait to finish it up later. Huge guest! And y'know its really impressive how he actually seems like he's already been a part of your squad. You all connect so well and in such a fun way.

Sidenote, I often listen and sip coffee on my balcony which is unfortunately close to my neighbours window. Today when your voice came on, they asked through their window who it was and that they "really like that one!" So you are beating out heavies like Comedy Bang Bang, Rebel Force Radio, Rolling Stone Music Now for my neighbours attention :headbang: I thought that was really cool!

I did offer to send them your link, but they said they liked the arrangement with me being the dj :lol: I did mention the name a few times so hopefully they can look you up! 

Hell yeah, that's all great to hear! Glad you're enjoying the episode. It was soooooo much fun. It was crazy to me how well Jeff fit in. Obviously, we're really proud of this one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I feel like @soon is the only mygnr forum member still supporting the show, but I'll keep promoting it here anyway lol

I post enough for 10 people though... not sure how that factors in to the show analytics though. :lol:

If I didnt know better Id guess Nsynch was Michelles pick. :P

I cannot wait to hear you talk Floyd :headbang:

• Thanks 1