Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

1 hour ago, soon said:

Really - Mileys Dad?!?! I honestly forgot that he was famous for anything other than being in tabloids :lol: 

I guess Ive never heard of any Brooks then. Will check out Ropin' The Wind, thanks. Will check out that Nobodies Fault too!

I think its great! I love the hosts, the themes, the tone of conversation, the drops and general structure. I could go for a traditional call-sign deal at the start, like Michele in 'radio voice' "This is Infectious Grove Podcast, from 33...." And yes, thats everything you are about to say in your own intro, lol. Use a different production value to make it stand out from the rest of the voices. She says it over music in a heavily produced tone and then you say the same thing in your normal mix as the music fades (like how you do now). That way, you as the main host are being introduced, rather than doing the introduction. Thats just extra though - fan fair for the sake of fan fair. But I like that stuff at least - it kinda plugs me in for the ride. Its kinda similar to how I like Michelle and Kyles sign off "Byeee." It builds atmosphere. Just thoughts, lol. 

Having guests will be awesome! Creates buzz through their own networks and with algorithms. And you get to name drop them forever. I'd be interested in hearing from music critics, people who curate soundtracks, techno-philosophers (on how we consume audio in todays world - pros and cons), but Im sure that big names would be better for your numbers. A Detroit area record store owner and Meltdown would be awesome, imo!

Is there like a motown museum or something that you could get the director of to come on? Or maybe a local prof who studies Motown? The children of any motown legends? A music pod from Detroit... mine that well!! :headbang:Pack up some of moms spaghetti and do a segment on location from 8 Mile Rd? Just no Kid rock... ever, lol.

Ooo, that's a GREAT suggestion about the intro!! Very easy for me to do as well. I won't be able to do it tomorrow before we record the next episode, but I can certainly get to it prior to recording the following main episode. 

We actually have our first guest coming on tomorrow episode which will be out on Monday. It's a Canadian artist named Oceanship, so that'll be cool. 

Great suggestions on locals to have on who may have a national or world wide appeal. Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wait......I need to clarify something, Achy Breaky Heart is NOT Garth Brooks. That's an early hit by Billy Ray Cryus. 

If you do check out Garth, I *highly* recommend his third album Ropin' The Wind as the place to start. I think every song on it is top notch from front to back. 

Totally agree about Zeppelin IV btw. People forget how good the album is because it's always been there. I do honestly like III better, but IV is absolutely fantastic. 

As far as Crowes / Page goes, I absolutely love it. I got to see that tour and they were on fire. The live album sounds amazing and the version of Nobody's Fault But Mine on there is my favorite version ever. 

Billy Ray seems like a good guy but I seriously almost got physically ill from that song. Covid 19 is nothing compared to the dreaded Cyrus virus.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Billy Ray seems like a good guy but I seriously almost got physically ill from that song. Covid 19 is nothing compared to the dreaded Cyrus virus.

Yeah, it certainly wasn't my cup of tea. It was EVERYWHERE when it came out. I remember liking the title cut from that album though. It was called Some Gave All. It's been decades since I heard it though, so it might be shit haha. 

• Like 1

On May 4, 2020 at 6:50 AM, RussTCB said:

Episode 16 is out, and it features an interview with a Canadian artist named Oceanship. 

He doesn't hold back on his opinions about artists rights, that's for sure. It's out now on all the usual platforms and here's the Spotify link

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0PHx5wQJw5xAhHLtTJmBrF?si=GOnB5gjpQTql7KcV_YbLTg

Episode 16 needs to go viral! This needs to be heard by every music listener!

Amazing episode! Great job!

Just like you commented at the end, Russ, I had to listen twice because your guest was so informative and thought provoking. It warrant another listen to soak up more of what he's saying. Im gonna listen a third time with my morning coffee, now.

Just back on May 1 in this thread I mused that Id love to hear an interview with a techno-philosopher - and here he is, in artist form!!!! I love it!

Im with him on everything and he says it all so well. Artists United is a way forward for artists and fans alike. Proud Canuck here :headbang:

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, soon said:

Episode 16 needs to go viral! This needs to be heard by every music listener!

Amazing episode! Great job!

Just like you commented at the end, Russ, I had to listen twice because your guest was so informative and thought provoking. It warrant another listen to soak up more of what he's saying. Im gonna listen a third time with my morning coffee, now.

Just back on May 1 in this thread I mused that Id love to hear an interview with a techno-philosopher - and here he is, in artist form!!!! I love it!

Im with him on everything and he says it all so well. Artists United is a way forward for artists and fans alike. Proud Canuck here :headbang:

Thank you! Trust me when I tell you I've done everything I can to promote the episode on social media lol. I would love to see this episode get a ton of exposure. 

It will pretty much take the audience sharing it around social media for it to make a dent. We're still very much in the "building our audience" phase currently though, so it's a slow process. 

• GNFNR 1

59 minutes ago, soon said:

Ugh, I can't even #TellMichelleWhatToDo without loosing my religion! :lol: 

Both Dark Side and Black are infinitely better than she said <_< Like... are they pranking you, maybe?? :lol:

All I can say is "I know". I feel like I went to bat the absolute best I could for Dark Side at least. 

28 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Listening to this episode 

arthur.jpg

Hahaha, I figured as much for this one. 

• GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

All I can say is "I know". I feel like I went to bat the absolute best I could for Dark Side at least. 

You made so many great points - including pointing out that she was objectively incorrect about some observations, lol.

‘2 lines of lyrics and then “ooh, ooh, aww, aww’”she says tho!

I thought that even the points you made about The Black Album ought to have earned it a higher score! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, soon said:

You made so many great points - including pointing out that she was objectively incorrect about some observations, lol.

‘2 lines of lyrics and then “ooh, ooh, aww, aww’”she says tho!

I thought that even the points you made about The Black Album ought to have earned it a higher score! 

All I can say is.....I know lol, but that's the wonder of Michelle haha!

• Haha 1

Bye, we're recording Episode 17 tomorrow and I'll be trying out the new intro you suggested @soon

Another cool thing is that we have some cool promotion coming on Sunday by way of a YouTube channel that has a lot of followers. 

I'll post the video here once they put it up. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 5/4/2020 at 5:50 AM, RussTCB said:

Episode 16 is out, and it features an interview with a Canadian artist named Oceanship. 

He doesn't hold back on his opinions about artists rights, that's for sure. It's out now on all the usual platforms and here's the Spotify link

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0PHx5wQJw5xAhHLtTJmBrF?si=GOnB5gjpQTql7KcV_YbLTg

Great episode.  Oceanship made some fantastic points which I totally agree with being a musician myself.  But having said that I'm sort of naive about the entire streaming platform. There are so many and the process can be really confusing, like what is ethical and what's not. Back to the show, having a guest brings an entirely new dimension to the show. And to pick on Michelle, she lives in Detroit and has never been to Hitsville?😄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Great episode.  Oceanship made some fantastic points which I totally agree with being a musician myself.  But having said that I'm sort of naive about the entire streaming platform. There are so many and the process can be really confusing, like what is ethical and what's not. Back to the show, having a guest brings an entirely new dimension to the show. And to pick on Michelle, she lives in Detroit and has never been to Hitsville?😄

I agree with that about his points. I learned a lot listening to him. It's obvious that streaming is the future, so I'm very interested in getting that system fixed so artists are properly compensated. I was kinda surprised that he (Oceanship) didn't really seem interested in that aspect. Seems he's just hoping for streaming to not be a thing lol. 

As we book more guests, I'm thinking future guest spots will be a little more fluid and conversational as well. It was an odd episode for me to host considering that I had my two Co hosts were not in the same room, then the guest was somewhere other than all of us haha. I think we did a decent job overall though and like I said, the goal is for it to get smoother. 

As far as Hitsville, yeah, it's crazy that she's never been. What's more surprising to me is that I've been there at least 5 times, maybe more and she somehow wasn't there. She and I are damn near attached at the hip, so I have no idea how I ended up there so many times without her! Lol. 

As soon as they re open, I plan to ensure that she goes. Maybe we'll do a Motown special episode the week after she goes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I cant even tell you how excited I've been about the new intro!! I am pumped!! :headbang:

Don't get too excited lol. Your idea is great, my execution of it may not be haha. You'll find out when the episode is released next week! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Channel 33rpm on YouTube featured my vinyl setup and was nice enough to give the podcast a shout out. My set up begins around the 2:26 mark 

In addition to the news above, Episode 17 is out now. It's the first of a two parter we're doing about live albums. 

https://linktr.ee/Infectiousgroovepodcast

On May 9, 2020 at 5:59 PM, RussTCB said:

Don't get too excited lol. Your idea is great, my execution of it may not be haha. You'll find out when the episode is released next week! 

You are a wizard! Sounds awesome! :headbang: Im all giddy now, lol. Very cool. I love the ultra serious voice saying "Jammy-jams" too, haha

About to listen to the episode... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

You are a wizard! Sounds awesome! :headbang: Im all giddy now, lol. Very cool. I love the ultra serious voice saying "Jammy-jams" too, haha

About to listen to the episode... 

Right on. Thanks again for the idea. Let me know what you think of this one! 

On May 11, 2020 at 1:33 PM, RussTCB said:

Right on. Thanks again for the idea. Let me know what you think of this one! 

Loved this episode! I listened to the intro more than once, lol. Its great!

Of course Michelle thought Little Richard had already passed, lol. And that story about your buddy being out of frame for that concert recording :lol:

I think that all three of you are really just hitting new levels, consistently, each week with your hosting and interaction - I'd swear you were trained broadcasters now. Makes it really easy and fun to settle into the episode. And one gets to look forward to visiting your world next episode.

On May 10, 2020 at 3:20 PM, RussTCB said:

Channel 33rpm on YouTube featured my vinyl setup and was nice enough to give the podcast a shout out. My set up begins around the 2:26 mark 

Too cool! Im glad to be turned on to this channel, in addition to your feature and the shout out being rad. 

Not that its a competition, but your place is so epic... yeah, no comparison, lol :headbang: I just rearranged some of my music appreciation areas of my home and got excited to take pics after watching this. But it really just aint the same. One day Ill get a better rig and larger record collection. Very cool you were featured!

• Thanks 1