Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

36 minutes ago, soon said:

Loved this episode! I listened to the intro more than once, lol. Its great!

Of course Michelle thought Little Richard had already passed, lol. And that story about your buddy being out of frame for that concert recording :lol:

I think that all three of you are really just hitting new levels, consistently, each week with your hosting and interaction - I'd swear you were trained broadcasters now. Makes it really easy and fun to settle into the episode. And one gets to look forward to visiting your world next episode.

Too cool! Im glad to be turned on to this channel, in addition to your feature and the shout out being rad. 

Not that its a competition, but your place is so epic... yeah, no comparison, lol :headbang: I just rearranged some of my music appreciation areas of my home and got excited to take pics after watching this. But it really just aint the same. One day Ill get a better rig and larger record collection. Very cool you were featured!

As far as the show goes, thank you! I was just telling a friend last night that I think the difference in quality between Episode 1 and Episode 17 is enormous, so I'm very glad to have that thought validated by someone else haha. 

Regarding the music room, like you said it's important to remember that it's not a competition. Additionally, it's taken me 10 years to get the room the way it is. And that's just the time we've lived here. I had decades prior to that of living with other people, living in houses too small to do anything, or living in apartments. 

It's all about what you can do, when you can do it and if it makes you happy to do it. Over the past 10 years, it was finally the right place and right time for me. When we first moved in, I literally had one small record bin that was maybe 3ft wide. The walls were bare and I had a tiny stereo system. I've been improving every aspect of it when I could and now we're hear. 

One awesome thing about Frank's channel is that he NEVER looks down on anyone. Doesn't matter what turntable you have, what speakers you have or how big your collection is. He just wants you to be enjoying music. I feel the same way, so that's why I love his channel so much and why I was so excited to be featured on it :)

• GNFNR 1

On 5/10/2020 at 2:20 PM, RussTCB said:

Channel 33rpm on YouTube featured my vinyl setup and was nice enough to give the podcast a shout out. My set up begins around the 2:26 mark 

The dividers for the albums is fucking professional and legit nice. Well done on your wife. How did she make those? And music was played at your wedding?

13 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The dividers for the albums is fucking professional and legit nice. Well done on your wife. How did she make those? And music was played at your wedding?

She has some crafting machine called a CriCut. It's the type of thing most women use to sell things on etsy. Like put dumb shit on coffee mugs like "Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee", etc. 

I was talking about making dividers with band logos myself by hand and she was like "if you just send me the logos you want, I can make them with my CriCut". I was like "fucking what??" haha. 

So yeah, I sent her logos for some of my favorite bands. For bands with multiple logos, I just went with my favorite. Like for Motley Crue, I've always loved the Theater Of Pain font, so I had her use that. For Journey, I always loved the Frontiers font, so I had her use that. So on and so on. 

As far as our wedding, it was a REALLY low key affair. Like it was just us, our two witnesses and her parents (mine have both passed) so we didn't do a big reception or anything. In short, ironically, we didn't have any music at our wedding. 

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

She has some crafting machine called a CriCut. It's the type of thing most women use to sell things on etsy. Like put dumb shit on coffee mugs like "Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee", etc. 

I was talking about making dividers with band logos myself by hand and she was like "if you just send me the logos you want, I can make them with my CriCut". I was like "fucking what??" haha. 

So yeah, I sent her logos for some of my favorite bands. For bands with multiple logos, I just went with my favorite. Like for Motley Crue, I've always loved the Theater Of Pain font, so I had her use that. For Journey, I always loved the Frontiers font, so I had her use that. So on and so on. 

As far as our wedding, it was a REALLY low key affair. Like it was just us, our two witnesses and her parents (mine have both passed) so we didn't do a big reception or anything. In short, ironically, we didn't have any music at our wedding. 

Thanks for the education. It looks really cool. 

• Like 1

Double Live pt2 was dope!

Russ, Im with you about For Whom the Bell Tolls. It was the Woodstock 94 album that did me in. Now whenever I hear any version of it I have to say a guttural, Hetfeildian "Hit me with it!" or "What is it man?!" before the line "For Whom the bell tolls!" Followed sometimes by an "Abso-fucking-lootley!" :headbang::lol:

Similar with Ozzy from Live and Loud with his "Show me your fucking cigarette lighters." Except no one I know would get the reference and one time I entered a room and did my best Ozzy only to have someone actually provide me with a lighter, by tossing it to me because they thought that was my request... yeah, it hit me in the face :lol:

Grateful Dead is my answer to all the questions! haha

#HappyBirthdayMichelle 

12 hours ago, soon said:

Double Live pt2 was dope!

Russ, Im with you about For Whom the Bell Tolls. It was the Woodstock 94 album that did me in. Now whenever I hear any version of it I have to say a guttural, Hetfeildian "Hit me with it!" or "What is it man?!" before the line "For Whom the bell tolls!" Followed sometimes by an "Abso-fucking-lootley!" :headbang::lol:

Similar with Ozzy from Live and Loud with his "Show me your fucking cigarette lighters." Except no one I know would get the reference and one time I entered a room and did my best Ozzy only to have someone actually provide me with a lighter, by tossing it to me because they thought that was my request... yeah, it hit me in the face :lol:

Grateful Dead is my answer to all the questions! haha

#HappyBirthdayMichelle 

Oh man, I didn't even scratch the surface with stuff I say from live albums haha. Let me see, here's some off the top of my head:

"Every time we do THIS one, the place lights up just like a damn Christmas tree!" 

-KISS, Alive III

"This is an Otis Redding number that we do called 'Harrrrrrrrd To Handle' now" 

-The Black Crowes, Sho' Nuff Live

"For the Reverend Martin Luther King.....SING" 

-U2, Rattle And Hum

"This is a song Charles Manson stole from The Beatles, we're stealing it back" 

-U2, Rattle And Hum

"This is for all the weak people in the audience. Is there anyone here who's weak? Good, this is for you it's called 'Run Like Hell'" 

-Pink Floyd, Is There Anybody Out There-The Wall Live

"We're gonna do........PARANOOOOOIIIIIIIID!" 

-Ozzy Osbourne, Randy Rhoads Tribute

"This song's off our first record, most people don't own it"

-Nirvana, Unplugged In New York

"Oh shit, it's 5150 time!" 

Van Halen, Live: Right Here, Right Now

That's just stuff I can think of off the top of my head that I say whenever I hear the studio versions of stuff play on the radio or on someone's playlist. 

People are usually like "Huh?" and I'll just say "nevermind, it's from a live album" haha. 

If you couldn't tell, I REALLY love live albums. I was very happy to take both Kyle & Michelle from people who said they don't really like live albums to "Oh wait, live albums rule" by the end of the episode haha.

We're doing Garage Rock next and I'm not sure what's after that, but I'm sure it'll be fun! 

• GNFNR 1

Episode 19 is out! We had a really good discussion about Garage Rock and included an interview with a great new band from Israel called The Dodies. Bumblefoot produced their debut album :)

Here's the link to Spotify and Apple, then the link below leads to the show everywhere else:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1CbIY0yNYWpjIdVxgrVtZ1

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/its-supposed-to-sound-like-this-w-the-dodies/id1497445845?i=1000475675547

https://linktr.ee/Infectiousgroovepodcast

ALSO! Starting today, you can search "Infectious Groove Podcast Companion Songs" on Spotify and subscribe to our playlist that will feature songs from the episodes every week :)

Listened to the tourney....

who the fuck is Dartmouth Kennedy?!?! :angry:

I’m convinced they are pranking you!! :lol:

I have this image in mind of Kyle raging out to Slipknot and Eminem, fixing to punch a hole in the wall, and then suddenly Petsounds comes on with its happy vibes and just confuses the fuck outta him. Just like “who would even make upbeat music? Makes no sense.” :lol: J/k

Kyle and Michelle, man. Those two are peas in a pod! The tourney is quickly becoming a celebration of the beauty when two very unique people find one another in this crazy world. :lol:

Looking forward to catching up on Mondays ep too!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, soon said:

Listened to the tourney....

who the fuck is Dartmouth Kennedy?!?! :angry:

I’m convinced they are pranking you!! :lol:

I have this image in mind of Kyle raging out to Slipknot and Eminem, fixing to punch a hole in the wall, and then suddenly Petsounds comes on with its happy vibes and just confuses the fuck outta him. Just like “who would even make upbeat music? Makes no sense.” :lol: J/k

Kyle and Michelle, man. Those two are peas in a pod! The tourney is quickly becoming a celebration of the beauty when two very unique people find one another in this crazy world. :lol:

Looking forward to catching up on Mondays ep too!!

This tournament has been.......something else. Needless to say, that Pet Sounds episode got quite a reaction. 

I said all I have to say during the episode: I think they're both insane haha. Pet Sounds isn't even an upbeat album by any stretch of the imagination!!! But I digress haha. 

As for last Mondays episode, it was fun. Garage Rock is a weak point for me, so it was cool to learn more about it. On top of that, it was awesome to speak to a breaking band from 6000 miles away who's so heavily influenced by sounds that started in the US. 

We've got a really packed schedule tonight, tomorrow and Saturday but it'll all result in more great episodes coming out tomorrow through next Monday. 

• GNFNR 1

Just a heads up; we had a great episode ready to go for tomorrow morning but we have decided to join the #PodcastBlackout movement this week instead.

We are releasing a non sponsored, 2 minute message tomorrow morning instead. Please listen if you can spare 2 minutes. 

The regular episode we planned to share tomorrow will be released next Monday instead.

Thanks for understanding :)

• Like 1

New episode is out! We covered songs that effect your mood and we also had a fun interview Zac Malloy, lead singer of The Nixons:

Apple Podcasts:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/sweet-emotion-w-the-nixons/id1497445845?i=1000477155579 

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/52nRtApaekcNdv3Ku7GhEM 

Anchor:
https://anchor.fm/infectiousgroovepodcast/episodes/Sweet-Emotion-w-The-Nixons-eeqgak/a-a2bk99c  

and here's a link that covers pretty much every other outlet:

On 6/9/2020 at 10:05 AM, RussTCB said:

Getting some good reaction to this one. It seems our interviews are getting smoother lol

Just finished listening to the first half, gonna finish it later. Man, I didn't know that Bob Kulick had died, damn. And you guys nailed it with the Sarah Mclachlan song Angel, so sad.  You mentioned a Live song that made you mad but they also had a really sad song, Lightning Crashes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Just finished listening to the first half, gonna finish it later. Man, I didn't know that Bob Kulick had died, damn. And you guys nailed it with the Sarah Mclachlan song Angel, so sad.  You mentioned a Live song that made you mad but they also had a really sad song, Lightning Crashes.

Thanks for listening! Live has a lot of songs I love. I think The Dolphins Cry is my favorite, but Lightning Crashes is a great one of course. 

• Like 1

New episode is out. We talked about music videos but the focal point for me is an interview I did with a new band called Royal. We had their lead singer on and his story is amazing. Here's some links to places to check it out:

Apple Podcasts:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/all-about-the-visuals-baby-w-royal/id1497445845?i=1000477995541  

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5QDB6OmkcFZ7NLmY1MZ79p  

All other podcast outlets:

Im getting behind! It feels like Im way behind but I think its now 2 episodes and 1 tourney. And I assure you, if I ever listen to anything other than the grateful dead ever again, your pod will be first up! :headbang:hehe

Two new interviews, thats huge! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Im getting behind! It feels like Im way behind but I think its now 2 episodes and 1 tourney. And I assure you, if I ever listen to anything other than the grateful dead ever again, your pod will be first up! :headbang:hehe

Two new interviews, thats huge! 

Both interviews were a lot of fun too! The lead singer of The Nixons was a very cool guy and the lead singer of Royal really does have an amazing story. 

• Like 1