Joey Kramer sues Aerosmith

SAU3R

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yikes... don’t they have dates for their Vegas residency to do still?

Yes they're scheduled to play the Grammys this weekend, then they play some Vegas dates and then Europe in summer

Plus it's their 50th anniversary this year, so the timing couldn't have been much worse 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Yes they're scheduled to play the Grammys this weekend, then they play some Vegas dates and then Europe in summer

Plus it's their 50th anniversary this year, so the timing couldn't have been much worse 

Yeah I’m really confused. Apparently Joey did have to sit out some dates last fall, I’m reading, and they had a substitute for those shows, but I can’t find any info on who that substitute drummer even was.

Are there any Aerosmith experts on here who can shed some light please?

• Like 1

That's such garbage. Old rich people fighting is lame. Just shut the fuck up, smile for the camera, and collect your paycheck. Its not like any of these old bags are making art in the studio anymore. Just play your hits and go back to your limos, assholes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

That's such garbage. Old rich people fighting is lame. Just shut the fuck up, smile for the camera, and collect your paycheck. Its not like any of these old bags are making art in the studio anymore. Just play your hits and go back to your limos, assholes

That's kind of the issue here, Kramer can't collect his paycheck. 

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Nothing new... as people they have never really seemed to get along even from the beginning. It's impressive that they have been together for so long.

Yes. And given the fact that they are one of the rare bands that still has all original members, expect U2, I can't recall any other band, it's even more sad.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I’m really confused. Apparently Joey did have to sit out some dates last fall, I’m reading, and they had a substitute for those shows, but I can’t find any info on who that substitute drummer even was.

Are there any Aerosmith experts on here who can shed some light please?

His drum tech subbed for him and Joey actually paid him. He had to sit out for some injury and never was let back in.

15 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Apparently that is not the issue. He is collecting the paychecks. He is paying for the substitute drummer. But Joey wants to get back to his daytime job. He is not ready to retire yet.

Edited by PatrickS77

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

His drum tech subbed for him and Joey actually paid him. He had to sit out for some injury and never was let back in.

Apparently that is not the issue. He is collecting the paychecks. He is paying for the substitute drummer. But Joey wants to get back to his daytime job. He is not ready to retire yet.

Thanks for the info. Now I know the name of the guy who has been subbing for him: John Douglas. Looks like he has been buddies with Aerosmith long before he started subbing for Joey on stage last year too. From what I’ve gathered, he has painted personal portraits for Steven Tyler himself, among other things. Wouldn’t surprise me if the band continues to just use him for Grammys, remaining Vegas shows, euro tour, etc.

So does anyone know when Joey’s last show with the band was, exactly?

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thanks for the info. Now I know the name of the guy who has been subbing for him: John Douglas. Looks like he has been buddies with Aerosmith long before he started subbing for Joey on stage last year too. From what I’ve gathered, he has painted personal portraits for Steven Tyler himself, among other things. Wouldn’t surprise me if the band continues to just use him for Grammys, remaining Vegas shows, euro tour, etc.

So does anyone know when Joey’s last show with the band was, exactly?

April 2019. The beginning of the residency.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wow, so he is getting paid and he's paying his tech out of his own pocket.  Very strange. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Dont their main mansion. Summer home and other properties.

3 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I think he can live those at stage.  They all can.This an ego and pride thing.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. And given the fact that they are one of the rare bands that still all original members, expect U2, I can't recall any other band, it's even more sad.

Very true. 

Edited by Amaya

How old are these children?  Whats that you say. 69, 70, 71. THIS is sad.  Old azz rich men in the twlight of the years acting like 6 year olds.  What is the real story? Disability, an injury. Ok All these years, drumming, etc. and at his age he could have had something. Sime type of surgery, arthritis.  Ok, he needs to retire perhaps. Ok. Use the drum tech.. Joey has not had time to rehearse the songs he has been playing  for 40 -45 years, lol.  Ok. So just have the drum tech play and have Joey shake the tambourine.  Have Joey just  play Dream On. He has only played it over 1000times.  Nah, this is a power struggle.  It is sad. 

My brother read that when him went back to the band they asked him to play and he couldn't do it. Not sure if this is true or not?

I mean haven't all the members have something wrong with them from time to time. The guys are in their 70's. Your bodies don't hold up well at their age. All the shit they did when they were younger, gets you when you're older.

Who is the drummer now?

Honestly, never liked Aerosmith and still don't like them

Of all the rock bands out there to appear on the Grammys this is who they pick? Come on!

BTW, heard an ex Grammy person talking about how some of the grammys awards are fixed. lol Maybe Kanya was right!