Joey Kramer sues Aerosmith

SAU3R

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I guess since Joey can't play anymore, the band felt it was best to let him go. I mean if you see Aerosmith and they sound like shit it would suck for every fan.

But these guys have been together for a long time and through drugs and cancer too. Guess Joey isn't the drummer he used to be. Sucks all around.

I know the judge voted in the band's favor, but at least Joey will still get royalties from the albums he's on.

Peter Criss wasn't a good drummer at all. Also his drug abuse was a nono for KISS.

Same with Steven. We all know he can't play anymore and his drug abuse was so bad.

As for Matt, he and Axl never got along, so that's why he was out. By then, Axl had fired Slash and Izzy left and so did Duff, so why should Matt stay?

Adler still sounds good from what I have heard, and I could quite easily turn that around and say, ''Axl Rose isn't a good singer anymore''. Hasn't Keith Richards been iffy since his fall from the coconut tree? You are reducing bands to a base cold auditioning process, when they're so much more than that.

• Like 2

The Judge’s court decision can be found here https://www.scribd.com/document/443943778/Kramer-v-Vidaloo-Decision-2083cv52?fbclid=IwAR0Z_qs-fRAwTy3pkTl00kLNTglm_iZ8KVstifFe5_eqMUzv15ZIl4tzaQk

As a die hard Aerosmith fan, this is a fantastic read on many levels. Mainly, it’s interesting to see how a band (Aerosmith) is a corporation and each band member is a shareholder (5 total) and each shareholder has equal voting rights. Each band member is also an employee. 

The band voted 4-1 against Joey (Joey voted for himself, unsurprisingly). The other members come off reasonable here. 

I’d love to see the agreements that govern GNR, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Axl is the sole shareholder and it’s one vote rules  

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, nycgunner said:

The Judge’s court decision can found here https://www.scribd.com/document/443943778/Kramer-v-Vidaloo-Decision-2083cv52?fbclid=IwAR0Z_qs-fRAwTy3pkTl00kLNTglm_iZ8KVstifFe5_eqMUzv15ZIl4tzaQk

As a die hard Aerosmith fan, this is a fantastic read on many levels. Mainly, it’s interesting to see how a band (Aerosmith) is a corporation and each band member is a shareholder (5 total) and each shareholder has equal voting rights. Each band member is also an employee. 

The band voted 4-1 against Joey (Joey voted for himself, unsurprisingly). The other members come off reasonable here. 

I’d love to see the agreements that govern GNR, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Axl is the sole shareholder and it’s one vote rules  

Pretty sure Slash and Duff have always remained business partners in the “Guns N’ Roses entity,” despite Axl being the supposed sole owner of the name. There’s a reason the classic imagery couldn’t be used on any promo or merch during the years that Slash was gone, and there’s a reason Axl needed Slash to sign off on the release of the Vegas DVD (tho that may just have to do with Slash being a credited songwriter on most of the songs, idk).

Edited by rocknroll41

Aerosmith's reply:

Joey Kramer is our brother; his wellbeing is of paramount importance to us. However he has not been emotionally and physically able to perform with the band, by his own admission, for the last 6 months. We have missed him and have encouraged him to rejoin us to play many times but apparently he has not felt ready to do so.

Joey has now waited until the last moment to accept our invitation, when we unfortunately have no time for necessary rehearsals during Grammys week. We would be doing a disservice to him, to ourselves and to our fans to have him play without adequate time to prepare and rehearse. Compounding this, he chose to file a lawsuit on the Friday night of the holiday weekend preceding the Grammys with total disregard for what is our limited window to prepare to perform these important events. Given his decisions he is unfortunately unable to perform but of course we have invited him to be with us for both the Grammys and our MusiCares honor. We are bonded together by much more than our time on stage.

---------------------------------------------------------

So basically, they do not want him back... yet, because he did not rehearse enough for the Grammys, and they do not want their performance to suffer. If only GN'R would do this to Axl. lol

------------------

• Like 1

Just finding out about this now. It's a bit heartbreaking.

I love Aerosmith and they always seemed like reasonable people. Maybe a bit off sometimes, but still with a good heart. But as somebody already pointed out, I never had the feeling they were "best buddies". Hell, I believe Axl and Slash are better friends in 2020 than all the members of Aerosmith ever were.

Seems that, even if the band have a valid point about fitness, they have acted very cold and ruthless. It is hard to not sympathise more with Kramer here. When a band reaches this level of cuntiness, it is probably best to just hang it up. That final touring without Bill Ward was an undignified way for Sabbath's innings to end. Same with that wanker in Criss's make-up. Just end it boys. 

On 25/01/2020 at 6:26 AM, nycgunner said:

The Judge’s court decision can be found here https://www.scribd.com/document/443943778/Kramer-v-Vidaloo-Decision-2083cv52?fbclid=IwAR0Z_qs-fRAwTy3pkTl00kLNTglm_iZ8KVstifFe5_eqMUzv15ZIl4tzaQk

That was interesting to find out. Happy 50th anniversary 

Remember - they do it all for the fans. 

all of this makes me more and more cynical about music.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that rock musicians aren't better friends to each other that you and me, possibly even worse. it's an utopia to look at rock bands to look for inspiration on how to treat other people, on how to stand in life. Come to think of it, rock musicians are the worst examples here. How many of them lead a stable, healthy life? Now while in their case that does not matter very much since people on hear the music, for us common people it's all we have. I used to have posters of rock artists on my wall, as an example. What was I thinking? nothing but a bunch of losers, pedophiles, gold diggers, ego's and attitudes.

8 minutes ago, action said:

I'm increasingly of the opinion that rock musicians aren't better friends to each other that you and me, possibly even worse. it's an utopia to look at rock bands to look for inspiration on how to treat other people, on how to stand in life. Come to think of it, rock musicians are the worst examples here. How many of them lead a stable, healthy life? Now while in their case that does not matter very much since people on hear the music, for us common people it's all we have. I used to have posters of rock artists on my wall, as an example. What was I thinking? nothing but a bunch of losers, pedophiles, gold diggers, ego's and attitudes.

I think maybe you were just very naive then. Just look at the Beatles and the Stones. They were never known to be a bunch of friends. 

I had posters of gnr because I admired them for their music, looks and because they were badass. I never really saw them as examples to anything in my life.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

That performance was a trainwreck. Perry seems to be generally confused these days and singing and rapping at the same time sounded horrible.

Could have been great, wasn't.

Yeah, it was a total bummer of a performance. 

14 hours ago, action said:

Hahaha... why would you look at rock bands for inspiration on how to treat people in the first place? You crack me up! This reminds me of people who hate GnR because they don't like Axl. Who cares if a musician is a good or bad person, or nice or an asshole. You don't have to like them to appreciate the art.

8 hours ago, EvanG said:

Hahaha... why would you look at rock bands for inspiration on how to treat people in the first place? You crack me up! This reminds me of people who hate GnR because they don't like Axl. Who cares if a musician is a good or bad person, or nice or an asshole. You don't have to like them to appreciate the art.

I guess in your world, nobody looks at rock artists for inspiration.

oh, wait, is that a "I didn't say that!", I see incoming?