lukepowell1988

R.I.P Kobe Bryant

RIP black mamba. And his daughter too, that will gut you right there. Sad af.

Wasn't a fan of his personality but my goodness he could ball. And cold blooded, he was Jordan/Bird clutch. Time running out with the game on the line, Kobe ain't scared.

RIP Kobe.  Totally shocked from the news today.  I am a huge Lakers fan.  Always have been.  Here's to Kobe, and the other half of the most dominate duo in NBA -

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

My knowledge of American sports can be fitted onto a postage stamp yet even I have heard of him - I think he was chums with the Beckhams? Sad and early exit, and it reinforces my belief that helicopters are dodgy (nb., that Thai Leicester City owner).

He was literally the face of NBA for like 10 years. All time he's like around top 10-15 but the mark he left was easily top 3. Literally the biggest star after Jordan

It's so strange

Edited by Nicklord

Im more forgiving than others but i believe she was going to say Knicks and then switched to Lakers mid word, producing a very unfortunate sounding word :lol: 

2 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Im more forgiving than others but i believe she was going to say Knicks and then switched to Lakers mid word, producing a very unfortunate sounding word :lol: 

Ni-lakers, ni-laggers, n!ggers, yeah, I could see how that might work :lol:

Jesus there is a pause before she says hooray for tolerance!s so blatently on her mind trying to block it out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Ni-lakers, ni-laggers, n!ggers, yeah, I could see how that might work :lol:

She basically said Knick-ers but it sounded pretty bad. :lol: 

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not only did hey show the wrong player but said his career was cut short by injuries which isn't true :lol:

I'm guessing they are referring to his Achilles injury in the latter part of his career but he was already in his mid 30's and played for 17 years prior to that (and played after).

52 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Shooray for tolerance!s.

Just read a story about his marriage. the team wives loved to tell his wife about his affairs week per week, just to hurt her from time to time, because nobody liked her. Ouch.

21 hours ago, Dazey said:

She was bangin' this in the car on the way to work:

:lol:

7 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i love kobe more than anybody as a person but he sure as hell raped that girl and nobody ever thinks or points that out 

The Washington Post even suspended a journalist (Felicia Sonmez) for bringing it up after his passing. Ridiculous.

6 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

The Washington Post even suspended a journalist (Felicia Sonmez) for bringing it up after his passing. Ridiculous.

ridiculous i read that article and the guy got so big as a star he was allowed to walk just like CR7 and everybody like 99% of the public sweep it under the rug 

This talk with Shaq and others from the Lakers was weird, too. I would never talk a cry publicly about a death of someone who just passed away...its like making a show out of a tragedy.

2 hours ago, Creed said:

This talk with Shaq and others from the Lakers was weird, too. I would never talk a cry publicly about a death of someone who just passed away...its like making a show out of a tragedy.

Odd take. Crying is a human emotion that can happen lol. 

2 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Odd take. Crying is a human emotion that can happen lol. 

They all were friends of Kobe's. How could you not cry with such a horrible tragedy and losing his child too. Jimmy Fallon cried too while telling a sweet story about him and kobe when they were younger. I don't think anyone crying who was his friend was faking it.

Sometimes people laugh too. It's all your emotions coming out when you lose someone you loved. 

I'm just glad that no reporters have gotten to his family because they don't need cameras in their faces with them asking stupid questions about Kobe and his daughter. I know people want news, but sometimes reporters go too damn far.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:04 PM, -W.A.R- said:

Not only ridiculous but plain atrocious.

It seems anybody who dares to mention the case now becomes the target of a massive hate campaign. Snoop Dogg publicly threatened CBS News anchor Gayle King for bringing it up and she's been receiving death threats too.

33 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Not only ridiculous but plain atrocious.

It seems anybody who dares to mention the case now becomes the target of a massive hate campaign. Snoop Dogg publicly threatened CBS News anchor Gayle King for bringing it up and she's been receiving death threats too.

Yeah its been sad to see the deranged unhinged response to anyone who brings it up. A pure cesspool of ignorance with no reasoning whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just watched the celebration of life from earlier today really courageous of Vanessa Bryant to get up and speak about not only her husband but daughter as well .Amazing that she was able to keep it together I don’t know how she did it .Just a tragic situation all around that being said today’s celebration of life was beautifully done Michael Jordan’s heart felt speech was authentic and moving 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gt72 said:

Just watched the celebration of life from earlier today really courageous of Vanessa Bryant to get up and speak about not only her husband but daughter as well .Amazing that she was able to keep it together I don’t know how she did it .Just a tragic situation all around that being said today’s celebration of life was beautifully done Michael Jordan’s heart felt speech was authentic and moving 

I only caught what they had on the news but it looked like it was beautifully done.  Very courageous of Vanessa.