Why there is no gnr song in Supernatural?

Zinia_29

I started watching Supernatural back in 2008, been a fan ever since. It's what got me into claasic rock in the first place. They featured many popular rock songs (be it acdc, rolling stone, lynard skynard), they named their episodes according to rock songs (stairway to heaven, all along the watchtower etc) and the main characters use rock star aliases all thr time (Once used Rose and Hudson in season 8).

So why there are not any gnr songs? I heard they couldnot afford Led Zep, is it the same case with gnr? The price too high?

Up until around 2014 or so, it was really hard for ANYONE to get Classic GnR songs licensed due to Axl still being butthurt at the time. Ridley Scott wanted to use WttJ for Black Hawk Down, and then Axl told his crew that they could only use a newly record version from the lineup at the time (Bucket and co.), and Ridley basically told him to go fuck himself, from what I recall reading.

Is that show still running? If so, I guess there’s always an opportunity to use their songs now. Idk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Up until around 2014 or so, it was really hard for ANYONE to get Classic GnR songs licensed due to Axl still being butthurt at the time. Ridley Scott wanted to use WttJ for Black Hawk Down, and then Axl told his crew that they could only use a newly record version from the lineup at the time (Bucket and co.), and Ridley basically told him to go fuck himself, from what I recall reading.

Is that show still running? If so, I guess there’s always an opportunity to use their songs now. 

Makes sense, really unfortunate though. And now they use wttj for both jumanji 2 & 3 :max:. The show is in it's last season, only 10 episodes left. Thanks for replying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

Makes sense, really unfortunate though. And now they use wttj for both jumanji 2 & 3 :max:. The show is in it's last season, only 10 episodes left. Thanks for replying.

Wait, WttJ was in Jumanji 3? Didn’t know that. Thought it was just in 2.

it could also be that GnR songs are too expensive for some shows to license, or some shit.

• Like 1