Glasgow show announced

1 minute ago, scottish nutter said:

Fuck paying £85 to watch micky mouse sing gnr songs, it would still be a bit much if axl turned up but i will pass on this i think lol

These are standard major artist ticket prices. If Fleetwood mac, AC/DC or whoever plays in Ireland you're looking at about 100 per ticket. I don't defend it, I personally think it should be capped! There is no reason to gouge your fans!

Edited by Tom2112

3 minutes ago, crd26 said:

Sincere apologies, I took this to mean dislike of the people as opposed to the prices. Sorry for jumping in, I’ll go back to lurking for the foreseeable.

Nah, no worries at all seriously! Come get involved a bit more. I didn't mean any offence of course! 

At £85, I predict the crowd will consist of a few rich Londoners and foreign travelling fans. Cannot see it selling out. Thing is, when you have chucked on the fees and ''hidden charges'', you are probably looking at a price closer to £100. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

At £85, I predict the crowd will consist of a few rich Londoners and foreign travelling fans. Cannot see it selling out. 

Guess some of euro2020 football fans will be there at a time. 4 games are scheduled in Glasgow between june 19 and 30... Flight and Accommodation prices could be brutal...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

At £85, I predict the crowd will consist of a few rich Londoners and foreign travelling fans. Cannot see it selling out. Thing is, when you have chucked on the fees and ''hidden charges'', you are probably looking at a price closer to £100. 

Just looked on ticket master, it’s £85.90 and that’s with all the charges too

44 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

How many people will be able to fit in Glasgow green ? Just wondering what availability will be like. I’m tempted to grab a ticket on public sale on Friday but I’ve read in here plenty of times just to hold off till prices go down. 

For the TRNSMT Festival it says 50,000. That's a couple of weeks after GNR. 

25 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

It will sell out. They haven't played in Scotland. 

Only other headline performance outside of London in the UK, will be fans from all over. Not to mention lots of big acts play in Glasgow to big crowds.

Unfortunately yes, it will be day light for the duration of the show.

13 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Ok thanks if it’s close to that then I’m just wondering if availability will be ok. I reckon it could be close to a sellout 

Not sure if they have the option for a bigger capacity as the Festival will have camping and more facilities. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

GN'R have finally rediscovered ''north of the Watford gap'' I see? Irrespective, I wouldn't pay those prices as they are diabolical. 

I’ve no problem paying those prices with new music. I paid over a grand for Vegas tickets for two nights but I’m not paying another penny for the same old show. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't pay a grand if Elvis was reincarnated. 

I've long had the prediction that at some point a corpse will go on tour. People now go and see holograms and say "oh, it's the next best thing, it was brilliant", so I feel the logical next step in an increasingly greedy and desperate industry obsessed with nostalgia and the past is to send a corpse out on tour, with a backing band playing their hits. 

I honestly think this will happen at some point. And people will pay a grand to see it. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've long had the prediction that at some point a corpse will go on tour. People now go and see holograms and say "oh, it's the next best thing, it was brilliant", so I feel the logical next step in an increasingly greedy and desperate industry obsessed with nostalgia and the past is to send a corpse out on tour, with a backing band playing their hits. 

I honestly think this will happen at some point. And people will pay a grand to see it. 

Reminds me of this,

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Made me think of the Body Worlds exhibition. Personally I'd find it pretty lame looking at a corpse on a stage all night though. But people are weird.