06/25/20 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green

2 minutes ago, Axlr0s37 said:

The only things putting me off going are the prices and the huge venue. After Donnington in 2018, I know I won't enjoy it being squashed and pushed around. Massive crowds are not my thing. 

I think the capacity is only 30k, is it not treble that for Download? you'll be grand mate. Even in general admission, it won't be crammed. I'm using TRNSMT as my reasoning for this belief. 

Edited by Dean

Yeah I spoke to the security and they said 100,000 daytrippers had turned up for GNR. That's with the people already there for the whole festival. The largest crowd they have ever had (allegedly). 

If tickets are still about closer to the time I might go. 

2 hours ago, Axlr0s37 said:

Yeah I spoke to the security and they said 100,000 daytrippers had turned up for GNR. 

Considering that the total capacity of Download is only 110,000 I’m gonna say that’s bullshit. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Considering that the total capacity of Download is only 110,000 I’m gonna say that’s bullshit. :lol: 

...and the fact neither weekend or day tickets sold out I would say confirms it! 

I heard that the GNR day actually sold pretty poorly, in relation to usual Saturday day ticket sales, but that could be bullshit too. The truth is probably somewhere in between- it sold about as well as any Saturday at Download does. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

...and the fact neither weekend or day tickets sold out I would say confirms it! 

I heard that the GNR day actually sold pretty poorly, in relation to usual Saturday day ticket sales, but that could be bullshit too. The truth is probably somewhere in between- it sold about as well as any Saturday at Download does. 

From my experience it was way more packed on that Saturday than usual. And indeed a lot busier than Friday and Sunday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gundog321 said:

Any idea when we can expect them to be hitting the stage, cant get hols from work meaning i wont arrive in Glasgow untill 5pm, out of premier inn  at gorbals by 6pm and walk to venue however long that takes

Gates open at 5, they'll hit the stage about 8 I'd say. You'll have plenty of time. I'll be working that day but I'll knock off early and get there in plenty time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gundog321 said:

Any idea when we can expect them to be hitting the stage, cant get hols from work meaning i wont arrive in Glasgow untill 5pm, out of premier inn  at gorbals by 6pm and walk to venue however long that takes

Probably 7.30 they'll have a 3.5 hour slot with a curfew of 11.

7pm if it's a half 10 curfew.

They might not play the full allocated time, but that's what they'll agree on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Gates open at 5, they'll hit the stage about 8 I'd say. You'll have plenty of time. I'll be working that day but I'll knock off early and get there in plenty time. 

Managed to get hols despite no availability so I will be picking up a couple of gold circle tix tonight, cant wait, arrive early and plenty time for dinner now without paying venue prices.

• GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, gundog321 said:

Managed to get hols despite no availability so I will be picking up a couple of gold circle tix tonight, cant wait, arrive early and plenty time for dinner now without paying venue prices.

Enjoy it when it comes mate. Hopefully they put on one helluva show.

• Like 1