Gn'R playing Wrigley Field (Chicago) July 27th

2 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Does anyone honestly think that new music will assist in them filling a stadium?

i think something else might be up. 

New music, if promoted properly would do the trick. 

What are thinking when you say something else? AFD lineup reunion or something along those lines? 

2 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Does anyone honestly think that new music will assist in them filling a stadium?

i think something else might be up. 

The only two plausible options I’ve seen are new music and a co-headline tour. Unless there is some other truly out of this world concept nobody has thought of. 

• Like 1

Just now, GNRfanJen said:

The only two plausible options I’ve seen are new music and a co-headline tour. Unless there is some other truly out of this world concept nobody has thought of. 

Three others too I'd say:

ridiculously cheap tickets (which ISN'T going to happen!) 

further heavy nostalgia push (AFD in full) 

original AFD lineup (very unlikely)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Cause it was botched by their shitty management?

True, they couldn't manage a gas station, but I'd be surprised if that bit was left out.  Looks like it'll be another solo stadium tour.

And I gotta say, if this is the "big announcement" they're prepping for Friday, then I'm going to be really fucking disappointed. 

Last year Wrigley has 2 nights of Dead & Company. That was it. 

It simply could just be they wanted more concert revenue this year and have a good price for bands to use the venue. I believe that Poison/Motley Crue tour is rolling through this summer as well. 

I think you’re also severely underrating GNR’s draw coupled with people wanting to see a show at Wrigley Field. This after a 3 yr break in that market.

It will sell fine regardless of new music behind it (which people who’d attend this show, don’t want to hear) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

True, they couldn't manage a gas station, but I'd be surprised if that bit was left out.  Looks like it'll be another solo stadium tour.

And I gotta say, if this is the "big announcement" they're prepping for Friday, then I'm going to be really fucking disappointed. 

Wasn’t the contest already pulled from the website?

and who said there is announcement coming Friday?

3 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Wasn’t the contest already pulled from the website?

and who said there is announcement coming Friday?

Last night Kobe Bryant came to me in a dream and told me there would be a major announcement on Friday, but I woke up before I could ask what it would be!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Even when Aerosmith did put out a record in 2012/13, they only ever played 1-2 songs from it in their live sets and swiftly dropped the songs from the setlists after a year or so.

That album received mixed reviews, so not surprised... but that's more of a knock on Aerosmiths lack of belief in the album they just made than anything else. If you go see Def Leppard tomorrow, you will still hear their most recent albums main single in the set, if you see metallica they will include 4 to 5 hardwired songs, if AC/DC tour a new record you get 2/3 new songs... if gnr come out with a record you will be looking 5/6 new songs in the set... and like them or not you gave to love how they'll play that material whether it's considered a hit or not.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, djones1225 said:

The only shocking thing I'm expecting Friday is if The Seeker isnt in the set.

I feel like in 2011 or 2012 Axl lost a bet, and now has to sing "The Seeker" in every GNR set until the end of time.  That's the only way I can rationalize it as a mainstay.

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Three others too I'd say:

ridiculously cheap tickets (which ISN'T going to happen!) 

further heavy nostalgia push (AFD in full) 

original AFD lineup (very unlikely)

For the nostalgia push, I would expect some more UYI songs rather than Appetite material since next year is 30 years of the albums. 

That show is only six months away, which is honestly a bit sooner than I was expecting a US tour to happen. Wonder why they’re holding off an announcing these shows officially. Maybe they’re announcing the tour with another special announcement this Friday. Fingers crossed lol fully expect another cash grab disappointing tour

• Like 1