Gn'R playing Wrigley Field (Chicago) July 27th

5 minutes ago, Draguns said:

You should see how many people are ticked off. Go to the Facebook page for the event. You'll see the angry comments. As you said, they made a token effort. They could have done a MUCH better job of how the tickets were distributed. My friend's wife was so looking forward to taking their daughter to the concert. She signed up for the Pearl Jam fan club and was entered into the lottery for tickets. Never got it. Her friend did the same thing. Got the presale code, but wasn't able to get the tickets. 

As a casual fan, I wanted to see them. I couldn't get tickets for the public sale due to 2,000+ people being in front of me.

Often times, there are complaints about the ticket prices on here.  I think this just puts a little perspective on things in regards to other bands or areas of the country.  With that being said, I do wish we can go back to the times when ticket prices were reasonable. 

There was the Pearl Jam fan club presale, the Ticketmaster Verified presale and then the general onsale. 

At the end of the day, if demand dramatically outweighs supply, people will be left disappointed.

The only solution I can think of is to make a limited quantity available for sale at the box office. Forcing people to camp out will separate those who truly want to go versus people who kinda want to go.

23 minutes ago, downzy said:

Maybe. 

It would depend on the quality of music. 

If the first single is a dud, it might actually make people want to stay at home. 

I know I missed the last few times U2 came to town because I had no interest in hearing subpar to mediocre new rock songs from a band past their prime.  

Pretty sure the show was still sold out. But I get where you're coming from.

11 minutes ago, Stryker said:

There was the Pearl Jam fan club presale, the Ticketmaster Verified presale and then the general onsale. 

At the end of the day, if demand dramatically outweighs supply, people will be left disappointed.

The only solution I can think of is to make a limited quantity available for sale at the box office. Forcing people to camp out will separate those who truly want to go versus people who kinda want to go.

I used Pearl Jam as an example so that people can have a bit of a perspective. Yes, there was a Pearl Jam club presale. However, you had to win in  a lottery system in order to get the presale. This did not guarantee you the ability to buy tickets. My friend's wife's friend got the presale code and wasn't able to get tickets. It looks like this lottery system screwed up and raised the prices artificially. Pearl Jam's idea made things worse for hardcore and casual fans. 

3 hours ago, soon said:

Also, is that additional bleachers seating on the roofs of neighbouring buildings?

That's so brilliant haha. Imagine owning one of those buildings, you could make a killing selling tickets to watch a game/show from your roof

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Draguns said:

You should see how many people are ticked off. Go to the Facebook page for the event. You'll see the angry comments. As you said, they made a token effort. They could have done a MUCH better job of how the tickets were distributed. My friend's wife was so looking forward to taking their daughter to the concert. She signed up for the Pearl Jam fan club and was entered into the lottery for tickets. Never got it. Her friend did the same thing. Got the presale code, but wasn't able to get the tickets. 

20k seat capacity + top five most popular band in the world + 15 million person market = disappointment of most Pearl Jam fans in the NYC area.

It's simple supply and demand.  You can't fault a band for being so popular that demand outstrips demand.  I guess you could fault them for not adding more dates (maybe there will be). 

If Pearl Jam guaranteed a ticket for all fan club members then I can see why they would be mad.  But I highly doubt that promised a guaranteed ticket for any club member.  

38 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I think this just puts a little perspective on things in regards to other bands or areas of the country.  With that being said, I do wish we can go back to the times when ticket prices were reasonable. 

That's not going to happen so long as most people don't want to pay what they use to for recorded music.  Acts don't make the same kind of money from recorded music, so they make it up on ticket prices.  

23 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Pearl Jam's idea made things worse for hardcore and casual fans. 

That's not a fault with Pearl Jam's idea, but simply the execution.  

17 minutes ago, downzy said:

20k seat capacity + top five most popular band in the world + 15 million person market = disappointment of most Pearl Jam fans in the NYC area.

It's simple supply and demand.  You can't fault a band for being so popular that demand outstrips demand.  I guess you could fault them for not adding more dates (maybe there will be). 

If Pearl Jam guaranteed a ticket for all fan club members then I can see why they would be mad.  But I highly doubt that promised a guaranteed ticket for any club member.  

That's not going to happen so long as most people don't want to pay what they use to for recorded music.  Acts don't make the same kind of money from recorded music, so they make it up on ticket prices.  

That's not a fault with Pearl Jam's idea, but simply the execution.  

So you are  basically saying that Pearl Jam should be treated like the Rolling Stones?? Rolling Stones had $360 tickets for the very last row at MetLife Stadium last summer. Cheaper than Pearl Jam's standard ticket for the last row at MSG. Sorry, I'm not buying that it's due to demand. It's priced artificially due to the band for various reasons.  Other people are saying the same thing.

As I said before, tickets for GNR were cheaper than PJ. You stated VIP packages cost $500 to $700. I never even mentioned VIP packages nor would I get one since I would expect the price to be high. I'm talking about a standard ticket. Heck, I'm going to see Bon Jovi at Prudential Center in July. I paid $130 for a sold out show. 

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I used Pearl Jam as an example so that people can have a bit of a perspective. Yes, there was a Pearl Jam club presale. However, you had to win in  a lottery system in order to get the presale. This did not guarantee you the ability to buy tickets. My friend's wife's friend got the presale code and wasn't able to get tickets. It looks like this lottery system screwed up and raised the prices artificially. Pearl Jam's idea made things worse for hardcore and casual fans. 

I suppose I must be one of the lucky ones - I won two tickets for both LA shows in the Ten Club lottery no problem and my buddies scored tickets with the general on sale easily

There are a lot of people unhappy on the 10C forums but I think since the ones that get shut out are the most vocal it gives an impression, however if more tickets were allotted to the 10C in general I think that it overall can be a good thing, no?

The onsale and presale tickets all had reasonably priced tickets at least for modern day ticket prices which are now just high everywhere haha. The inflation in price to huge amounts from what I have seen is purely on the secondhand market.  That is I assume partly due to more tickets being secured for 10C to give out to members (I think in my 10C email they mentioned more tickets being allotted to the fan club in general)

Edited by WhazUp

16 minutes ago, Draguns said:

So you are  basically saying that Pearl Jam should be treated like the Rolling Stones?? Rolling Stones had $360 tickets for the very last row at MetLife Stadium last summer. Cheaper than Pearl Jam's standard ticket for the last row at MSG. Sorry, I'm not buying that it's due to demand. It's priced artificially due to the band for various reasons.  Other people are saying the same thing.

As I said before, tickets for GNR were cheaper than PJ. You stated VIP packages cost $500 to $700. I never even mentioned VIP packages nor would I get one since I would expect the price to be high. I'm talking about a standard ticket. Heck, I'm going to see Bon Jovi at Prudential Center in July. I paid $130 for a sold out show. 

I was at MetLife for the Stones. Row 48 Sec 123. $150 per ticket plus fees 

25 minutes ago, Draguns said:

PJ was like $120 for face.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Draguns said:

The face value for all Pearl Jam tickets this tour was approximately $125 including fees. That's for the last row or the floor. They have a system where the ticket barcode refreshes every so often making it almost impossible to transfer. The only reason the NYC show is on StubHub is it's a State law that the tickets can be resold. Look on StubHub and you'll see MSG and Colorado are the only two US shows for sale . 

14 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Really?! When I checked it was $360 for the last row at MetLife. I went on Stubhub. 

Stubhub is a secondary market site. That’s not necessarily what the tickets costs. That’s what people are willing to pay once they’ve been sold

Not saying artists don’t sell on the secondary market (some do). However it’s certainly possible to grab at face through certain channels. Pearl Jam is also not one of those artist that practice this. They try and keep scalpers/secondary sellers out of their system.

I’m also sure if GNR could, they would practice something Such as selling on the secondary market. They release a certain amount of tickets, and Claim they are sold out. Then they immediately put some up through secondary channels. It’s a fairly common practice  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

PJ was like $120 for face.

This is what I’m trying to get through to them. 

They keep referencing Stubhub prices as though they represent face value tickets.  They don’t seem to understand that Stubhub is a reseller for third party and current ticket holders; tickets on Stubhub were already sold for face value and are now being resold at a higher price. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

As a casual fan, I wanted to see them. I couldn't get tickets for the public sale due to 2,000+ people being in front of me.

Often times, there are complaints about the ticket prices on here.  I think this just puts a little perspective on things in regards to other bands or areas of the country.  With that being said, I do wish we can go back to the times when ticket prices were reasonable. 

Something wonky happen with this Pearl Jam fan club sale. I entered for two tickets to OKC, Is hound have been able to win access in the lottery. My friend got nosebleeds with a pre sale code. It’s also odd that Pearl Jam is charging 103$ on all tickets to include seats behind the stage.

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

At least GNR is not Pearl Jam. A lot of people are ticked off with Pearl Jam regarding the sky high ticket prices for their show at MSG in March. 

I saw your other post on the other thread and wanted to dispel this one - the tickets you are looking at for Pearl Jam are on Stubhub, the tickets for Pearl Jam that were available on the presale and onsale times were all fairly reasonably priced.  Tickets on Stubhub will always be way more due to the nature of secondhand market on tickets, it is not Pearl Jam marking the tickets up but moreso the people reselling

A lot of people were angry for not winning the Ten Club lottery tickets however those are mostly people who banked on getting GA tickets and didn't even go for reserve, whereas most people who put both in their lottery request mostly got tickets 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, downzy said:

I honestly don't think a new album will move many more than maybe a thousand or two more tickets per large market.

The reality is that 90 percent of those going to a GNR concert only want to hear hits.  Unless the album is loaded with a few monster singles, I can't see too many people outside of this forum wanting GNR to pack their setlists with songs they have never heard before.

Hopefully for all of us new music is on its way (I'll believe it when I see/hear it).  But all this talk about new material needed to sell large venues in large markets kind of misses what GNR are to those buying the tickets and where GNR are in their careers.

The album itself is meaningless to most outside of a select group. 

The problem I'd say would be not releasing new music and continuing a nostalgia run... the narrative in articles is bound to become gnr the 'nostalgia' band and that isn't a gig that you HAVE to see. I have no doubt that a new album isn't going to suddenly make them play 3 nights in a row in a stadium or anything crazy like that😄

A good album creates a little bit of buzz, and it is all about perception. Somehow, gnr are somewhat cool to like now, but that's easily changed!

19 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, I'm at the same place you're at. I haven't even seen the band since the reunion. Last time I saw Axl was in 2012 when Izzy came out and did 14 Years. I would see them if they put out a new record, but have no interest otherwise.

The annoying thing is, GNR have so many casual fans that will go ad nauseam, which is why they can get away with this shit. I know a guy who's going to the London shows, a husband of a colleague, and this'll be the third reunion show he's been to. He's going with a group of lads for a stag night and they go just to get pissed. He doesn't know or has never even heard of Chinese Democracy, nor does he give two shits about GNR ever doing a new album. A GNR show to him is an excuse to swig his beer to Paradise City, do bad karaoke to KOHD and get pissed to SCOM. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with any of that, but unfortunately, because GNR appeal to so many casual fans, they don't need the support of us diehards who actually give a shit about a little something called the music.

This is a fantastic point actually. Sadly very true :-(

8 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Stubhub is a secondary market site. That’s not necessarily what the tickets costs. That’s what people are willing to pay once they’ve been sold

Not saying artists don’t sell on the secondary market (some do). However it’s certainly possible to grab at face through certain channels. Pearl Jam is also not one of those artist that practice this. They try and keep scalpers/secondary sellers out of their system.

I’m also sure if GNR could, they would practice something Such as selling on the secondary market. They release a certain amount of tickets, and Claim they are sold out. Then they immediately put some up through secondary channels. It’s a fairly common practice  

Yep, isn't this what Metallica recently got exposed for?  It's pretty shitty really manipulating ticket sales and prices and fucking your fans over...

27 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

This is a fantastic point actually. Sadly very true :-(

It's about what Axl wants to be now in the end. If the fire's out and he doesn't want to move forward we get nothing more than what we get now until he disappears for good.

Edited by El Guapo