GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

I am a new fan of GNR after watching footage from the 87-93 era but that was nearly thirty years ago so bound to be many changes, especially for Axl with his mental health issues.  I just wonder what the young Axl would have thought of the present situation.  Although I have to say his tenatiousness in keeping GNR going all this time through all the insults and negativity is supremely impressive..  If it had not been for Axl then GNR would not be around today  so as a consequence I have great respect and admiration for him and love his baddass attitude which  allows him to do what he believes in no matter what. 

It is so easy to misunderstand people especially when most of what we know is from the media which has its own agendas'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lilacmess said:

I don't like the stadium environment. I would only go if something special was going on.

Husband rolls his eyes heavily at my interest in this band and has zero interest in them himself, but he offered to go to the gig in Vienna with me. I didn't even ask. It's a four hour drive and he knows the tickets I'd want would probably be around 600€. 

Imo that's one of the most romanic gestures any husband can make. :lol::heart:

My partner likes the band but owns the Greatest Hits :facepalm: He's good about coming to gigs with me and about all the money I spend on GNR...  :heart:

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 10:05 PM, janrichmond said:

My bloke went to the 2017 London one with me. He refuses to go to any more. Can't say i blame him :lol:

Why does he refuse - didn't like the music / something else?

I just came home in a taxi and *GNR came on the radio*!!!! Mr Brownstone!! So happy!

Edited by money honey

6 minutes ago, money honey said:

Why does he refuse - didn't like the music / something else?

I just came home in a taxi and *GNR came on the radio*!!!! Mr Brownstone!! So happy!

He only likes AFD, and he spent a lot of the concert laughing at Axl's voice. 

Then to top it off he said that Fortus was better than Slash!!!

I went the 2nd night with my daughter :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/02/2020 at 10:05 PM, janrichmond said:

My bloke went to the 2017 London one with me. He refuses to go to any more. Can't say i blame him :lol:

Mine went to the Manchester 2006 concert with me. There's no way I'd be able to drag him to London, Dublin or Glasgow.  I think there are a million-and-one things he'd rather do instead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

Mine went to the Manchester 2006 concert with me. There's no way I'd be able to drag him to London, Dublin or Glasgow.  I think there are a million-and-one things he'd rather do instead.

I discussed it with a friend in Texas. I told her that I'll pay for both tickets, probably the front row, which I think are $150 each. I think dugout might be too much trouble for me. If she goes with me I'd just spend the night with her and go back to Oklahoma the next day. 

Edited by Murielweathers@gmail.com

4 hours ago, Kittiara said:

It’s shit that they don’t play Manchester any more. Adds on double the expense going to London or Glasgow when you live in the middle of the UK <_<

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think you need to leave him.

What did your daughter think of the show?

He's a sweetheart really, he puts up with me fangirling over Slash and having pictures of him in a lot of rooms :slash:

My daughter (29) really liked the show, it helped that I paid for GC tickets for us:)

• Like 2