GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Black Stone Cherry at the Royal Albert Hall

September, Hollywood Vampires and maybe Alanis Morrissette (25th anniversary Jagged Little Pill)

I think that Alanis morrisette has postponed her tour to 2021 :confused:

Edited by Italian girl
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Black Stone Cherry at the Royal Albert Hall

September, Hollywood Vampires and maybe Alanis Morrissette (25th anniversary Jagged Little Pill)

I don't know how UK will handle this, but our measures (such as "no concerts") go until the end of August. I would also have a concert at the beginning of September, but I really can't imagine, that events of bigger sizes, can start from 0 to 100 again after the summer. So i doubt i'll see my autumn (any) shows this year.

Edited by EricA
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, MurielWeathers said:

Since my husband and I just paid off the car I won't have to worry about any huge bills getting in the way next year when it's time to buy tickets. 

that's the only positive thing during this time, that we don't spend much money on leisure activities, so more savings to throw in for concerts trips (@Natty ;)) in 2021.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, EricA said:

that's the only positive thing during this time, that we don't spend much money on leisure activities, so more savings to throw in for concerts trips (@Natty ;)) in 2021.

:lol: Can t wait to spend my money again in concerts. We had so many plans and gigs planned @EricA ..just hope they will all be postponed to 2021. Cannot and will not wait another year :max:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 26/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, MaskingApathy said:

I was thinking of going to see GnR only if the ticket prices went down, then I could get one last minute. Maybe next year if they do the tour.

Yeah, if I decide to go to see GN'R. It will be a last minute call. But hey! Maybe we should start saving for the new album. Susan just said it's happening. I didn't know she is now GN'R new manager and spokesperson :rofl-lol:

My gut instinct says that album is in the air. 

Maybe I'll make adult evening with friends, having wine and listening to late GNR. My friend who gave me his badass speakers for foster care while he travels told me I can adopt them forever. 

Still, some official information about postponing would help. I am supposed to have important exam in the time shows are scheduled now. I joined Aerosmith fanclub for tickets and it's same mess on the wheels like GNR management, so... 

9 hours ago, Padme said:

I know some of you follow Susan and Meghan. Are they saying anything about the children picture book in ther social media?

I saw Meegan has liked Jarmo’s ig post about it but she didn’t say anything.

There are no words for it :lol:

It is so cringeworthy even by TB standards - I noticed a while ago that Vanessa and Nando’s wife have been making clothes based around their kids touring with the band called Young Roadie and this seems to be the next level of that shit ffs :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

And it must be a great story hey - don’t send your kids to normal boring school like everyone else - instead take them around the world with a notorious rock band and let them grow up with the influence of music and listening to such lyrics as “turn around bitch I got a use for you”     :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I saw Meegan has liked Jarmo’s ig post about it but she didn’t say anything.

There are no words for it :lol:

It is so cringeworthy even by TB standards - I noticed a while ago that Vanessa and Nando’s wife have been making clothes based around their kids touring with the band called Young Roadie and this seems to be the next level of that shit ffs :facepalm:

It's the Kardashian marketing model they're following isn't it? We can probably expect a make up palette at some point.

It doesn't work with Guns N' Roses though unless the pinnacle of their dreams is being the next KISS.

It's a massive boot in the teeth to their legacy and their fans, most of whom are fans precisely because they were the antithesis of KISS.

I realise they're all wealthy, middle of the road, 50 somethings these days but good brand PR means you have to at least pretend to uphold the illusion.

:facepalm:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, alfierose said:

It's the Kardashian marketing model they're following isn't it? We can probably expect a make up palette at some point.

It doesn't work with Guns N' Roses though unless the pinnacle of their dreams is being the next KISS.

It's a massive boot in the teeth to their legacy and their fans, most of whom are fans precisely because they were the antithesis of KISS.

I realise they're all wealthy, middle of the road, 50 somethings these days but good brand PR means you have to at least pretend to uphold the illusion.

:lol: Yep, it seems to be. There will certainly be more of this kind of crap coming soon.

I am sick to death of hearing SCOM by now but shit, it didn’t deserve ending up like this, poor SCOM :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, alfierose said:

In my case it has nothing to do with being anti KISS or anti anything. First it was the break up. Then Axl rebuilding the band and calling it GN'R when it wasn't. CD took forever and it is not a real GN'R album. Changes in management and line up, Axl Mickey Mouse voice. Then reunion without Izzy and Adler. Now neverending tours but no new album, very few interviews, their social media sucks. And now Fernando and this children pictures book. Who was asking for this? Please raise your hand. It was the last straw for me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:lol: Yep, it seems to be. There will certainly be more of this kind of crap coming soon.

I am sick to death of hearing SCOM by now but shit, it didn’t deserve ending up like this, poor SCOM :lol:

I blame Big Daddy and Sheryl Crow 😂😂.

On 7. 5. 2020 at 10:35 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

And it must be a great story hey - don’t send your kids to normal boring school like everyone else - instead take them around the world with a notorious rock band and let them grow up with the influence of music and listening to such lyrics as “turn around bitch I got a use for you”     :lol:

Children tend to form their own opinion. Some are smart enough not to repeat what they had seen. Keith Richard's kids turned out just fine - And Martlon was five and Keith full blown heroine junkie when the kid toured with the band and took care about his drugged-up daddy... in times when rock'nroll wasn't just faded stories...

Paul McCartney has children's storybook, so has Keith... why not? I don't think I will buy it, but... most dangerous band in the world is now a family thing...

2 hours ago, Alja said:

Children tend to form their own opinion. Some are smart enough not to repeat what they had seen. Keith Richard's kids turned out just fine - And Martlon was five and Keith full blown heroine junkie when the kid toured with the band and took care about his drugged-up daddy... in times when rock'nroll wasn't just faded stories...

Paul McCartney has children's storybook, so has Keith... why not? I don't think I will buy it, but... most dangerous band in the world is now a family thing...

Fernando is not Axl nor Slash. At best he is sort of an Axl manager and assistant. Paul McCartney and Keith Richards wrote plenty of songs and made plenty of albums. That's not the case with GN'R. If Axl or Slash decide to spend time in children books I wouldn't be happy either. Make two or three albums first. Give us a real reunion with Izzy and Adler. Then write children books.

In the past we had Robert John book. But that book was about GN'R pictures. Del James also wrote a book with short stories. But one of them was about Axl and Erin. And a GN'R video was made based on that story. Marc Canter wrote a book about the GN'R early days. Those are GN'R related books so it makes sense. 

• Like 2