GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

On 08/05/2020 at 1:16 PM, Mararoyce said:

Hi Ho! What brought me here after 18 months is the new GnR children’s book. I can’t believe how deep Axl is imbedded in that clan.

I actually wonder if its the other way around. I think at this stage of axls life, they are like the unwanted house guests that never leave and axl cant get rid of them

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I actually wonder if its the other way around. I think at this stage of axls life, they are like the unwanted house guests that never leave and axl cant get rid of them

Axl have the power to get rid them, just for strange reason he can't.

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

12 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Axl have the power to get rid them, just for strange reason he can't.

Some people can't or won't change their lives at a certain age, due to very different reasons, could be sheer laziness or simply the fear to be alone. I think THATs the stage where Axl is, if he fires TB, he would be completely on hisself, probably for the first time in his life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, EricA said:

Some people can't or won't change their lives at a certain age, due to very different reasons, could be sheer laziness or simply the fear to be alone. I think THATs the stage where Axl is, if he fires TB, he would be completely on hisself, probably for the first time in his life.

Indeed, this are goods and sad reasons too.

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I don't have a problem with TB as Axl's friends or even family if he needs them in that role. The problem is having them involved with GN'R. The band should have a proper manager running the business aspects. Everything form tours, record company, news or social media. I know there are other artists who have a wife or a brother as managers. I don't agree with that despite the fact those artists might be making albums all the time and interviews every day.

10 hours ago, Padme said:

I don't have a problem with TB as Axl's friends or even family if he needs them in that role. The problem is having them involved with GN'R. The band should have a proper manager running the business aspects. Everything form tours, record company, news or social media. I know there are other artists who have a wife or a brother as managers. I don't agree with that despite the fact those artists might be making albums all the time and interviews every day.

I agree, that TB should be family and not part of the GNR enterprise. Business and family dont mix.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Haha, yes, that song has been put through some shit - that Big Daddy version is just horrible, never ever want to hear that again. 

Do you remember they had a version of SCOM for a John Lewis christmas ad ?

The advert guy had to go to Axl in person for approval, couldn't just phone or email

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

The advert guy had to go to Axl in person for approval, couldn't just phone or email

Thought that would be done through lawyers?.

23 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I don't remember that. It is odd.

I think it was the Taken by Trees version they used. 

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Yes, I didn’t mind that cover actually. Remember the Paradise City butter advert? :lol: They had to ask Axl too but I remember them saying they phoned him to ask.

I like to find out little tidbits like the guy had to go and see Axl in person ..... most people probably think oh what a pretentious wanker making him go all that way just to ask in person ...  but it makes me laugh :shrugs: :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

On 15/05/2020 at 9:46 PM, janrichmond said:

There was a programme on about John Lewis and it was in that, obvs going back a few years now. ( 2010?)

Just looked it was BBC2 called Inside John Lewis

They reckon a lot of their stores won’t be opening back up when things eventually get back to normal. Whatever normal will be....

The high street shops weren’t doing so well before this, I wonder what it will be like in a year or two :( 

33 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They reckon a lot of their stores won’t be opening back up when things eventually get back to normal. Whatever normal will be....

The high street shops weren’t doing so well before this, I wonder what it will be like in a year or two :( 

I'm guessing eventually high streets won't really exist as they have done for the latter half of the 20th Century. It was already headed that way before the pandemic. I think town and city centres will start being redeveloped to provide more living accommodation and green space making them more family friendly. We might see more of the middle class living in cities rather than just the very rich and the very poor. 

It won't be an immediate thing but I think the virus has pushed things forward in terms of many businesses home working and perhaps realising they don't to rent office space and such like. Many more people will have become used to shopping online.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

18 hours ago, alfierose said:

I'm guessing eventually high streets won't really exist as they have done for the latter half of the 20th Century. It was already headed that way before the pandemic. I think town and city centres will start being redeveloped to provide more living accommodation and green space making them more family friendly. We might see more of the middle class living in cities rather than just the very rich and the very poor. 

It won't be an immediate thing but I think the virus has pushed things forward in terms of many businesses home working and perhaps realising they don't to rent office space and such like. Many more people will have become used to shopping online.

We have just lost Debenhams in my town, the top floors are being converted to flats. John Lewis are staying which is a relief. I really miss having a Debenhams so close for clothes shopping, i'm caning the debit card online now :lol:

• Haha 2

On 17/05/2020 at 5:39 PM, janrichmond said:

We have just lost Debenhams in my town, the top floors are being converted to flats. John Lewis are staying which is a relief. I really miss having a Debenhams so close for clothes shopping, i'm caning the debit card online now :lol:

I always used to get a bit lost in Debenhams - by the time I found the section I wanted and then the tills and then the way back out I’d be bloody knackered. 

I love online shopping but with clothes I still like to be able to see them in person before I buy them. Even though I only ever really wear black jeans and some scruffy t shirt 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EricA said:

Don't know if Slash and Meegan get the thing with the masks right🤔

I think it depends on what they plan to fill their pandemic lockdown days with.

Edited by Alja
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Haha, yes, that song has been put through some shit - that Big Daddy version is just horrible, never ever want to hear that again. 

SCOM despite everything is my all-time favourite song of any band, I can't listen to it casually because it makes me emotional. Detest all cover versions. Can't understand why Axl or any band member who was around at the time it was written would pimp it out as much as it has been. So so sad. :facepalm::thumbsdown:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Hello women’s thread, how are you doin? What did I miss? 

:D

Not much. I'm sure if anyone is still around there's mileage to be had from Sorum's book. Highlights include Stephanie Seymour rubbing his balls, Axl has evil eyes and a demented aura, Slash is a deceptively cunning business man and screwed him over at every turn plus stuff about Duff being a big meanie. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

Not much. I'm sure if anyone is still around there's mileage to be had from Sorum's book. Highlights include Stephanie Seymour rubbing his balls, Axl has evil eyes and a demented aura, Slash is a deceptively cunning business man and screwed him over at every turn plus stuff about Duff being a big meanie. :lol:

I always thought that he has sad eyes.

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

WAIT! STEPHANIE RUBBED HIS BALLS!?!!!😂😂😂