North American Tour Dates Announced

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Well every time you give GNR money, you're donating to The Team Brazil Foundation For A More Comfortable Life 

Russ- at least GNR tickets at MetLife are affordable. You can find tickets for $70 face value. I'm actually paying less money  this time than when I did for 2016 at MetLife. The average ticket is now $125 for bands. Rage Against the Machine is gouging their fans and pretending to actually do something about ticket prices. They have no business charging fans a fee for their own charitable contributions. They want to contribute, they should do something with prices and use their own money for their causes.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Russ- at least GNR tickets at MetLife are affordable. You can find tickets for $70 face value. I'm actually paying less money  this time than when I did for 2016 at MetLife. The average ticket is now $125 for bands. Rage Against the Machine is gouging their fans and pretending to actually do something about ticket prices. They have no business charging fans a fee for their own charitable contributions. They want to contribute, they should do something with prices and use their own money for their causes.  

First things first--the GN'R tickets are low because their tour isn't in demand at all. 

Second, the Rage tour is super hot and very in demand. Rage cannot help that scalpers bought up tons of their tickets. 

At least Rage is trying something creative by offering an alternative. I personally wouldn't pay that much to see them, but at least it's an idea. If GNRs tour was in high demand, I can guarantee you they wouldn't put any amount of thought into ideas surrounding how to possibly help charities through their ticket pricing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Second, the Rage tour is super hot and very in demand. Rage cannot help that scalpers bought up tons of their tickets. 

At least Rage is trying something creative by offering an alternative. I personally wouldn't pay that much to see them, but at least it's an idea. If GNRs tour was in high demand, I can guarantee you they wouldn't put any amount of thought into ideas surrounding how to possibly help charities through their ticket pricing.

It's a bullshit idea to demand people, who want to see them, paying 400 $ to charities of the bands choosing (nevermind that there is no accountabilty from the band that they actually pay any money to charity, as a fan we simply would have to believe them). It does nothing to curb ticket scalping.

• Like 1

On 14.2.2020 at 2:28 AM, Draguns said:

A lot of scalpers bought the tickets and they are on Stubhub for $400. Additionally, Rage made a statement this morning that they know there is an issue with scalpers so they are holding off 10% of their tickets for shows. These tickets will be up for sale at a later date with a fee. Those fees will be going to charity. So they are definitely partially to blame for the inflated prices and sales. 

And is total bullshit and doesn't help one bit. The only ones that got it right were Rammstein and Iron Maiden. All others are making things just worse with their dubious actions.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's a bullshit idea to demand people, who want to see them, paying 400 $ to charities of the bands choosing (nevermind that there is no accountabilty from the band that they actually pay any money to charity, as a fan we simply would have to believe them). It does nothing to curb ticket scalping.

Oh, I'm not saying it's a GOOD idea lol. I'm just saying it's an idea at least. 

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. A very bad one. It would really be better if they'd just done nothing, as it really is not helping the fan.

I hear ya. The only defense I have for it is that if I were gonna pay $650 for a ticket, I'd much rather go for the option to have money go to charity instead of the option where the ticket broker rips me off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I hear ya. The only defense I have for it is that if I were gonna pay $650 for a ticket, I'd much rather go for the option to have money go to charity instead of the option where the ticket broker rips me off. 

True. But before I do that, I'd rather not go to a show at all. Charity or no charity.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

What’s the point of this tour? It doesn’t make any sense to tour this summer, what the hell are they thinking...Hope they cancel this shit and fast, it’s embarrassing 

The sole purpose of GNR is to make money for Axl's entourage. Someone in TB must need a new yacht or something. 

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

For GNR, yes. 

Gee I can’t imagine why.

You know what’s also sad? Let’s say a miracle occurs and somehow an album really does materialize at some point during the tour. Because this band is seemingly managed by a pack of Neanderthals, and they’re doing things ass backwards by announcing the tour first and hoping new music drops at some point, I’m not sure it will even help ticket sales all that much and it will just kind of play this way with luke warm interest. And, as always, they will have been their own worst enemy. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For GNR, yes. 

I posted basically the same thing in the "New Album" thread, but thought I might post it here as well:

Maybe Guns N' Roses could try the same approach as Prince did with his "Musicology" album in 2004? Ticket prices for that tour included a copy of Prince's album for each concertgoer at the show. By doing that, it was almost 1.5 million copies of his album that might not have been bought otherwise. It was also counted as a "sale" by Billboard, so Prince's album was in the top ten for several months.

That's certainly a way for GN'R to sell more tickets, with a guarantee of a new, physical album handed out to each show patron. It also makes them look good on Billboard if the album is a top ten or top five hit for a large portion of the calendar year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ruttu69 said:

What’s the point of this tour? It doesn’t make any sense to tour this summer, what the hell are they thinking...Hope they cancel this shit and fast, it’s embarrassing 

It is amazing, there are way to many tours this summer and this GNR tour is kind of pointless, unless of course they have a new album coming out in the next couple of months, even still a new album is not going to make people come out in droves to see them, and I am guessing they have to much pride to cancel, I can see a mysterious "illness or injury" will make them push these shows to next summer

On 2/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, nycgunner said:

Where did you see this?

I haven't seen any yet. I have seen The Rolling Stones commercials about appearing in the Cotton in Dallas Texas.

It would be cool to see GNR commercials, but I have never seen any ads for them when they do concerts in Texas. So stupid.

I hardly ever see any commercials unless it's a country artists.

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

Was this necessary?! I'm not attacking you whatsoever. Also, if I'm paying a fee for a charity, I want it to go for people with disabilities and not their cause. It's my money....not theirs.

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

Are you kidding me?   You have no clue what you are talking about.   They have already, already raised over 3 Million for Charity.  ALL of that would have gone straight to Ticketmaster.  I appreciate the fact you want your money to go to your causes.  But, there  is no way in hell you can knock RATM for selling what would be platinum TIX with all the profits going in TM's pocket as Charity tickets to support local charities.  None of whom have actually been announced, so you can't say I don't want to support their cause....as you don't know who that actually is right now.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Again, this is ignorant (no offense), the charity tix are what would have been Platinum tickets.   That isn't done to curb scalping, it is done to raise money for charity. 

And is total bullshit and doesn't help one bit. The only ones that got it right were Rammstein and Iron Maiden. All others are making things just worse with their dubious actions.

Again, this is due to lack of knowledge.  No one HAS to pay that much if they want to see them.  For most shows all but 10 percent of the tix were $125.  They held back 10 percent as TM would sell as platinum and they sold them to raise money for charity. At Alpine Valley you can get a lawn ticket right now from TM for $69.  I paid $134 for Pavillion there, I didn't have to pay MORE.  Premium tix are more, again replacing Platinum tix with the money going to charity.

Oh, also, their first three shows ALL the money they made on tix is going to charity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Again, this is ignorant (no offense), the charity tix are what would have been Platinum tickets.   That isn't done to curb scalping, it is done to raise money for charity. 

They said they did it to prevent scalping and mentioned scalpers. And again. It is ignorant and arrogant to demand people who want to see a fucking rockshow to pay several hundred dollars to charity. They could have sold regular tickets and donated something themselves, if they care so much about charity. They are the millionaires making millions on this tour.

How did Maiden get it right?  What am I missing?   Pearl Jam is the only one that is doing it right. You have to enter with ID and the card used to pay for the tix.  Resale only at face value. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

They said they did it to prevent scalping and mentioned scalpers. And again. It is ignorant and arrogant to demand people who want to see a fucking rockshow to pay several hundred dollars to charity. They could have sold regular tickets and donated something themselves, if they care so much about charity. They are the millionaires making millions on this tour.

I just read their statement you are confusing two things, go figure.  And they actually did do that for three shows.  So, you want to STFU now?

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I just read their statement you are confusing two things, go figure.  And they actually did do that for three shows.  So, you want to STFU now?

Yes. It is you, who should shut the fuck up. It's not me who wrote that bullshit statement:

Since the announcement of our tour, scalpers and broker sites have been listing fake tickets for RATM. We want to do everything we can to protect our fans from predatory scalping and, at the same time, raise a substantial amount of money for charities and activist organizations we support in each city. At many concerts, up to 50% of the seating is scooped up by scalpers and then resold to fans at much higher fees. We are doing everything we can to protect 90% of the RATM tickets from scalpers, and then WE are holding in reserve 10% of the seating (random seats throughout each venue) to sell at a higher ticket price (but low enough to undercut the scalpers). We will donate 100% OF THE MONEY over the fees and base ticket price to charities and activist organizations IN EACH CITY. We are confident this will help many more fans get tickets at face value and put a big dent in the aftermarket gouging. WE HATE SCALPING AS MUCH AS YOU DO and will continue to try to find ways to combat it. Additionally, we are donating all profits from our first three shows to immigrants' rights organizations and will be supporting multiple charities and activist organizations throughout the tour.

They did do nothing to prevent tickets to get into scalpers hands, as thousands of tickets are available through reseller sites and not one "more fan" is able to get their hands on face value tickets due to their charity ploy. If I have to pay an extra 400 $ on top of the ticket price, it is not face value. It's 5 times as much. 550 $ for floor, as it was in Toronto, also is not really less then what scalpers would charge. And in fact they took 10% of tickets that fans could have gotten at face value out of the market, so created even more demand for the remaining face value tickets.

25 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Again, this is due to lack of knowledge.  No one HAS to pay that much if they want to see them.  For most shows all but 10 percent of the tix were $125.  They held back 10 percent as TM would sell as platinum and they sold them to raise money for charity. At Alpine Valley you can get a lawn ticket right now from TM for $69.  I paid $134 for Pavillion there, I didn't have to pay MORE.  Premium tix are more, again replacing Platinum tix with the money going to charity.

Oh, also, their first three shows ALL the money they made on tix is going to charity. 

If, despite trying since the tickets went on sale, all that is left are fucking charity tickets, then yes, that is what I would have to pay to see them. Thankfully, they did that charity ploy only in North America. In Austria they sold regular tickets and I got a regular floor, despite the show being sold out in 20 minutes also over here.

Edited by PatrickS77

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

How did Maiden get it right?  What am I missing?   Pearl Jam is the only one that is doing it right. You have to enter with ID and the card used to pay for the tix.  Resale only at face value. 

They had personalized tickets. They eliminated sales exceeding the purchase limit. They cancelled sales they suspected were for resales. Same as Rammstein. Tickets are personalized. Name on ticket has to match ID. There is no entrance with non matching IDs. The only way you can resell the tickets is on the original site, where the ticket can only be sold at a minimal higher fee. That's the only way to prevent scalpers. Everything else is just idle talk.

Edited by PatrickS77