North American Tour Dates Announced

I think we often forget that actually the majority of the general public have no interest in new music from this band. They go to a GNR show for the hits, nothing else. Whether we like it or not they are now a touring nostalgia act and will continue to sell out big venues for a very, very long time! This US tour won't do as well as NITL i expect but it will still make lots of money. 

I'm an Aerosmith fan (not on the same scale as i am a GNR fanatic) but when i see them later this year i expect a concert full of classic hits, new songs (unless awesome) actually get in the way of old school tracks. 

Really hope that GNR mix up the set and take out songs like Better which Axl cannot sing. Plenty of other tunes to go at which he may just be able to do justice. 

Anyway, if they come near you, get a ticket and enjoy the show. After a few beers Axl always sounds great live to me!!!! :headbang:

Edited by bangit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, valengf said:

I think we should be grateful that at least songs like Locomotive, Dead Horse, You're Crazy are back on the setlist.

I will add Slither and Shadow to that list.  I have seen three shows since the  "reunion" and not seen any of those. 

• Like 2

At this point, until new material or proof of a big change in live show occurs, I will probably sit these out.  

I would like to hear SOYL, Slither, Locomotive, etc. seeing as at least those have been played, however right now GNR as an entity is not my top priority as a "must-see" act without anything substantially different

What the hell was the big secret that Susan had to delete her Instagram post (about the stadium tour) and the local Chicago radio station had to delete their concert giveaway web page? We all thought maybe, just maybe these motherfuckers would release a new record to coincide with the tour, so they don't wanna leak the tour dates yet.

But here we are. Random Monday and they announce the tour but nothing about new music. SMH

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

What the hell was the big secret that Susan had to delete her Instagram post (about the stadium tour) and the local Chicago radio station had to delete their concert giveaway web page? We all thought maybe, just maybe these motherfuckers would release a new record to coincide with the tour, so they don't wanna leak the tour dates yet.

But here we are. Random Monday and they announce the tour but nothing about new music. SMH

All’s not lost on that front. They can still announce after ticket sales taper off for a bump. There’s a few weeks left to line things up 

Edited by guitarpatch

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I don't think that's the name of the tour either. 

I think it should be called Fat In This Lifetime. 

I know quite a few casual/classic Guns fans who are going to the London shows and they can't understand why I have absolutely zero interest unless it's guaranteed they're playing at least one unreleased song. Last night one mates literally offered to buy my ticket if i'd go with him so I said "I saw Axl Rose slay in 2010 whilst playing a lot of relatively new songs I love. I've no interest in seeing this plump fellow falsetto his way through a set of songs literally 90% of which I could do with never hearing again unless they're alts in a set full of new shit or it's the farewell tour."

Axl promised Bucket that the first tour would only lean on the old shit to get people used to the new band. After that it would be all about the new. Can't remember where now but he very specifically said that going forward the old shit would be a small part and the focus would be on the three albums he talked about at London Docklands. In 1992 he said playing Appetite every night would be like jerking off. In 2006 he said he had to get his head around exactly how to perform Jungle on that tour as he no longer had a way to relate to it. 

Something has massively changed in his head, probably along with all this peace and forgiveness. But if you showed 2010 Axl, nevermind 1992 Axl, some rough footage from the last couple years he'd probably hang himself to nip it in the bud. 

What I can't understand is that since he obviously just doesn't care anymore as far as his appearance and vocals (or he's delusional which is also possible) and it's all dollars and donuts, why the fuck is putting a record out such a big deal? In the chats when he talked about the press reaction to Chinese he sounded very prosaic saying how some of it was a blood bath. What is the massive hang up? What's he worried about? He will happily and repeatedly go and shit his pants or raincoat on live telly but wont put out some songs he finished 15-20 years ago some of which are clearly awesome. 

Or just have some fun playing different shit in the set. How can you go from being a guy in 1992 who said he was already outgrowing the older songs, at least lyrically, and wanting to mix things up and be aware of what's played on back to backs in the same city or what was played the last visit....to this plump plonker who is the walking embodiment of not giving the slightest shite.

Is there not a part of him that is gutted and sad that he'll never be able to play or do justice to songs like The General with "the highest, piercing, screaming singing" he's ever done because he's let 20 years go by getting increasingly plump whilst wasting what's left of his voice SINGING THE SAME OLD SHIT or even worse SCREECHING ANOTHER BAND'S SAME OLD SHIT?

The biggest waste of life, talent and potential in music history imo and I include all the suicide and dead fuckers.

Just fucking shit.

Sorry, needed a rant. 

Edit: Just looked at the setlist and realised there's now half as many VR songs as Chinese songs. Mind blown. Imagine telling 2006 Axl that.

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Yes you'd think New music then promote new tour. Not the other way around 

56 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Frankly, I don't know anyone that would ever choose Motley Crue over Guns N' Roses. You'd be hard-pressed to find many casual fans that know any Motley Crue song.

what?  My 10 year old knows MC songs.  They have more hits than GNR.  Sorry, I am HUGE gnr fan, but you need to get the "rose' colored glasses off.  

11 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Tours have contracts with outlines for when things can be announced. Susan and the radio station announced before the band was ready to go live, which could’ve been for any number of reasons. The radio station got the date wrong, which just proves why LN and the band wants them to hold off until everything is finalized and ready to go.

4 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

what?  My 10 year old knows MC songs.  They have more hits than GNR.  Sorry, I am HUGE gnr fan, but you need to get the "rose' colored glasses off.  

Go to YouTube and search Guns N Roses, and specify the search for "view count". Then do the same for Motley Crue. You'll see in an instant how absurd your comment is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

More hits than GNR? What country do you live in because that's 100 percent false in the U.S. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not looking at old '80s Billboard charts, but I can confidently state more people know Guns N' Roses' big hits and if you asked a random person on the street to name a Motley Crue song, they'd probably say, "Who the fuck is Motley Crue?" They were more famous in the 1990s due to Tommy Lee being associated with Pamela Anderson than anything about their music. 

Maybe the perception has changed a little now with the Netflix doc.

If Motley was on Guns' level, then they wouldn't have to lean on Def Leppard and Poison to sell out a comeback tour.

Edited by GnR Chris

I know there’s only been one show which technically wasn’t part of the tour, but seriously...how the fuck can they claim this is an all new show???? I am bemused. Exactly what the fuck do they propose changing if there’s no album, the colour of Slashes fucking hat??