North American Tour Dates Announced

16 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Go to YouTube and search Guns N Roses, and specify the search for "view count". Then do the same for Motley Crue. You'll see in an instant how absurd your comment is.

what does that say?  Maybe cause the crue actually released music etc.  GnR fans have to go to youtube to find stuff.    Again, i prefer GnR, but acting like the crue is an opener is just as absurd

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

More hits than GNR? What country do you live in because that's 100 percent false in the U.S. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not looking at old '80s Billboard charts, but I can confidently state more people know Guns N' Roses' big hits and if you asked a random person on the street to name a Motley Crue song, they'd probably say, "Who the fuck is Motley Crue?" They were more famous in the 1990s due to Tommy Lee being associated with Pamela Anderson than anything about their music. 

Maybe the perception has changed a little now with the Netflix doc.

If Motley was on Guns' level, then they wouldn't have to lean on Def Leppard and Poison to sell out a comeback tour.

what?  The crue did their final tour years ago, and was a HUGE success.  This is just a fun concert with 3 big bands touring this summer and making cash.  Poison already promised new music, more than our favorite band is doing

Guys this isn’t a dick measuring contest with Motley Crue...wait don’t think that would go to well. 

Both big bands in their day. People still know their songs. Both play/have played large venues. One just was bigger at their peak and are now on their first reunion circuit. The other hung around here and there and have already stretched things thin a few times.

Both will laugh to the bank until promoters stop paying

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Frankly, I don't know anyone that would ever choose Motley Crue over Guns N' Roses. You'd be hard-pressed to find many casual fans that know any Motley Crue song.

29 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

More hits than GNR? What country do you live in because that's 100 percent false in the U.S. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not looking at old '80s Billboard charts, but I can confidently state more people know Guns N' Roses' big hits and if you asked a random person on the street to name a Motley Crue song, they'd probably say, "Who the fuck is Motley Crue?" They were more famous in the 1990s due to Tommy Lee being associated with Pamela Anderson than anything about their music. 

Maybe the perception has changed a little now with the Netflix doc.

If Motley was on Guns' level, then they wouldn't have to lean on Def Leppard and Poison to sell out a comeback tour.

I agree with all these points, my point was that with ticket prices the way they are these days, most casuals probably won’t go to more than 1 show this summer and, even tho GNR is a much bigger/better band, the appeal of a Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, Joan Jett show is probably going to be more appealing than the 4th year of the same GNR show. At least from my personal experience, but I actually don’t know a single other hardcore GNR fan in real life

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Frankly, I don't know anyone that would ever choose Motley Crue over Guns N' Roses. You'd be hard-pressed to find many casual fans that know any Motley Crue song.

If you think Axl is sounding rough, try listening to Vince Neil.  He doesn’t even sing half the words to the song and the ones he does sing sound like he’s making stuff up as he goes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, default_ said:

Motley Crue released more material being inactive than Guns N Roses in the past 20 years of activity.

Guess whos fanbase is happier.

Considering how Vince Neil sounds nowadays, I would say Pearl Jam fans are happiest lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

The only new music that would be good is stuff with vocals recorded by axl 20 years ago, which could be reworked with the current band, which I would love to hear. I always lol when people say they want “fresh” material from the band. If you want an album full of shit songs like scraped I suppose...

Scraped was obviously deemed better than whatever else he had 20 years ago so I wouldn’t be holding out hope especially considering the quality of the songs leaked which were mostly B side quality 

18 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Considering how Vince Neil sounds nowadays, I would say Pearl Jam fans are happiest lol

Oh yeah, we can make this comparison with pretty much any band and GNR would look bad.

Who cares how popular Crue is, in the end everything comes to the music and Crue is releasing, PJ is releasing, GNR is the only actual nostalgia trip around.

3 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Donny and I will be going to the Atlanta show August 12th :P

I'm surprised they went with Georgia Tech's stadium as opposed to the new Mercedes Stadium. It's cooler that they did though.

I stayed and worked right by there a few years ago. Ate Goodfellas pizza nearly everyday. It should be a beautiful night in ATL.

31 minutes ago, Higson95 said:

Scraped was obviously deemed better than whatever else he had 20 years ago so I wouldn’t be holding out hope especially considering the quality of the songs leaked which were mostly B side quality 

No, it wasn't. Chinese Democracy  was not a "best of." They held A-listed songs off the album. 

Separate though and not in response to the above:

It's crazy how many GNR diehards will flat out tell you, "I don't care about new music" and will defend the band's decision to be a nostalgia act.

Edited by GnR Chris

56 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

If you think Axl is sounding rough, try listening to Vince Neil.  He doesn’t even sing half the words to the song and the ones he does sing sound like he’s making stuff up as he goes. 

Chub a bee. 

That's all I needed from Vince. 

36 minutes ago, Higson95 said:

I have to disagree with you. Atlas Shrugged is great and better than half of Chinese Democracy. Perhaps were pretty good, and Oklahoma is A+. State of Grace is pretty cool, too. Would’ve been great if released in 2000. 

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

So what's next? Australia? Asia? 

God damn i fuckin hope so. The band has done 3 NA runs and 2 european legs and oz only gets the 1 tour :max:I still cant beleive the band is doing another NA stadium run with no talk of a new album....

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

God damn i fuckin hope so. I still cant beleive the band is doing another NA stadium run with no talk of a new album....

Aussies will eat that shit up as usual. 
I say I won’t go, but when it comes to the crunch I probably will go to one show just to take my daughter who is old enough now.

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Guess GNR isn’t even creative enough to come up with a name anymore for their tours. Why bother, right?

Larger than life.... celebrating slash and axls waist lines 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Higson95 said:

Hmm - don’t agree with that. Wasn’t it the case that there were supposed to be at least another CD ‘volume’ with other tracks held back? Hardschool, Atlas and Perhaps are better than B-side material and are better than tracks on CD so that theory holds some weight IMO.

1 hour ago, Higson95 said:

Nope, he has spoke of this in the charts and said there are other songs he loved but decided to hold back for the following 2.....🤣 wait I can finish!! the two follow up albums😁 ah who could have guessed that there would be a huge delay releasing the almost completely finished follow up records? It's not Axls fault! #leaveaxlalone 😆

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I think it should be called Fat In This Lifetime. 

I know quite a few casual/classic Guns fans who are going to the London shows and they can't understand why I have absolutely zero interest unless it's guaranteed they're playing at least one unreleased song. Last night one mates literally offered to buy my ticket if i'd go with him so I said "I saw Axl Rose slay in 2010 whilst playing a lot of relatively new songs I love. I've no interest in seeing this plump fellow falsetto his way through a set of songs literally 90% of which I could do with never hearing again unless they're alts in a set full of new shit or it's the farewell tour."

Axl promised Bucket that the first tour would only lean on the old shit to get people used to the new band. After that it would be all about the new. Can't remember where now but he very specifically said that going forward the old shit would be a small part and the focus would be on the three albums he talked about at London Docklands. In 1992 he said playing Appetite every night would be like jerking off. In 2006 he said he had to get his head around exactly how to perform Jungle on that tour as he no longer had a way to relate to it. 

Something has massively changed in his head, probably along with all this peace and forgiveness. But if you showed 2010 Axl, nevermind 1992 Axl, some rough footage from the last couple years he'd probably hang himself to nip it in the bud. 

What I can't understand is that since he obviously just doesn't care anymore as far as his appearance and vocals (or he's delusional which is also possible) and it's all dollars and donuts, why the fuck is putting a record out such a big deal? In the chats when he talked about the press reaction to Chinese he sounded very prosaic saying how some of it was a blood bath. What is the massive hang up? What's he worried about? He will happily and repeatedly go and shit his pants or raincoat on live telly but wont put out some songs he finished 15-20 years ago some of which are clearly awesome. 

Or just have some fun playing different shit in the set. How can you go from being a guy in 1992 who said he was already outgrowing the older songs, at least lyrically, and wanting to mix things up and be aware of what's played on back to backs in the same city or what was played the last visit....to this plump plonker who is the walking embodiment of not giving the slightest shite.

Is there not a part of him that is gutted and sad that he'll never be able to play or do justice to songs like The General with "the highest, piercing, screaming singing" he's ever done because he's let 20 years go by getting increasingly plump whilst wasting what's left of his voice SINGING THE SAME OLD SHIT or even worse SCREECHING ANOTHER BAND'S SAME OLD SHIT?

The biggest waste of life, talent and potential in music history imo and I include all the suicide and dead fuckers.

Just fucking shit.

Sorry, needed a rant. 

Edit: Just looked at the setlist and realised there's now half as many VR songs as Chinese songs. Mind blown. Imagine telling 2006 Axl that.

This is a really excellent post. Im not complaining about the band playing their old stuff, i grew up on it but i want to hear new stuff to.I felt the reason he could have done a reunion in 06 was to buy duff and slashs share of GNR and no more partnership which would have left axl full control of the GNR name to implement whatever musical vision he had. 

If the other chinese band members wanted to do new music and axl did to, why didnt axl follow through?. Also that highest piercing scream is never going to happen again!.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Guys this isn’t a dick measuring contest with Motley Crue...wait don’t think that would go to well. 

Both big bands in their day. People still know their songs. Both play/have played large venues. One just was bigger at their peak and are now on their first reunion circuit. The other hung around here and there and have already stretched things thin a few times.

Both will laugh to the bank until promoters stop paying

Well said