North American Tour Dates Announced

10 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Management has little to do with that. The band wants to get paid. Blame them and Live Nation. 

Let me let you in on something. Alan Niven, Doug Goldstein and even the great Irving Azoff are just as shoddy. It’s the music business. They make a living off of other individuals talent. The great ones find a way to make you smile and take advantage of you on multiple levels  

Which is fair doos. But why not just press ahead with the touring like they want to do and release live stuff anyways? If they are solely motivated by money then there is an easy way to get more?!

I take it the Live Nation deal isn’t putting a barrier up to releasing stuff - surely not?

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Except the band doesn’t really get paid in that instance. Especially when compared to playing live shows. The labels, production companies, and such make the majority off of it.

If they release anything, it will because they want to or it’s to put butts in seats. There’s really no direct financial gain. Not until they have their own label 

Oh, doubtless that high-priced nostalgia shows are where the money is at these days, sad as that is. 

I'm still sure putting out some live albums would be hugely profitable though. Especially ones that have been recorded already! 

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Which is fair doos. But why not just press ahead with the touring like they want to do and release live stuff anyways? If they are solely motivated by money then there is an easy way to get more?!

I take it the Live Nation deal isn’t putting a barrier up to releasing stuff - surely not?

No, but they prob wanted to incur the cost into production. Neither side wants to pay out of pocket for it, so it’s left in limbo. 

Releasing live stuff is great. However UMG I believe has the rights for it. You’re essentially letting them collect the majority of sales. They need to get out of that contract for that to make more sense. Maybe they should release albums and complete their deal? 

Edited by guitarpatch

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Except the band doesn’t really get paid in that instance. Especially when compared to playing live shows. The labels, production companies, and such make the majority off of it.

If they release anything, it will because they want to or it’s to put butts in seats. There’s really no direct financial gain. Not until they have their own label 

They make more off of one night of merch sales, then they would off of any album/blu ray release in 2020 

I guess it depends on the record deal in place. But in terms of t-shirts sold etc, yeah they would make a fair whack. But again, releasing stuff isn’t gonna cost them - surely it can only help push more folk to see them etc?

Just now, guitarpatch said:

No, but they prob wanted to incur the cost into production. Neither side wants to pay out of pocket for it, so it’s left in limbo. 

Releasing live stuff is great. However UMG I believe resting the rights for it. You’re essentially letting them collect the majority of sales. They need to get out of that contract for that to make more sense. Maybe they should release albums and complete their deal? 

100% agreed. Get stuff out and get onto their own label afterwards.

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

I guess it depends on the record deal in place. But in terms of t-shirts sold etc, yeah they would make a fair whack. But again, releasing stuff isn’t gonna cost them - surely it can only help push more folk to see them etc?

Depends what their contract with UMG states. There’s most likely some type of advance structure in place to release something. Gotta make sense for both parties 

3 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Tickets for Atlanta are being sold by the venue, not ticketmaster. The nightrain or citi codes work, but the livenation presale code doesn't work until Thursday on their site.

The Live Nation site probably won't work anywhere til Thursday, at least as far as I'm aware. 

I heard the radio commercial for the show at Target Field/Minneapolis this morning.  The voice over guy says "All new show."  -- That just struck me as interesting.  I guess they are thinking the staging is different (i had read something about a curved screen) but the songs remain the same. Most likely.

if the Citi Presale is any indicator and it usually is, these are going to be some slow moving shows, I am guessing they are going to have to be grouponing or do some other discounts in order to get people in the door, or get some really good opener, probably a mix of both, its crazy to me this band thinks it is able to sell out stadiums after hitting these markets for literally 3 times in like the last 4 years

Just now, k12 said:

if the Citi Presale is any indicator and it usually is, these are going to be some slow moving shows, I am guessing they are going to have to be grouponing or do some other discounts in order to get people in the door, or get some really good opener, probably a mix of both, its crazy to me this band thinks it is able to sell out stadiums after hitting these markets for literally 3 times in like the last 4 years

You may be right. I've never been able to get pit so easily before. I was gonna grab an extra pair but I am worried I won't be able to sell them at face. For the record, I am not wanting to purchase extra tickets to upcharge or scalp. I just wanted to secure them in case anyone else I know wanted to go.

32 minutes ago, k12 said:

The band doesn’t necessarily have to think this. Live Nation thinks this. It’s on them to move the tickets. Guns gets paid if they sell them or not 

Now GNR/management could decide not to oversaturate the market by not touring. Especially if they are thinking long term. However something tells me the focus is to maximize the reunion to its fullest. They will play until promoters stop paying them a fee that’s worth their time/energy 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

Say what you want, but I miss New-GNR. I miss the days of getting great seats for 1/3 of these prices. IMO those guys could play, and the setlist now is not much different.

I'm not a setlist crybaby any means, but I cannot justify paying these prices for a 4th time to hear it all again. If prices were reasonable, I'd definitely go

Edited by LoadedNightraiN
dup
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

How much are they charging for these dates? 

Edit: apologies, looked at posts above and answered my own question. 

$250 dollars for anything on the floor seems....very very pricey! 

Yeah it’s a little pricey but anymore they all seem expensive especially the $45 in fees 

Like a fool, I didn’t listen to Russ and bought the Nightrain membership to get the pre sale 🤦‍♂️  That didn’t work but that was Ticketmaster’s fault. 

Waited for the Citi pre-sale and got pit tixs at MetLife for $270, which isn’t terrible

Had TM not fucked me, I would have saved a few bucks with the Nightrain code (tix were $250 vs $270 with Citi)