North American Tour Dates Announced

I got 2 floor seats to Nationals Park.  Section 9, front row on Slash’s side. I saw them in DC back in 2016 but I don’t remember too much of it (damn alcohol) so that’s the main reason I’m going this time around, plus I’m sure I’ll have a blast.  After this one though, I probably won’t see them for a while unless they put out some new shit. 

On 2/3/2020 at 6:23 PM, lame ass security said:

So, are you going?

Lol no, gonna sit this one out, unless there’s so major setlist shakeup, new music, or Izzy (lol I k ow, not happening). Didn’t go to the show when they came back to Detroit last year (or was it the year before?) because it was the exact show I saw in 2016. This will be the third show in 4 years at the same arena, and likely will be the same setlist as the last 2. Gonna opt for Billy Joel the night after gnr plays in Detroit instead. 

Edited by YourMother'sDruthers

1 hour ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Lol no, gonna sit this one out, unless there’s so major setlist shakeup, new music, or Izzy (lol I k ow, not happening). Didn’t go to the show when they came back to Detroit last year (or was it the year before?) because it was the exact show I saw in 2016. This will be the third show in 4 years at the same arena, and likely will be the same setlist as the last 2. Gonna opt for Billy Joel the night after gnr plays in Detroit instead. 

Cool, I was just messing with you.😊  Don't blame you for skipping and going to the Billy Joel show.  Hey, maybe Axl will stick around and do Highway To Hell again.

• Like 1

Can anyone explain why the band's messaging is inconsistent with LiveNation's? Why does LiveNation call it the Larger Than Life tour while Guns N' Roses simply calls it the 2020 tour? I know it's probably a case of shit marketing (nothing new on GNR's part), but one would think they could get something so simple correct...

• GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Can anyone explain why the band's messaging is inconsistent with LiveNation's? Why does LiveNation call it the Larger Than Life tour while Guns N' Roses simply calls it the 2020 tour? I know it's probably a case of shit marketing (nothing new on GNR's part), but one would think they could get something so simple correct...

Do they though? On the live nation website I read it as the larger-than-life stadium tour. On the gnr website too. So just as an adjective, not the name of the tour. Might be wrong, I just hope that's not the name of the tour as I think it's cringy as hell.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Do they though? On the live nation website I read it as the larger-than-life stadium tour. On the gnr website too. So just as an adjective, not the name of the tour. Might be wrong, I just hope that's not the name of the tour as I think it's cringy as hell.

I think you're right. It was just a fancy headline, but since it's written in capitals on their web (making it unclear whether it's a name or what), the media assumed it was a name and adopted it. Is the way I see it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Which is probably just the one or two songs they threw in at the handful of October shows they did last year.

Ok. Good! I’d love to see locomotive, dead horse, or you’re crazy. Plus I haven’t seen shadow of your love yet.

so what’s your point here? They need to play different songs, but when they play different songs, let’s complain about the different songs they play? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Somebody needs to do an audio dub on the clip of Axl saying "not in this lifetime" and change the reporter's question to, "when is the reunion tour going to end?"

Reporter: "When is the reunion tour going to end?"

Axl: "Well, it’s larger than life."

Reporter: "So..."

Axl: "So not in this lifetime!"

Reporter: "But –"

Axl: "But we’re gonna start looking very seriously at what we’re doing in that regard."

Reporter: "Uh, ok. I’ve also heard that you’ve been only speaking in phrases and your own quotes recently. Is that true?"

Axl (talking to Nando): "Get that guy out of here! That guy right there!"

Reporter: "But what about the new record –"

Axl: "It’s in my ass, that’s where it is! Fuckhead, go home!"

-- A crack is heard, and the recording ends here. --

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

I just looked at some of the pricing for the Minneapolis show (Target Field) and  I now see why they added "Your Crazy," to the set list. $700 a piece just to be in the same county and floor tickets were in the $1400- $1500 range.

No- PIT are $250.  Floor are all $270 each unless you go package route.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Ok. Good! I’d love to see locomotive, dead horse, or you’re crazy. Plus I haven’t seen shadow of your love yet.

so what’s your point here? They need to play different songs, but when they play different songs, let’s complain about the different songs they play? 

Seriously. I haven't seen any of those four songs or Slither for that matter.  I would be STOKED to see all of them. I looked at the setlist of the last show I went to. There were ELEVEN songs played that night that weren't played in Miami and 4 songs played in Miami that weren't played that night.  That is a bigger swing than most bands out there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously. I haven't seen any of those four songs or Slither for that matter.  I would be STOKED to see all of them. I looked at the setlist of the last show I went to. There were ELEVEN songs played that night that weren't played in Miami and 4 songs played in Miami that weren't played that night.  That is a bigger swing than most bands out there.

Exactly, so why don’t the other hardcore fans here see that? 

8 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Exactly, so why don’t the other hardcore fans here see that? 

I don't get why so called hardcaore fans feel they have to be hardcore critical all the fucking time.  Tell ya right now, this miracle of new music they have going on in their head is not going to stand a chance with them when it does come out.  It's fashionable to be a GNR critic.  There's lots going on and information slipping out, wait for it.  But not with the "hardcore fan" that's a beast whose appetite to self destruct is about to go over the edge. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just wish Guns didn’t have to lie with this “all new show” bullshit. I get that they’re a corporate entity and a nostalgia act now but false advertising is a legitimate crime that goes beyond just being morally wrong.

And before anyone says Miami may not have been the all new show, they changed the screens and the order of the set and threw in another song so I guarentee this is what they’ll pas off as all new. If it really isn’t I still blame Guns, this is their fault for always being so damn vague and never giving any answers.

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just wish Guns didn’t have to lie with this “all new show” bullshit. I get that they’re a corporate entity and a nostalgia act now but false advertising is a legitimate crime that goes beyond just being morally wrong.

And before anyone says Miami may not have been the all new show, they changed the screens and the order of the set and threw in another song so I guarentee this is what they’ll pas off as all new. If it really isn’t I still blame Guns, this is their fault for always being so damn vague and never giving any answers.

Excuse me, but did you not see the giant curved screen?? 

ALL NEW SHOW! 

• Sad 1