North American Tour Dates Announced

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Dammit. I just got told it can't be announced til after 4 now. Sorry! I promised I'm not trying to be a dick! 

No worries, you don’t want to get your guy in trouble. In the meantime let’s throw around some baseless speculation:

The Struts, Highly Suspect, Cage the Elephant, Alice In Chains, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Bring Me the Horizon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stryker said:

No worries, you don’t want to get your guy in trouble. In the meantime let’s throw around some baseless speculation:

The Struts, Highly Suspect, Cage the Elephant, Alice In Chains, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Bring Me the Horizon

Just now, All Cautions Made said:

Smashing Pumpkins?

Can't say yet, but I promise I'll post right at 4 :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, veon said:

Just now, WhazUp said:

That is actually pretty cool, Smashing Pumpkins and GNR in one night

Just got a text from my buddy saying the Detroit News jumped the gun lol. So yes, it's Smashing Pumpkins for Detroit and at least 5 other cities. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

ah I am hoping they are playing Milwaukee/Chicago, definitely a fan of the Pumpkins, I saw their "reunion" show a few years ago and it was definitely the best show I saw in a while

I just hope it is not some co-headling bullshit, I want to see the typical 2 1/2-3 hour set of GNR considering what I spent on my tickets, if they are going to announce the Pumpkins are going to play like a 90 minute set and GNR are only going to be on for like 2 hours, yea that is going to suck

Massive Smashing Pumpkins fan, so bit gutted I'm the other side of the world! 

I wouldn't have thought they'll be a big ticket seller though - their 'reunion' tour was a well-documented poor seller, and much discussed at the time. 

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/02/smashing-pumpkins-reunion-tour-doesnt-appear-to-be-selling-very-well/

Wonder when the others will get announced? 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Sad 1

Very cool that Smashing Pumpkins are opening.

Btw, they are releasing a double album. A few days ago, Billy Corgan posted on IG that there were about 10 more days of recording, that the album will be coming out sometime within 2020 but the exact date and formats haven't been decided yet.

It surely makes one wonder why GnR can't give a simple update like this - if they've been recording and have something to release, that is.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, k12 said:

ah I am hoping they are playing Milwaukee/Chicago, definitely a fan of the Pumpkins, I saw their "reunion" show a few years ago and it was definitely the best show I saw in a while

I just hope it is not some co-headling bullshit, I want to see the typical 2 1/2-3 hour set of GNR considering what I spent on my tickets, if they are going to announce the Pumpkins are going to play like a 90 minute set and GNR are only going to be on for like 2 hours, yea that is going to suck

Nah - it's being advertised very much as a support act. 

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Very cool that Smashing Pumpkins are opening.

Btw, they are releasing a double album. A few days ago, Billy Corgan posted on IG that there were about 10 more days of recording, that the album will be coming out sometime within 2020 but the exact date and formats haven't been decided yet.

It surely makes one wonder why GnR can't give a simple update like this - if they've been recording and have something to release, that is.

Exactly , an update on recording and a rough timeline for the album would be simple and easy. Of course most of us would still not believe it till we have it in our hands but it would at least give fans more hope an album will come out. 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 2