North American Tour Dates Announced

Guns N' Roses now running promos for the upcoming summer tour.

Is being called a brand new show that's going to be EPIC!

"The next chapter is about to begin..."

Don't want to say I told you so.

Hmm... Well

Edited by MicEffecT
Copyright
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MicEffecT said:

Hmm... Well

Please, feel free to come back and say "I told you so" AFTER the tour starts. 

I guarantee you every cynic would LOVE to be wrong. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Please, feel free to come back and say "I told you so" AFTER the tour starts. 

I guarantee you every cynic would LOVE to be wrong. 

Absolutely! 

I keep saying this, but no one here is rooting for GNR to fail. Some of us are just calling the current situation as we see it is all. 

• Like 4

On 2020-02-09 at 8:20 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I don't care if the promoters are the ones who figure all that shit out, the band could have some say in it if they wanted to. 

100% this. Saw Garth Brooks a few years ago, and that's a guy who knows how to do it. Announced one show in Winnipeg on a Friday night, all tickets regardless of location at 60 bucks. Show sells out instantly? Add another. We had 4 shows from him in 3 days. And guess what? That's how he does most of his shows if not all if I recall correctly. 

Don't think he's hurting. I was debating Fargo for GNR but 100 for back of the stadium worst seats at this point in the game is just ludicrous in my opinion. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MicEffecT said:

Hmm... Well

Yep I heard same promo here in Mpls.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

100% this. Saw Garth Brooks a few years ago, and that's a guy who knows how to do it. Announced one show in Winnipeg on a Friday night, all tickets regardless of location at 60 bucks. Show sells out instantly? Add another. We had 4 shows from him in 3 days. And guess what? That's how he does most of his shows if not all if I recall correctly. 

Don't think he's hurting. I was debating Fargo for GNR but 100 for back of the stadium worst seats at this point in the game is just ludicrous in my opinion. 

Yup probably 10 years ago now but Kid Rock did something similar.  Tickets were $20 bucks first come first serve and there was some deal on your first coipel beers and hotdog.  That is extreme but they could do $100 flat price anywhere in the venue.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MicEffecT said:

Hmm... Well

You're aware there's absolutely nothing new about this "news", right? 

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yup probably 10 years ago now but Kid Rock did something similar.  Tickets were $20 bucks first come first serve and there was some deal on your first coipel beers and hotdog.  That is extreme but they could do $100 flat price anywhere in the venue.  

Elton John and Aerosmith have done similar things when they played here. Elton did 2 nights (in 2011) and every ticket was the same price. Though, our arena only holds about 7500 people so there's not really a bad seat in the place. A ticket for Aerosmith (in 2015) was $200+ though and I'd already seen them twice, so it was an easy 'pass' for me. It'd be cool if GNR adopted that method, but I don't see it happening.

5 hours ago, MicEffecT said:

Hmm... Well

I heard these promos early last week before tickets for any of the shows went on sale. I'd like to think it's more than a cock tease.

It got me to buy three tickets for the Fenway Park show, so mission accomplished on their end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Elton John and Aerosmith have done similar things when they played here. Elton did 2 nights (in 2011) and every ticket was the same price. Though, our arena only holds about 7500 people so there's not really a bad seat in the place. A ticket for Aerosmith (in 2015) was $200+ though and I'd already seen them twice, so it was an easy 'pass' for me. It'd be cool if GNR adopted that method, but I don't see it happening.

Nope. 5 years ago. He announces and sells one show at a time. He ended up doing 5 shows in Toronto. Well Hamilton!

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You're aware there's absolutely nothing new about this "news", right? 

You realize I don't care, right?

Apparently the Toronto date is 2/3 empty

"Did Guns N’ Roses misjudge the appetite for tickets to see the band live in Toronto?

According to Ticketmaster, roughly two-thirds of the 48,217 tickets... remain unsold nearly one week after pre-sales began and three days after they went on sale to the general public."

Source: https://www.iheartradio.ca/104-1-the-dock/news-trending/sales-slow-for-guns-n-roses-toronto-show-1.10552681

MIIN0RS.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just checked for Europe tickets (Hamburg) they want 160 euros (= about 175 dollars) for one nosebleed seat on the other end of the football stadium with absolutely horrible acoustics. That plus travelling, commodation, food, drinks and perhaps just one little piece of merch and you end of paying 1000 euros for two people to attend a fucking rock concert. Fuck that shit.

22 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Apparently the Toronto date is 2/3 empty

From the article:

"As of Monday afternoon, roughly 60 percent of the $310.75 floor seats remain up for grabs and more than 80 percent of the cheapest tickets – seats on the 500 level priced at $108.50 – are unsold.

Also still available are hundreds of VIP package floor seats, priced between $688.80 and $1,056.16, as well as several dozen $500 VIP package seats on the 100 level.

There is also plenty of space remaining in the general admission pit, where a ticket to stand in front of the stage runs between $751.94 and $1509.62.

Added to the available inventory are dozens of “verified resale” tickets, including several floor seats directly in front of the stage priced at a whopping $4,075.75 each."

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Just checked for Europe tickets (Hamburg) they want 160 euros (= about 175 dollars) for one nosebleed seat on the other end of the football stadium with absolutely horrible acoustics. That plus travelling, commodation, food, drinks and perhaps just one little piece of merch and you end of paying 1000 euros for two people to attend a fucking rock concert. Fuck that shit.

Yeah, I won't go either. On top of everything you mentioned are Axl's current form, that wig and no word on new music or anything really from the "big 3". Just no.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MicEffecT said:

Hmm... Well

As I said you keep regurgitating what you hear on Radio Ads.  these promos have been running last since last week on Radio and TV. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

From the article:

"As of Monday afternoon, roughly 60 percent of the $310.75 floor seats remain up for grabs and more than 80 percent of the cheapest tickets – seats on the 500 level priced at $108.50 – are unsold.

Also still available are hundreds of VIP package floor seats, priced between $688.80 and $1,056.16, as well as several dozen $500 VIP package seats on the 100 level.

There is also plenty of space remaining in the general admission pit, where a ticket to stand in front of the stage runs between $751.94 and $1509.62.

Added to the available inventory are dozens of “verified resale” tickets, including several floor seats directly in front of the stage priced at a whopping $4,075.75 each."

*TB Command Central*

2 and a half hours into 3 hour meeting....

*Phone rings. Nervous hand fidgets with phone, picks it up*

"Yes....?" *Indistinct Chatter* "Yes. Things aren't looking good. I understand. Yes." *Hangs up phone*

*Long pause*

"Get me a new albumIzzy Stradlin, Gilby and Matt.... Chris Pitman, a GN'R Lego set and more flashy screen animations!!!!"

• Haha 3

Question:

Has anyone, since the NITL tour started, seen them front of stage at the Pit? I just bought tickets to the Atlanta, Bobby Dodd Stadium, show in August. I REALLY loved the Charlotte show last year from the floor. I have bad hearing problems and I was wondering if I should bring protection or is it not too bad up front?

2 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Question:

Has anyone, since the NITL tour started, seen them front of stage at the Pit? I just bought tickets to the Atlanta, Bobby Dodd Stadium, show in August. I REALLY loved the Charlotte show last year from the floor. I have bad hearing problems and I was wondering if I should bring protection or is it not too bad up front?

Depends on the venue. GNR's live sound is rather quiet compared to say AC/DC. Never had hearing issues from GNR, would rather have them turn up the volume actually.

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

From the article:

Interesting that media sites are now picking up on this. I'm sure it will become a big story in the next few weeks.