North American Tour Dates Announced

16 minutes ago, axlslash said:

MetLife looks downright empty so far. Good news for me. My plan is to try to snag a cheap ticket on the secondary market closer to the show, and all appears to be on track. Crossing fingers for something on the floor or in the 100s for under $200. 

Astonishing that that price is something you' 'keep your fingers crossed for' isn't it? Absurdly expensive! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Astonishing that that price is something you' 'keep your fingers crossed for' isn't it? Absurdly expensive! 

Expensive, yes, but I wouldn’t call it absurd for a good stadium-level rock show. To be fair I live in the NYC area and have become somewhat accustomed to Broadway/MSG prices, so my perspective is skewed. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

GnR tickets seem appropriately priced to me.  Floor tickets for The Stones are $440 plus fees, $350 for lower level, $250 for middle bowl level and $90 up top on the side to $60 bucks up top straight away.   

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

GnR tickets seem appropriately priced to me.  Floor tickets for The Stones are $440 plus fees, $350 for lower level, $250 for middle bowl level and $90 up top on the side to $60 bucks up top straight away.   

Comparing them to other, equally expensive, tickets really doesn't do it for me. I know others charge astonishing prices - it doesn't make it any more reasonable to me. 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Comparing them to other, equally expensive, tickets really doesn't do it for me. I know others charge astonishing prices - it doesn't make it any more reasonable to me. 

So, if I have something and I know people will pay X amount for it....then I should sell it for less b/c you know, someone thinks what I'm charging is unreasonable.  That's what you are saying. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

So, if I have something and I know people will pay X amount for it....then I should sell it for less b/c you know, someone thinks what I'm charging is unreasonable.  That's what you are saying. 

Yeah, I mean, I know all the capitalist arguments people throw about on here to justify the prices, supply and demand, etc etc. 

It still doesn't make me think paying the sorts of prices they're charging is any more reasonable though. Sales of tickets look like I'm not the only one thinking that.  

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I mean, I know all the capitalist arguments people throw about on here to justify the prices, supply and demand, etc etc. 

It still doesn't make me think paying the sorts of prices they're charging is any more reasonable though. Sales of tickets look like I'm not the only one thinking that.  

Not really, these are the same prices they charged for the original Stadium Tour and the Arena tour...those all sold very well.  

And, as I said the Stones are charging more (significantly more) and they will sell out every show easily and quickly.

RATM is selling their shows at $125 per ticket no matter where you sit.  They will sell out easily and quickly.  

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Those aren't "capitalist" arguments.  They are free market arguments.  Other economic systems can have free markets.  

Regardless, a reasonable price is an opinion for each person to answer.  Is it "reasonable" to pay $80 for a steak?  It depends if the individual buying it thinks it is.  If enough people find the prices unreasonable then they will either lower the prices, have empty seats or stop touring. 

Just now, Gnrcane said:

Those aren't "capitalist" arguments.  They are free market arguments.  Other economic systems can have free markets.  

Regardless, a reasonable price is an opinion for each person to answer.  Is it "reasonable" to pay $80 for a steak?  It depends if the individual buying it thinks it is.  If enough people find the prices unreasonable then they will either lower the prices, have empty seats or stop touring. 

Ah geeez.......yeah I'm aware of these arguments. As I said above. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Not really, these are the same prices they charged for the original Stadium Tour and the Arena tour...those all sold very well.  

And, as I said the Stones are charging more (significantly more) and they will sell out every show easily and quickly.

RATM is selling their shows at $125 per ticket no matter where you sit.  They will sell out easily and quickly.  

Well great for them. 

Personally, I feel spending $400 or so to watch any band to be totally ridiculous. But then I'm not especially interested in watching ancient bands from the back of stadiums, so I'm probably not their target audience anyway! 

48 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well great for them. 

Personally, I feel spending $400 or so to watch any band to be totally ridiculous. But then I'm not especially interested in watching ancient bands from the back of stadiums, so I'm probably not their target audience anyway! 

I understand what you are saying.   A lot of people feel that way and as you said a lot of people apparently feel the ticket prices for this go round to see Guns is a bit much as well :)

51 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well great for them. 

I have yet to pay over $250 for a show. I did hit that limit twice (neither of which were GNR) but I doubt there's anyone out there I'd pay that much for again. Let alone $400

1 minute ago, JD89 said:

$400 dollars for a ticket for a rock concert is scandalous no matter what band it is

If I were able to have pulled up tickets for Zeppelin's show at the 02 Arena in 2007 I would have paid $400 and travel fees no question lol that is probably my only exception

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JD89 said:

$400 dollars for a ticket for a rock concert is scandalous no matter what band it is

Why is that?   A lot of people are paying that and more to see the Stones.  Pretty much half of every building they are.  Most of them I bet are glad they did.  

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Why is that?   A lot of people are paying that and more to see the Stones.  Pretty much half of every building they are.  Most of them I bet are glad they did.  

The two times ive been to see the stones I don't think I paid more than £100 each time so $400 dollars seems extreme to me but then again it seems like all concerts in North America are way more expensive than what they would be in the UK so people may be more used to the pricing

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

Live Nation decides pricing

Depends on the band....some bands control the prices for their tickets like Garth Brooks, Pearl Jam, Kid Rock has done this, RATM is doing it for their tour.  But, for GnR I imagine LiveNation is dictating prices and GnR probably have little to no say.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Out of curiosity, I looked at the tickets for the Seattle show today. There's still plenty of seats left in every section.

I got a ticket to see the Rolling Stones in Vancouver instead. The ticket was about $70 (or $55 USD) and I'll be way at the back, but it'll be fun, I've never seen the Stones before. :D

They are definitely worth seeing. They put on a great show

2 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

They are definitely worth seeing. They put on a great show

It's a bucket-list show, for sure. It's gonna be a fun time. rock3

The only other show I've seen at BC Place was GNR in 2017. I was front row for that (and the sound was terrible, the stadium is notorious for bad sound) so it'll be interesting to be at the very back for the Stones.

• Like 1