North American Tour Dates Announced

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Come show time, I still don't think the tour will be a failure. They will slowly sell tickets along the way and more so as it gets closer.  I am sure they will start promoting more if they feel they need to and I wouldn't even rule out new music yet.  Will they be sellout shows? I doubt it but a 75% full stadium isn't bad for a band their age. 

Agreed. 

As much as current sales seem slow I'd imagine LiveNation have planned for this. They have access to far more data than us. 

The band got their fee and the promoters will earn more long-term by charging high prices and steadily dropping them as showtime approaches. Which always just hurts hardcore fans and rewards the casuals that only know sweet child.  

LiveNation won't be expecting this tour to do Motley Crue/Def Leppard numbers but it'll be a nice earner for everyone. However it is odd to arrange it in a summer that is so saturated. But hey the US is a big market. 

The shows will sell enough to be considered a success. The band will roll into Asia and Australia again in the winter. 

Just hope there's a new stage production. Maybe a B-stage, acoustic set, hell maybe even dust off the flying piano.

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought Black Sabbath's 13 album was pretty solid.  It even went number one in quite few countries, but it didn't sell tickets. Everyone still wanted to hear the classics. 

I'm so naive that I think that if they made new album and promote it a little bit some of the people who are not fan as us could be interest and like it. I said I'm naive because I think they can do one or two or more maybe songs witch as the level of the classics song

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Can anyone explain to me why Guns aren't as big as Stones in US? It's your band for fuck's sake.

I started to type/summarize the difference between the The Stones and GNR in terms of popularity and had to stop.  It's just too, too, too much.

In summary: The Stones > GNR

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Can anyone explain to me why Guns aren't as big as Stones in US? It's your band for fuck's sake.

Maaaaaybeee, just maybe they keep their members until they leave on their own terms or unless mutal break up is inevitable, where GNR have the best line up possible and become a revolving door for 30 years.

Also, Stones have the best fitting members possible, where anyone can play in Gunners as long as they don't cost much.

As you see, I didn't even go into Axl's and Mick's vocal abilities or Not in this lifetime ending setlist...

That is the short summary

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My point about new music helping ticket sales is that, if it was promoted properly, new music from GNR would be HUGE. I absolutely believe properly promoted new music from GNR would contribute to tons of ticket sales.

Exactly. It's not even about how good or bad the songs are, it's about the hype. The first album from a reunited Axl and Slash will be huge news, that they can easily promote. Get a single on the radio and they're pretty much set... popularity will sell a lot more tickets than nostalgia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

I know this has been a dead horse repeatedly beat but I think GNR is just out of touch with the ticket prices. I think we will all grab PIT under face when the tickets brokers start recouping costs. 

I can see Pit tickets at $100 plus fees in the days/hours leading up the show. StubHub should be a gold mine for GNR fans that have the patience to wait until the last minute....

8 hours ago, downzy said:

Yikes.

Just looked on Ticketmaster at the Toronto gig in July.   I would say 50 to 65 percent of tickets are still available.  Toronto is suppose to be one of GNR's better markets in North America.  I can't see current prices holding (floor tickets running $365; stadium nosebleeds running at $85+).  Perhaps they'll offer ticket upgrades for those in the upper deck.  

Still a long way out from the date, though tickets for the same venue in 2016 sold out in under an hour or so. 

Pit tickets bought and paid for....

tumblr_p47rzqKUVI1v14rjio1_400.gifv

On 2020-02-16 at 6:42 AM, dragan1978 said:

This IRON MAIDEN thing... and as their huge fan too... this was a REMARKABLE JOY to read and see how they care for their fans! 

Up the Irons!

So THIS is why I couldn’t get a paper ticket for the gig I went to.... If it combats touts I’m ok with loosing my printed ticket.

I remember back in the day when PJ were on their Euro tour in 96 the touts advertised in the buy and sell papers, few of us gathered and met a tout. He got face value for the tickets and no kicks in the hole. It was a simpler time then.... 

I only buy  - resell from or to other fans if I’m in the need. Usually through forums like this. I’ve been given better tickets for gigs sometimes than the one I turned up with. It’s a pity this side of gig going might suffer but if paperless tickets are the way to go so be it. 

Anything to see the touts get shafted.

FYI in a separate incident to the above. A 1 legged tout..... Cmon..... What are you asking for.... Free Stones ticket for a friend... 

6 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I get the frustration, for a 5-6 year period they could have been as big as the stones. But they never got the next 10 years.

They Fucked it big time. From 87-93 you got AFD, UYI 1 & 2 and an EP in Lies and cover album with TSI. 

After roughly the same length of time together as GNR were after the above, the  stones were only starting to record Beggars Banquet, with Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main St, yet to come. 

If GNR had put out 4 albums like that or even 2 the story would be different. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I get the frustration, for a 5-6 year period they could have been as big as the stones. But they never got the next 10 years.

They Fucked it big time. From 87-93 you got AFD, UYI 1 & 2 and an EP in Lies and cover album with TSI. 

After roughly the same length of time together as GNR were after the above, the  stones were only starting to record Beggars Banquet, with Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main St, yet to come. 

If GNR had put out 4 albums like that or even 2 the story would be different. 

If my mother had wheels she'd be a bicycle!!

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Exactly. It's not even about how good or bad the songs are, it's about the hype. The first album from a reunited Axl and Slash will be huge news, that they can easily promote. Get a single on the radio and they're pretty much set... popularity will sell a lot more tickets than nostalgia.

I personally think that shoukd have been the approach for the beginning of 2018. I get 2016 and 17 was testing the waters with band chemistry but an album and huge tour should have been the approach for 2018 when  popularity was still abit high

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Definitely. It just takes one song to blow up. And the set will still be stacked with all the classics as they just need to replace covers with new songs. 

• Like 1

On 3.02.2020 at 2:59 PM, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Lol is there honestly anyone who gives a fuck about this? God, how pathetic. The greed is embarrassing. They have 0 reason to tour. This will be the 3rd time they will play (nearly) the exact same show in 4 years. What are these guys trying to be the Grateful Dead, going on a never ending tour? The Grateful Dead could do that because they had a massive catalogue of music, never played a song the same way twice, and never played the same setlist. You are Guns n Roses, you have 4 and a half albums of original material in 33 years, and don’t even play most of it live. Same setlist every time. It’s embarrassing. An underachieving and out of shape Axl is the cherry on top. Make yourselves useful and go in the studio, where at least Axl can be made to sound good with multiple takes and breaks between singing. Please, no one buy a ticket to any show on this tour. Have some self respect and do not support this organization.

I will support and it has nothing yo do with self respect. Don't push or even accuse any of us just because you have your opinion. For some of us it is just fun thing to do watching the band, hanging out before or after the gig etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Tomek1985 said:

I will support and it has nothing yo do with self respect. Don't push or even accuse any of us just because you have your opinion. For some of us it is just fun thing to do watching the band, hanging out before or after the gig etc.

Hell yeah. I'll be meeting up with a crew in London. I'm looking forward to hanging over with them for a few days and rocking out at the show. 

I'm not as excited about the show as I was 2 years ago but it won't be a miserable time! That's for sure

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I was at all 3 of those same shows :)

I'm still very mad at myself for not recording the Fillmore show in 2012. That was an EXCELLENT GNR show and no recordings of it exist. I recorded every other show I saw in that era but didn't record that one for some dumb reason. 

Wow, that's awesome! Interesting there are no recordings. I may have taken a few photos. There are, or were some decent recordings taken at the 2011 show. I recall seeing a few on YouTube.

I remember Axl was sick at the Fillmore show, and he never sang the last part of the November Rain for some reason. My dad thinks he said "We gotta talk" to a band member around that moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Wow, that's awesome! Interesting there are no recordings. I may have taken a few photos. There are, or were some decent recordings taken at the 2011 show. I recall seeing a few on YouTube.

I remember Axl was sick at the Fillmore show, and he never sang the last part of the November Rain for some reason. My dad thinks he said "We gotta talk" to a band member around that moment. 

Thank you for remembering that about November Rain!!! No one else ever remembers that and everyone thinks I'm crazy! I was with my wife and a friend at the show. I had two other friends in the balcony and then there were two other forum members there too. 

Every. Single. Time. I mention that they didn't do the entire end to November Rain, every one looks at me like I'm crazy!

I remember it super clearly. When they got to the part where Axl would play the piano part that starts the last part of the song, he just got up and walked off stage. I remember Bumble looking super confused and he eventually just started his solo spot when he realized they just weren't going to do the end of NR. 

This probably sounds so dumb but I'm so glad to finally have someone else remember this! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Every. Single. Time. I mention that they didn't do the entire end to November Rain, every one looks at me like I'm crazy!

I remember it super clearly. When they got to the part where Axl would play the piano part that starts the last part of the song, he just got up and walked off stage. I remember Bumble looking super confused and he eventually just started his solo spot when he realized they just weren't going to do the end of NR. 

This probably sounds so dumb but I'm so glad to finally have someone else remember this! 

Was it a technical thing or was Axl just being Axl? :lol: