North American Tour Dates Announced

1 hour ago, WildStar said:

10 years too late - You could be right there. But on reflection of the NITL Tour they should have jumped on it in 2018 and took the year off to release new music. The Tour was still fairly fresh and the hype was big. 

Surely not from a financial standpoint. Axl, Slash and Duff probably earn more from 5 arena shows than they would from an album, even if it had a hit or two.

Highly unlikely they would have any songs that provide royalties to their heirs in 50 years like some of the AFD songs.

7 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Surely not from a financial standpoint. Axl, Slash and Duff probably earn more from 5 arena shows than they would from an album, even if it had a hit or two.

Highly unlikely they would have any songs that provide royalties to their heirs in 50 years like some of the AFD songs.

Well yeah but from and artistic point of view you'd think they'd want to. Ticket sales for this tour is down as they're flogging the same old songs.

New music means new merch and makes touring more appealing for fans to buy tickets 

• Like 1

They’re not the only band struggling in terms of sales for a stadium tour .The Stones maps on Ticketmaster have equally as many blue dots or unsold seats for most of their shows as the Guns shows do .At least at the 6 or 7 that I checked out of curiosity  

4 hours ago, gt72 said:

They’re not the only band struggling in terms of sales for a stadium tour .The Stones maps on Ticketmaster have equally as many blue dots or unsold seats for most of their shows as the Guns shows do .At least at the 6 or 7 that I checked out of curiosity  

I was thinking the same thing

8 hours ago, gt72 said:

In Atlanta the only sold out quickly is this teen corean band K-pop. No Rolling Stone, no GNR, no Justin Bieber, but K-pop......

9 hours ago, gt72 said:

Well then the Stones are also probably overcharging, playing venues too big and doing the same old thing to the point where no-one is interested. 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well then the Stones are also probably overcharging, playing venues too big and doing the same old thing to the point where no-one is interested. 

The Stones are trying to cash in for their Gran kids-Gran Kids financial future. The prices on their 2018 tour made Guns Tickets seem cheap 

2 minutes ago, WildStar said:

The Stones are trying to cash in for their Gran kids-Gran Kids financial future. The prices on their 2018 tour made Guns Tickets seem cheap 

It's really no surprise these shows aren't selling is it? People just don't have the money to throw away on things like this. 

11 hours ago, gt72 said:

Yup. I have tickets for Alice Cooper with Lita Ford and Tesla opening. Those ticket shave been onslae for a long time and they have only sold maybe 1/3 of the tickets.  I also have tickets for The Black Crowes who have only sold about 1/3 of the tickets for that show.

2 hours ago, Guigsdaddy said:

It looks like they sold like 500 tix total to the Toronto show.  The whole seat map is blue.  I wonder if they will cancel the show?  By the way Toronto will see anything...

Just curious, did you turn off the "resale" option?

I wish there was a concrete way to tell what tickets have actually been sold

2 hours ago, Guigsdaddy said:

It looks like they sold like 500 tix total to the Toronto show.  The whole seat map is blue.  I wonder if they will cancel the show?  By the way Toronto will see anything...

WOW! GNR only sold 500 tickets in Toronto?!? Isn't Toronto considered the New York City of Canada?
GNR should simply cancel the tour now (blame it on COVID19 "Corona Virus"), and spend time focusing on new music...

Edited by rockphantom

Toronto is Canada's biggest concert market, and while 500 tickets might be hyperbole it's definitely noteworthy. Check out the seat map. You can sit pretty much anywhere in any section - that's how many seats are still blue. It's hard to justify $300 on the same show again with an Axl who sounds progressively worse and no new music on the horizon. Yeah there's $80 up on the roof, but even that doesn't seem worth it at this point unless you missed the band last time.

26 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Toronto is Canada's biggest concert market, and while 500 tickets might be hyperbole it's definitely noteworthy. Check out the seat map. You can sit pretty much anywhere in any section - that's how many seats are still blue. It's hard to justify $300 on the same show again with an Axl who sounds progressively worse and no new music on the horizon. Yeah there's $80 up on the roof, but even that doesn't seem worth it at this point unless you missed the band last time.

GNR should team up with Toronto's own - Rush.  Geddy, Alex, and drummer to-be-named.  That will help sell the tix!

Edited by BadApples87
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Wow that's piss poor. And it's at the Rogers Centre. That's a fair size. The fans will be rattling around in there. It don't sound like you'll need a early entry to get the rail

Jesus. Team Brazil actually did it.  They finally drove the reunion, which started with such a bang in 2016, right into the ground.  They couldn't even sell out US arenas in 2017, a year later.  What the fuck were they thinking announcing a STADIUM tour with no re-branding/new music to promote?  Just unreal, however on-brand.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Jesus. Team Brazil actually did it.  They finally drove the reunion, which started with such a bang in 2016, right into the ground.  They couldn't even sell out US arenas in 2017, a year later.  What the fuck were they thinking announcing a STADIUM tour with no re-branding/new music to promote?  Just unreal, however on-brand.

uhm... don't forget those arenas came after the 2nd US leg and they were more than 90% sold out...

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1