Rolling Stone rip into GNR for announcing the 14th leg of the reunion tour

3 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Setlist the same? Someone here said it...

I can remember the days that gnr played

Chidem, twat, sorry, maddy, prost,this i love better in the same show

Lately we,ve gone from 7 to just 2 chinese songs per show

Yeah, thats right. And to be fair... they also played some deep cuts. But come on... the variation of the show in the last 4 years was not that significant. 

God, i miss the flying piano! 😂

1 minute ago, Strongback said:

It's kinda sad that this article starts to spread and ends up hurting the band/tour sales, but GNR deserves it.
They kept hinting about how they were working on new music and nothing came out of that. If they just publicly acknowledged and said 'we have no plans to release new music' and just named this leg of the tour NITL: Summer 2020 or something like that, this article would have never been made. Instead, they branded this leg like this 'new chapter', an 'all new show'.
If they simply were sincere and openly said everything would be the same for years and years of touring, nobody could blame them for that. But that kind of honesty doesn't sell tickets.

Ya know I would not put it past this band (Axl & TB), if they were trolling us die hards. Announce a new tour with no new music in sight, knowing we'd all get bent out of shape. Just to announce something a few weeks later. I know that's not how it works, but this is GNR

Meh. This has all the impact of a fart in the wind. The band isn't going to sit back and go, "Oh shit, they're right. Let's release that brand new album we've been sitting on at midnight!"

It's all just yelling into the same void as before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

Rolling Stone gave Chinese a glowing review, so it's not like they have a history of hating on GNR and Axl. So there's no way for Fernando and the rest of the brand to hide behind that. 

As far,  as i remember, they also didn't get a worse review for the last tour legs from the  RS...

If you look at it, Rolling Stone is a magazine that is dedicated to not only culture, but music culture...and GN'R hasn't done one thing to further their music or its place in culture since Chinese.

They are basically calling Axl out for living in his own universe and refusing to offer the world one thing that could amount to creativity. 

It should be obvious that a band that strictly tours - does nothing beyond that - would be held in contempt by the magazine because...they offer nothing new to the pages.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Meh. This has all the impact of a fart in the wind. The band isn't going to sit back and go, "Oh shit, they're right. Let's release that brand new album we've been sitting on at midnight!"

It's all just yelling into the same void as before.

Maybe not, but it's music's biggest publication slapping GNR on the wrist for once again misleading fans. That's not for nothing...

5 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

If you look at it, Rolling Stone is a magazine that is dedicated to not only culture, but music culture...and GN'R hasn't done one thing to further their music or its place in culture since Chinese.

They are basically calling Axl out for living in his own universe and refusing to offer the world one thing that could amount to creativity. 

It should be obvious that a band that strictly tours - does nothing beyond that - would be held in contempt by the magazine because...they offer nothing new to the pages.

The ironic thing is that back in 1990, during a phone interview with Howard Stern, Axl criticized Bon Jovi for “living in his own little world.” Funny how things change.

Edited by rocknroll41

It's not the first time this particular RS writer, Andy Greene, has written an article like this on GnR in recent years.

This is one is from the end of 2016

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/5-things-guns-n-roses-should-do-on-their-2017-tour-193131/

and this one a year later, end of 2017:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/where-do-guns-n-roses-go-from-here-123201/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's not the first time this particular RS writer, Andy Greene, has written an article like this on GnR in recent years.

This is one is from the end of 2016

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/5-things-guns-n-roses-should-do-on-their-2017-tour-193131/

and this one a year later, end of 2017:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/where-do-guns-n-roses-go-from-here-123201/

Nice read, thanks!

• Like 1

Good they deserve it! I hope more is coming! I’m a huge supporter of the band and Axl particularly, attended multiple shows on every tour since 02, but I’m not going this year, I just can’t. I’m not demanding they release new music, just be upfront with the fans about future plans and intentions.  

• Like 1

Guys. A random Rolling Stone article isn’t changing anything. Doesn’t really hold much clout in 2020. 

The only thing that matters is if promoters stop paying them a fee that gets them on stage. Then they’ll react with something. Until then, the checks have already been cashed this summer. The shows are happening. Let’s see if they couple this announcement with anything else over the next few weeks. All hope for something different, while not expected, is also not lost 

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Maybe not, but it's music's biggest publication slapping GNR on the wrist for once again misleading fans. That's not for nothing...

But it is for nothing when they're making money and the frontman is Axl Rose. This article will have the same impact as the negative threads on here: Zero.

4 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

But it is for nothing when they're making money and the frontman is Axl Rose. This article will have the same impact as the negative threads on here: Zero.

Riiight, because we all know negative press bounces right off Axl the same way bullets bounce off Superman. :lol:

• Haha 1