Your opinion of GN'R in 2020 (Poll)

What do you think of GnR as a band in 2020?  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m not going to vote because I don’t really agree with either of those options. I love GNR, I love hearing their music and seeing their shows and all that stuff, I just really wish they’d do something aside from non-stop touring. I’ve been to 4 NITL shows and every time it’s still magical seeing Slash, Duff, and Axl share a stage. That was a reality no one thought possible and I’m still grateful that we got it. It’s just frustrating waiting for something to happen when clearly no one in the band cares about doing anything aside from tour and make as much money as possible. I guess thats the best way to describe how I feel about GNR in 2020, frustrating but I’m still a fan and I still gotta love them

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Axl has always been acting like a jerk and or "diva" as you call it. the diff. is the 90s Diva was still a productive Diva.

The current Diva is a broken Diva who can't even sing + being on anti-depressants all the time.

Some might consider my comments rude but believe me Axl deserves all the shit-storm of criticism and bully he receives from hardcore fans 'cause he never gave shit. He just kept blaming heaven and earth and every fucking individual for his failures.

You want to see an ego out of control ?

Look no further than " MY WORLD" on USE YOUR ILLUSION 2

At that stage they were the best and most popular rock band on the earth.

IZZY saw the " AYATOLLAH " as he called AXL and then bailed and then incredibly was denied re-entry to a band he helped create.

GREED GREED GREED

I'm in the middle of these 2 options. I will still go to their shows and find bits great but the amount of covers they play sucks. Their attitude to new music is baffling as if it's weird that bands release new music. 

I guess we're lucky they're around in 2020 but I hope it doesn't end badly. No new music and touring fizzling out. 

I wouldn't say it's a mess but at this point, I am just bored with it.

I was excited to see Axl and Slash play together in 2016 but once that novelty wore off (which was pretty quick for me) it just felt like I was seeing lesser versions of both of them as well as Duff. The VR shows I had seen were far more captivating and energetic and I saw Axl a handful of times in 2006 when he still sounded great. So this felt like watching a reboot of an old movie franchise you love, where you're excited for the name on the poster and because the original actors are back but maybe the director has changed or isn't as hungry as he once was and the writing just isn't there anymore either. It's just a lesser version of what you've always loved.

It's really just become what every other band from their era and previous eras has become...a corporate jukebox tour and in that case, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

• Like 3

I haven’t voted as I’m kinda in between the 2 options. GNR will always be my favourite band and it’s still good Axl Slash and Duff are still out there playing together. 

Had a reunion been done right and/or they operated like a normal band with new music etc then it would’ve  been a still great vote. 

I wouldn’t say the band is a mess but it’s very frustrating with the way Axl /TB are running the band. 

they're a total joke. impossible to defend and have been for years. and it's one thing if people who are somewhat familiar with the band goes to see them live nowadays. but if you've been following them for as long as most here have and you're *still* paying for a ticket and seeing them live? you're a fool. i'm really not interested in any excuses that could be made for axl only barely managing to release one album over the last 20 years. there are none. they don't care so neither should you. go support bands/artists that actually work to justify you supporting them.

While I would love new music I for one quite enjoyed both NITL shows which I had the opportunity to see both concerts have great stories surrounding them for me which also helps. I likely will see them again this year because quite frankly it still is amazing in some regard that Slash and Axl are on stage together.

Endless touring and no new music is bad, but honestly the thing that has affected me the most is the lack of care for the whole copyright nonsense. I know to some it might not seem like anything, but that entire situation really solidified that Team Brazil is extremely incompetent and doesn't care about the fans. I can't get over that the majority of the GNR community on YouTube (plus other websites) is completely gone and ruined because of two "fans" that have nothing better to do. I can't explain to you how disgusted I am that management hasn't done anything about this and potentially had something to do with it.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If there's ever an official book or documentary about this band, it should be called "What Could've Been" or "The Band With The Most Wasted Potential".

They're still my favourite band, but it's sad to see how they've deteriorated.

Foxy 2020! Super stoked they are back.

• Like 1

I voted it’s still great. It’s fantastic to see Axl, Slash and Duff on stage together playing those songs. 

Axl is really the one who destroyed the band though. He was firing mangers, doing media bans and drawing up contracts even in the early days. This along with musical differences pushed the band apart. 

Axl tried to recreate the band but eventually just kept firing managers and pushing band members away. 

He doesn’t seem interested in new music, live DVDs or anything like that. Doesn’t seem interested in doing media or communicating with fans. Doesn’t seem interested in rehearsing or working on vocals. Insists on 2 keyboard players. Insists on playing CD (regardless of what Slash/Duff say publicly) 

Slash and Duff would be in the studio the the minute Axl was ready.

And yet, what could’ve been and what could be is still what makes this band so intriguing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

Endless touring and no new music is bad, but honestly the thing that has affected me the most is the lack of care for the whole copyright nonsense. I know to some it might not seem like anything, but that entire situation really solidified that Team Brazil is extremely incompetent and doesn't care about the fans. I can't get over that the majority of the GNR community on YouTube (plus other websites) is completely gone and ruined because of two "fans" that have nothing better to do. I can't explain to you how disgusted I am that management hasn't done anything about this and potentially had something to do with it.

That's ruined it for me too. I'm still interested in the tour and all that because of Slash but otherwise it's a very sad situation. The YouTube thing is the worst thing to come from all this.