Tom-Ass

Ex-Guns N' Roses Manager Has Theory About Why There Aren't More GNR Albums

I just posted in the new album thread that the fact that only one album of original material has come out since Izzy quit is pretty telling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Oh boy... It's gonna be anotjer IzzyFight Thread lol

Thought it was time to stir some shit up lol

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I just posted in the new album thread that the fact that only one album of original material has come out since Izzy quit is pretty telling.

Your post inspired me to post this. I had already read it the other day

• Like 3

Its evident that they cant write without Izzy. But would Izzys presence and songs be enough to get Axl and Slash to step up to the high standards that they once contributed to Izzys material?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Maybe they can use some of their loot to hire him as a writer....

I'll personally write them a dozen A+ songs for free if that means we get a new album within six months. :lol:

Edited by adamsapple

Key here is for them not to overthink things.

Just release a rnfnr album. Doesn't need to be (and won't be) the greatest album ever. But I'm of the view that a marginally better than average album is better for their legacy than nothing.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I completely agree with Vicky's assessment. Izzy was almost certainly the songwriting glue that knit Guns together.

Indeed, the thing that set made all the influences come together was Izzy. Not having him on the tour guarantees a mediocre album almost. 

• Like 1

Where's the new album?

"Where's Izzy?"

Truth is that the original five had the mojo, and as soon as one, or two, ingredients are substituted the results will not be the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even though Izzy was extremely important and a major contributor, a lot of my favourite songs on UYI didn't have any songwriting input from Izzy, so it's not like they can't write good songs without him.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, action said:

chinese democracy had no heart whatsoever. it was a disjointed mess. izzy's worst written song still has more heart than any song on chinese

117° sounds like something the stones at their prime would have released, and it would have been regarded as a classic

I disagree completely, i love CD though

• Like 1

I do think there is at least a little something to that.  When you look at the GNR discog - the only album of original material written after Izzy left GNR was Chinese Democracy which we all know was Axl and co., and a huge unnecessarily bloated saga in its own right

I don't think Izzy is essential for the big 3 to write songs, however I definitely do think the era he was in GNR and they were a collective unit was a huge reason why GNR were as productive as they were from creation up to the Illusions

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Key here is for them not to overthink things.

Too late for that.  They have already been back together for 4 years.  They have already over thought it all. The reunion was 10 years too late as t was and Axl gets older and worse by the month. They blew it

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, action said:

chinese democracy had no heart whatsoever.

I think it did have heart, but you just couldn't hear it under all the needless overdubs :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1