Ex-Guns N' Roses Manager Has Theory About Why There Aren't More GNR Albums

On 2/12/2020 at 9:54 PM, gnfnrs1972 said:

I'm saying its laughable that people think he contributed so much to gnr's music or success. 

But if you can't tell already,  he is my least favorite. :P

No one is saying he was be it all to end it all. Pretty much everyone has said GnR then was those 4-5 .  Just talking shyt here. That Izzys solo stuff could be a good GnR new music , but it  just needs Duff and Slash to add , change, and rework it. Izzy was a good blueprint.    These 4 guys writing together is not going to happen. 35 years ago was then.                            Now is now.                                                      Truly, truth. People change friendships and grow apart because of their work and things.  Move away . GnR are no different than anyone else. My opinion, they are not really friends anymore. Tour was 4 years in and out of The USA and Izzy never joined them as a guest to play a song or two. He just never went  to any show to just hang out. Steven has finally even stopped groveling .

Edited by Amaya

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

The idea of a "prime" for a song-writer doesn't make sense. Take look at John Williams (Star Wars). Do you know how old he was when he scored those first three movies? He was forty-five years old which--according to the ridiculous theory of a composer having a "prime"--should have meant he would have been unable to pull that off. But he did; and he did with flying colors.

All a song writer (or novelist) has to worry about is how many bullets are in the chamber. Some artists have more (Beatles) and some have less (Stone Temple Pilots), but in the end, that's all there is to it.

A writer doesn't have a prime like an athlete. That's just not how it works.

exactly 

Axl can't write anymore cause hes been on the inflluence post CD 

• Like 1

I don't know about more albums with izzy in the band but I think where izzys absence was noticed was the period after the UYI tour and before slash left. I think izzy was a counter balance more so than duff between axl and slash. This is all supposition on my part  but it may not have solved the issues but if izzy was fully in the band he'd have helped in some way and the others may have stayed longer. 

I understand by prime , a songwriter is not like athlete. @Nintari. I think by prime , pass his prime is that Slash had GnR NITL tour that put him way ahead financially and way in the black in his finances. Not that he wasn't secure before, the divorce was huge. My thinking of pass  his prime is legal stuff. Slash can save his songs and ideas for his own band, SMC. Legally and financially,  just makes life easier

I dont think this has anything to do with it. Supposedly Izzy came in and wrote with Axl many moons ago, Izzy came in and work with Slash in the early VR, and Izzy and Duff have worked together many times over the years. I think the reason GNR doesnt have albums out is because they cant all get on the same schedule to work and put together an album. Touring is a different thing because they are getting paid. They arent getting paid to put out a new album, and they know that if they do put out a new album they probably wont make much money on it.

On 2/15/2020 at 6:12 AM, Amaya said:

No one is saying he was be it all to end it all. Pretty much everyone has said GnR then was those 4-5 .  Just talking shyt here. That Izzys solo stuff could be a good GnR new music , but it  just needs Duff and Slash to add , change, and rework it. Izzy was a good blueprint.    These 4 guys writing together is not going to happen. 35 years ago was then.                            Now is now.                                                      Truly, truth. People change friendships and grow apart because of their work and things.  Move away . GnR are no different than anyone else. My opinion, they are not really friends anymore. Tour was 4 years in and out of The USA and Izzy never joined them as a guest to play a song or two. He just never went  to any show to just hang out. Steven has finally even stopped groveling .

I am not sure im what form of ,,friendship'' they are now, I guess they are in some but everything else you wrote I do agree. 

He was a ,,blueprint", that is the word I was looking for, perfect one!

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 3:21 PM, Nintari said:

The idea of a "prime" for a song-writer doesn't make sense. Take look at John Williams (Star Wars). Do you know how old he was when he scored those first three movies? He was forty-five years old which--according to the ridiculous theory of a composer having a "prime"--should have meant he would have been unable to pull that off. But he did; and he did with flying colors.

All a song writer (or novelist) has to worry about is how many bullets are in the chamber. Some artists have more (Beatles) and some have less (Stone Temple Pilots), but in the end, that's all there is to it.

I mean it more in the way that you are saying there, artists can only come up with so many great ideas, and most of GNR's great ideas were at the start of their careers. When I say prime I didn't really mean literally, wrong choice of words.

17 minutes ago, registra said:

I mean it more in the way that you are saying there, artists can only come up with so many great ideas, and most of GNR's great ideas were at the start of their careers. When I say prime I didn't really mean literally, wrong choice of words.

I know what you mean.  I saw a Bob Dylan interview from the past ten years or so and he said he's amazed at what he created earlier in his career.  He said he wouldn't be able to do that today.

• Like 1

I'm a big Axl defender and Axl is the writer of most of my fav GN'R lyrics, but.... I think there probably is a lot of truth to this.  Looking back at the late 80s and early 90s, Izzy does seem like that magic, steady part that seems to hold it all together when it comes to getting songs started and finished.

You know that video where Izzy talks about going to Axl and playing riffs for him and Axl would critique what he's hearing and Izzy says he would go back to the drawing board and come back and play Axl something else?  You can see that Izzy really is that more soft-spoken, lower maintenance guy who really got the foundation of a lot of songs ready to go and from there the band had something to build on and finish for material.  I mean aren't there stories of NuGuns having a few Izzy tunes they were tinkering around with and didn't Slash mention in one of his books that in the mid 90s he heard some stuff Izzy had been working on and he felt if GN'R had still been around they could have turned these ideas into some of their best material?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

2 hours ago, registra said:

There are bands I listen to that will never write anything as good as their first records and then there are bands who are still writing some of their best stuff while being in their 50’s. It’s different for everyone.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

There are bands I listen to that will never write anything as good as their first records and then there are bands who are still writing some of their best stuff while being in their 50’s. It’s different for everyone.

Yeah, was thinking about this while I was out and the more that I think about the more I disagree with the comment above about John Williams and that artists don't have primes and the comment I made agreeing that they don't ave primes.

Edit:

Changing my mind on this from my earlier comment agreeing with you earlier, artists don't have  primes like athletes but they definitely have creatives primes/peaks. As EvanG said above, many artists don't hit their peak till later in their career, some like John Williams and Hans Zimmer can continue in it throughout their whole career. Many have their creative prime in the first record(as with GNR). I think it's wrong to say that artists don't have periods where they are more creative then other periods in their career, and that it's simply a matter of how many more good ideas they can come up with. Maybe the can go in conjuncture with each other but artists definitely have creative primes.

Edited by registra
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dragan1978 said:

I am not sure im what form of ,,friendship'' they are now, I guess they are in some but everything else you wrote I do agree. 

He was a ,,blueprint", that is the word I was looking for, perfect one!

Hey. Great name. May I ask if you are Serbian or Croatian? I've been meaning to ask you for awhile. I also have that name. 

Edited by Draguns

On 2/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, lame ass security said:

No doubt, it's hard to write when you're tripping balls on a burrito supreme.

lol. you are definitely right, however everyone knows that the following 12 hour after a burrito supreme is spent in the bathroom, where the acoustics are usually pretty good.  Axl could atleast try recording something on his phone while hes in there between grunts.  

"loaded like a frieght train, got some old man butt pains.  hey there Beta, get the hemroid cream tonight"

• Haha 2