First Single Guesses?

What do you think the 1st hypothetical single will be?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Hardschool was the only 'new' song on the alt. setlist last year and was rehearsed. Logic sides with it making the new album and possibly being a single.

Logic ... in GNR land?

The guys probably reworked "Hard School" in rehearsal as well similar to what they did with "Better." I can see Slash changing the entire intro.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Logic ... in GNR land?

The guys probably reworked "Hard School" in rehearsal as well similar to what they did with "Better." I can see Slash changing the entire intro.

That would be cool. The intro wasn't too strong. The Slash/Duff intro to Better is fantastic 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I'm hoping the reported dismal ticket sales will ring some kind of bell and possibly expedite a single and/or album announcement.

Man, GA pit was still available for Wrigley last I checked (yesterday). Insane compared to their last run of US shows where it was difficult to  get pit.

8 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Man, GA pit was still available for Wrigley last I checked (yesterday). Insane compared to their last run of US shows where it was difficult to  get pit.

This is the 3rd time they're charging these prices for what so far appears to be the same show.  I don't know many people that are willing to throw down $600 for a pair of tickets to a show they've seen already, many more than once in 2016 & 2017.  I'm a die hard GNR fan, and I sure as shit won't.   Looking at it from that perspective, with no "new paint" this tour is going to really fucking struggle.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Millions said:

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think anything we've heard is nearly good enough for a single. A couple of them would be okay filler, or maybe as 2nd rate songs - but there are no big hitters yet. 

I dunno. If you look at Hardschool as an unfinished demo, which is exactly what it is, then I think it has loads of potential...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RONIN said:

They're so lazy it would probably be some old demo from the 80's like Crash Diet. 

Axl certainly appears to be creatively bankrupt as far as his public output of new and exciting music goes.  And I really don't care what he may or may not be tinkering on with his piano secluded somewhere in Malibu.  As far as his legacy goes, it's been 14 songs since UYI, and that was 1991. To put that in perspective, I was in Kindergarten then, and am now a married 34 year old with two kids. 

It's also why I'm one of the folks who thinks it's gravy if this album, assuming it comes, it made up of mostly Chi Dem era tracks, since the folks who wrote those songs were inspired for them to actually be something special.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Axl certainly appears to be creatively bankrupt and far as his public output of new and exciting music goes.  And I really don't care what he may or may not be tinkering on with his piano secluded somewhere in Malibu.  As far as his legacy goes, it's been 14 songs since UYI, and that was 1991. To put that in perspective, I was in Kindergarten then, and am now a married 34 year old with two kids. 

It's also why I'm one of the folks who thinks it's gravy if this album, assuming it comes, it made up of mostly Chi Dem era tracks, since the folks who wrote those songs were inspired for them to actually be something special.

Exactly how I feel. I hope if there's ever any forthcoming album, it's 100% pulled from the 90's/early 00's when there was still some fire in these guys. New material from current day Axl and Slash would likely be a major letdown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Exactly how I feel. I hope if there's ever any forthcoming album, it's 100% pulled from the 90's/early 00's when there was still some fire in these guys. New material from current day Axl and Slash would likely be a major letdown.

Right on. I'd gladly take tracks written by pissed off 38 year old Axl, with Slash ironically playing cool riffs over songs fueled by Axl's hatred of him. :lol:

And what's 58 year old Axl got to gripe about these days besides Donald Trump and fans who refuse to pay $600 for GNR tickets?

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

I would prefer early 90s 2000s with at least one new track written by current bsnd. At least to see how good it maybe.

If this is going to be old CD leftovers written or played by previous members just release that onto a boxset for the CD fans.

• Like 1

I read on another forum that Axl was going to debut Oklahoma (now Berlin of course) at HOB 2001 but switched it out for Riad. Considering he said in those days they were playing songs they weren't considering releasing as singles, maybe it has potential? The instrumental sounds like classic GNR but with a modern twist.