First Single Guesses?

What do you think the 1st hypothetical single will be?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Remastered jumpin jack flash.

They already remastered Jumping Jack for the AFD boxset two years ago, so that ship has sailed, and Axl sold the rights to Crash Diet to another band back in 1992, so that one is off the table too.

Aint Goin’ Down with Vocals is still a strong possibility, tho.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

They already remastered Jumping Jack for the AFD boxset two years ago, so that ship has sailed, and Axl sold the rights to Crash Diet to another band back in 1992, so that one is off the table too.

I’ll be shocked if that song isn’t the selling point for the UYI boxset. 

Clean up the demo and release it, or just have Axl record new vocals over the instrumental backing track that they used for the pinball machine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thats true but they remastered SOYL and tauted that as a new single!. That wont stop them from doing the same thing to jumping jack flash...

6 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Crash Diet or Sentimental Movie would be awesome. Never been a fan of BIBH - although weirdly always liked Too Much Too Soon?!?

I think they sold Crash Diet off though, didn't they? It has at least been recorded by two other bands. Too Much Too Soon is a great song. Just Another Sunday was fun as well. I love all that shit. Too bad they never got official releases.

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think they sold Crash Diet off though, didn't they? It has at least been recorded by two other bands. Too Much Too Soon is a great song. Just Another Sunday was fun as well. I love all that shit. Too bad they never got official releases.

I guess they could still do crash diet albeit unlikely as you say with the other releases. Even better quality versions of those demos would do!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think Crash Diet was never a GNR song to begin with. It's another West Arkeen input. Might be wrong.

The two songs you mentioned (TMTS & JAS) are my favorites out of the unreleased UYI era. Bring It Back Home would've been great with a proper recording too.
I mean, same-period demo of The Garden for instance was shit, yet the released version is fine. Many of these songs could have been at least better fillers than some released stuff.

10 minutes ago, Nizaraul7 said:

I think Crash Diet was never a GNR song to begin with. It's another West Arkeen input. Might be wrong.

You are correct. Written by Arkeen, Axl, Del James and Danny Clarke (but likely mostly Arkeen). When Axl decided not to do anything with it for GN'R, Arkeen was free to sell it to other bands, which he did. He sold it to Asphalt Ballet who released it on their second album. Clarke, one of the co-writers of the song, was the guitar player in Asphalt Ballet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Man, if they really come out with a cover or some Illusion leftover like Ain't going down...how sad and lame that would be. 

I’ll be honest - I’d LOVE a proper version of AGD. All the bootlegs of the UYI era version were pretty low quality sounding.

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I’ll be honest - I’d LOVE a proper version of AGD. All the bootlegs of the UYI era version were pretty low quality sounding.

I dig that song as well, a definite version is very welcome. As a bonus track or a B-side or something, but not as the lead single for THE NEXT CHAPTER, lol.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I dig that song as well, a definite version is very welcome. As a bonus track or a B-side or something, but not as the lead single for THE NEXT CHAPTER, lol.

Well - I’ll take anything to be fair! Personally think it will be used for any UYI anniversary stuff anyways. I’d wager a version of Hardschool will likely be the one. 👍

13 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

The version of Ain’t going down with full vocals (not the pinball version) absolutely kicks ass

Agreed - pity the sound quality is so poor on the versions floating about. I take it no-one ‘cleaned it up’ - I know there are a few techy people on here who have done some amazing things with low quality recordings?

15 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Agreed - pity the sound quality is so poor on the versions floating about. I take it no-one ‘cleaned it up’ - I know there are a few techy people on here who have done some amazing things with low quality recordings?

if some one wants to send me a copy I will have a go - I am a part time audio engineer with pro gear

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I actually did that a couple of years ago. Tried to make it sound more polished, unfortunately there are some Cracks/Pops in it, but it sounds kinda cool. Where should I upload it to? Direct links are not allowed, right?