Friends HBO Reunion Special

AtariLegend

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You great fairy you :lol: 

It's not like it was one of my things when I was a kid, but everyone did watch it. There's still 3 or 4 channels that still show 4 episodes of repeats every day.

Sky and Channel 4 used to do nothing show episodes of friends every day.

I do have a certain fondness though for things that remind me of being a child in the 90s.

Edited by AtariLegend

9 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

It's not like it was one of my things when I was a kid, but everyone did watch it. There's still 3 or 4 channels that still show 4 episodes of repeats every day.

Sky and Channel 4 used to do nothing show episodes of friends every day.

I do have a certain fondness though for things that remind me of being a child in the 90s.

Don't excuse yourself, man!

Of course it was cheesy but so are most American sitcoms. I think the reason why they stood out and have become the most popular sitcom of all time is because of the quality and quantity of the jokes. A lot of sitcoms have a nice concept and funny characters but they lack good jokes. Friends managed to have a decent joke every 30 or 40 seconds throughout most episodes and they kept that up for ten years. 

Edited by EvanG

Yeah, watched Friends and sometimes I still watch it. It's on a local channel every night.

If this series comes back, I hope Ross and Rachel are divorced because I never liked them together and thought if the show continued they never would have gotten married for the sake of a baby. You can co-parent by not being married.

I do hope Monica got less OCD and her and Chandler are still married and have wonderful kids they have adopted.

I always thought Joey was the funniest character. Love him.

Never liked Phobie either. So damn annoying. But I guess she and her husband are still happy.

I don't know how you can have the same show in this time.

Back then people actually talked to each other face to face. Now they would all be on the phone or a tablet or whatever. Maybe if Friends does come back, people will start to actually talk to each other again while having coffee. lol

I have HBO/Max so I will definitely check it out.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, watched Friends and sometimes I still watch it. It's on a local channel every night.

If this series comes back, I hope Ross and Rachel are divorced because I never liked them together and thought if the show continued they never would have gotten married for the sake of a baby. You can co-parent by not being married.

I do hope Monica got less OCD and her and Chandler are still married and have wonderful kids they have adopted.

I always thought Joey was the funniest character. Love him.

Never liked Phobie either. So damn annoying. But I guess she and her husband are still happy.

I don't know how you can have the same show in this time.

Back then people actually talked to each other face to face. Now they would all be on the phone or a tablet or whatever. Maybe if Friends does come back, people will start to actually talk to each other again while having coffee. lol

I have HBO/Max so I will definitely check it out.

image.png.0d94a8d88b699927ade4d9615440a03c.png

• Haha 3

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

But like... in character? Or just the actors being their true selves and just reflecting on the show? Cause if it’s the latter, then that’s boring imo!

I think it'll be the latter and I agree it'll be boring. 

I'm sure it'll be a lot of "Oh I remember shooting that scene because you kept cracking up!" lololol. That type of sfuff and / or "we were really a family and we still are" etc etc. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think it'll be the latter and I agree it'll be boring. 

I'm sure it'll be a lot of "Oh I remember shooting that scene because you kept cracking up!" lololol. That type of sfuff and / or "we were really a family and we still are" etc etc. 

Yeah that sounds most likely what it’ll be, like, verbatim.