Friends HBO Reunion Special

AtariLegend

23 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why do American sitcoms all look bright and orangey? They all have this look, as if all the colours have been turned up.

it's a good base, a way to set the tone/mood for many of the people who like to watch bad American sitcoms so they are more inclined to laugh. Like a Major chord in music. It's somewhat like how weather affects the suicide rate so bright colors and a laugh track are important ingredients when you put together that type of a show.

many crime shows use a muted and darker color palette for example. 

How I big-banged your mother are 2 more shows that are really the worst with the bright colors, laugh track, and essentially the same 4-5 bad jokes on repeat but it's also partly why those shows found huge success

It's junk tv like fast food imo. Part of the formula.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Scrubs was really brilliant. It could easily be dismissed based on its structure and apparent superficiality, but it was really emotional.

Shows like Scrubs were if I'm not mistaken one of the first shows that moved away from merely that sitcom formula and showed besides comedy also a more dramatic approach. This worked really well in Scrubs in my opinion because of the many original characters, and in addition to the main characters it had many minor characters that added a lot to the series. Like the Janitor, Ted, Todd, Laverne, etc.

A show like Scrubs also introduced me to a lot of great songs. I love it when a show does that.

I just found out that Ted's a cappella group in Scrubs was his actual band. I'm listening to them right now and they are great.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 9:39 AM, EvanG said:

A show like Scrubs also introduced me to a lot of great songs. I love it when a show does that.

I just found out that Ted's a cappella group in Scrubs was his actual band. I'm listening to them right now and they are great.

LOVE that show and the music they used. Crista Miller chose all the songs for Scrubs. She continued doing the same for CougarTown as well. 

On 3/3/2020 at 4:27 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Another Scrubs fan. A most excellent show! :thumbsup:

On 3/3/2020 at 12:29 PM, SoulMonster said:

Scrubs was really brilliant. It could easily be dismissed based on its structure and apparent superficiality, but it was really emotional.

Didn't know there were other Scrubs fans on here! 

• Like 3

On 8.3.2020 at 3:14 AM, RussTCB said:

LOVE that show and the music they used. Crista Miller chose all the songs for Scrubs. She continued doing the same for CougarTown as well. 

Didn't know there were other Scrubs fans on here! 

How can you not like Scrubs??

On 2020-02-25 at 12:45 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't say sitcoms are something I am overly keen on in toto to be honest. The British comedies you listed as liking? I have seen none of them. I had this conversation awhile back with Len, how I hadn't actually seen Bottom or The Young Ones. Shocking I know! When I was growing up I preferred watching films. An entire British cultural experience, that Len, Dazey et al. absorbed, completely evaded me. 

There is only so much stuff you can possibly watch!  

Bottom was genius, Friday night telly was the business back in the 90s. I’m liking the Windsor’s, but I like most of Harry Enfields stuff....