adamsapple

COVID-19 Outbreak

43 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Probably same here then bollocks. I'll have an Indian then. They'll definately still be delivering they don't give a fuck those boys.

I think they shut in my area of their own accord because nobody was using them as a consequence of Corona. Some will be open, surely? I will find out more information when I get around to trying to purchase one. Had fish and chips yesterday, and before that an Indian. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Most of the Chinese takeaways in my area are closed. 

My favorite joint was closed but i called last week and they were open again thankfully.

Szechuan beef with yellow rice is my go-to. They put onions in the rice and it is godly.

10 hours ago, downzy said:

It’s looking good for New Zealand. They might be the first country to be free and clear of the virus. 

Yeah hopefully and maybe we can lessen the aftermath. Even if we were to completely succeed I won't be celebrating until you're all out of the woods too of course. So surreal that it's everywhere.

It's heartbreaking that there's lots of poor people who have lost their jobs and are neck deep in desperation rn...bleach?! Honestly still not over that.

8 hours ago, action said:

that's because you guys seem to have a very low amount of infected travelers. No one knows where new zealand is :P

Reveal hidden contents

I just made this up though, otherwise my joke would misfire

Most infected here were travellers we even had a bunch of people from Wuhan which were seemingly casually let in before we got serious about this. I hope you were joking when you said on the previous page you only want to lookout for your family and were tiring of social distancing or washing your hands!

We have very low community spread because basically all of us are strictly social distancing and being clean. I pointed this out to encourage you that it isn't all for naught. But yeah we really are in the middle of fucking nowhere lol so this does help plus our logistics are on a much smaller scale due to smaller population than most places.

5 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I turned 40 today and I've just read that I've now moved into a higher risk category than yesterday.  I'm gonna order a Chinese later and have the sweet and sour rat, fuck it nothing to lose now 😄

Happy birthday mate

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

400 odd deaths in the In the UK today thats about 50% down from yesterday if im not wrong

It’s because some of  the people who compile the numbers are not working over the weekend. Expect it to stay low tomorrow then jump back up to 600-700 ish on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

So it looks like the US is going to surpass a million confirmed infections and the number of deaths in the Vietnam war on the same day tomorrow. Wow! 

18 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So it looks like the US is going to surpass a million confirmed infections and the number of deaths in the Vietnam war on the same day tomorrow. Wow! 

I wouldn't be too cocky. We have just surpassed the 1st day of the Somme. 

7- 8 weeks of  shut down this week. Cont. How much longer? I think, I hope it will be over soon. 

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

right and North Korea and china have zero new cases and deaths.

Unless you are a 1%'er that lives in a cabin in the woods and stockpiled on canned beans and rice, you're going to get it. 

The best you can hope for is to be in the (allegedly) 80% that don't get very sick. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

right and North Korea and china have zero new cases and deaths.

I love that we now measure the performance of the President of the United States against tinpot dictators and authoritarian regimes. :lol: 

I mean when you're defending Trump by saying at least he's better than Kim Jung Un you're really reaching.

"Hey, at least he's not fed anybody to the lions this week!" Eat your heart out George Washington! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 3

At this rate we may as well just open everything up and hope for the best. It is quite obvious world leaders from every country failed humanity, and there is nothing we can do about it.

21 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

At this rate we may as well just open everything up and hope for the best.

And have your health care system overwhelmed like what happened in Italy?

22 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

It is quite obvious world leaders from every country failed humanity, and there is nothing we can do about it.

No, that certainly isn't "quote obvious". Different world leaders have handled this differently, from very good to very bad. And if you happen to not approve of your world leader and how he has dealt with it, then just vote the orange buffoon out on the earliest opportunity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnold layne said:

At this rate we may as well just open everything up and hope for the best. It is quite obvious world leaders from every country failed humanity, and there is nothing we can do about it.

1- Opening everything up is antithetical to hoping for the best.

2- where do you get your news from? 

7 hours ago, arnold layne said:

is quite obvious world leaders from every country failed humanity, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Germany, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan and a few others beg to differ. 

7 hours ago, arnold layne said:

The problem is it doesn't matter what the issue is the whole world and its leader are never going to agree.

Everyone will always have there own way of dealing with situations.

Starting to think anti-Trumpism is as much of a disease as Corona. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

I love that we now measure the performance of the President of the United States against tinpot dictators and authoritarian regimes. :lol: 

I mean when you're defending Trump by saying at least he's better than Kim Jung Un you're really reaching.

"Hey, at least he's not fed anybody to the lions this week!" Eat your heart out George Washington! :lol: 

Do you know what Sarcasm is? Cause clearly you don't

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

if you think it's bad now imagine what it will be like if he gets re-elected. 

18 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Do you know what Sarcasm is? Cause clearly you don't

Wasn’t that Trump’s excuse for telling people to drink bleach? :lol: 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

People are against terrible policy, attacks on the constitution and press, incompetency and oh... telling people to put bleach into their bodies.

This idea that people are only espousing a specific view to project something inauthentic is so fucking dumb. People dont oppose Trump for points. No one does that in general either, lol.

You see this defeated, sad, ineffectual defence mounted by everyone online who cant defend their silly positions. Like 'Oh, you care about poverty, you must be virtue signalling.' Or 'Oh you arent a misogynistt troll? You must just be white-knighting.'  Or 'Oh, You're anti-Trump, you must be trying to be trendy." The obvious translation is 'Im fleeing conversation because I have nothing to say other than name calling ("diseased") and attribution.'

Please make it stop! :lol:

• Like 2

Has anyone seen the videos or read the articles  by Dr John Ioannidis ? He has an interesting take on the Covid crisis.Obviously this is a serious situation that is unprecedented and I and my family  have closed our business which is considered essential(we will be reopening next week ) so I’m not taking the situation lightly by any stretch of the imagination. Just curious to what others think of this mans position if they have in fact heard or seen what his studies have shown ?

12 minutes ago, gt72 said:

Has anyone seen the videos or read the articles  by Dr John Ioannidis ? He has an interesting take on the Covid crisis.Obviously this is a serious situation that is unprecedented and I and my family  have closed our business which is considered essential(we will be reopening next week ) so I’m not taking the situation lightly by any stretch of the imagination. Just curious to what others think of this mans position if they have in fact heard or seen what his studies have shown ?

I think his most recent study is utter horseshit:

https://undark.org/2020/04/24/john-ioannidis-covid-19-death-rate-critics/

Some of these researchers are starting out with a theory and seem to warp their findings to prove their theory.  They also have no means of explaining the explosive number of deaths in places like Italy and New York. Finally, they love to play up the fact that the number of infected are being underreported but make little to no mention of deaths also being underreported.

It’s a shame that some well credentialed and respected scientists and researches are giving in to junk science just to make a name for themselves. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not a big surprise someone like yourself would think that. 

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think his most recent study is utter horseshit:

https://undark.org/2020/04/24/john-ioannidis-covid-19-death-rate-critics/

Some of these researchers are starting out with a theory and seem to warp their findings to prove their theory.  They also have no means of explaining the explosive number of deaths in places like Italy and New York. Finally, they love to play up the fact that the number of infected are being underreported but make little to no mention of deaths also being underreported.

It’s a shame that some well credentialed and respected scientists and researches are giving in to junk science just to make a name for themselves. 

Not a big surprise someone like yourself would think that. 

I’m thinking along the same lines of you I’ve been pretty much a hermit except for going for a run early every day and occasional trips to store so I’m being cautious.My buddy thinks this is another “flu” he turned me on to some of this doctors claims so I was just curious as to what others thought.