adamsapple

COVID-19 Outbreak

even trump now admits the benefit of mouth masks, richly too late.

I think you're in bad company, when you've dismissed mouth masks all this time... just like trump did

5 hours ago, action said:

even trump now admits the benefit of mouth masks, richly too late.

I think you're in bad company, when you've dismissed mouth masks all this time... just like trump did

Me? I have never "dismissed mouth masks all the time". I think face masks is a great thing for health care people who work with COVID-19 patients and for other people who might get in contact with sick people and where social distancing is difficult. It is proven beyond doubt that they work, which is why health care people have been using masks to protects themselves from infectious diseases since long before COVID-19. Do you want me to repeat the reasons why it can in some situations be stupid to wear face masks? Like when there is little to no probability of getting in contact with sick people? And when there is a limited supply of face masks which must be prioritized to health care people? Do you really want me to go over all this again? And explain to you why some countries initially advised against face masks but later, as availability and infection numbers increased, recommended or even made them mandatory? You know what, I think that would be a waste of time for both of us ;)

Numbers sill are up in Texas. finally, the beaches in Galveston are closed for the holiday weekend. It's like a little too late if you ask me.

More patients admitted to the hospitals too.

I can't believe Texas still wants to open schools on August 10. The news said last night that teachers still have to sign up for the new school year. 65% don't want schools to open and feel it just won't be safe for them or the kids.

I was watching CNN and they were talking to a big shot pediatrician and she was saying how kids needs to be social and interact with one another, especially kids with disabilities and learning problems.  When the news woman asked her what would happen if one kid gets the virus and spreads it all around. Well, like I figured, she said it would be the schools and the local governments job to keep kids and teachers safe. I was bitching like crazy watching this. How can you say open schools for the kids to learn and socialize, but don't have any answers if a child gets sick and spreads it.

Over 600 kids have the corona virus now which was spread through day care. Parents going back to work without anyone to care for their kdis have to put them in daycare and this is what happens?

It seems no matter how clean and sanitizing you do, this virus will find a way in.

I want my daughter to get a good education, but I mostly want her safe as well as the teachers and the other kids. 

If schools and the governments don't have a great way to do this, then push the school date back.

NYC, which usually begins schools after Labor day, has no idea if/when their schools will open. Why doesn't Texas and the rest of the country do the same thing?

I have to decide in a few weeks whether my child goes to school in person or does her work online. We've all seen how shitty that was in the spring. Teachers are stressing out over this too.

many of whom have their own kids and don't want to get sick. having back up teachers isn't reassuring either. You know if this virus gets just one person, that whole school will go down.

Every doctor is telling all of us to stay inside, wear a mask and distance, how can kids do this in school and on a school bus everyday? Many of the parents that live in my city have to work, so I would say tons of kids will probably attend school in person, but I don't feel that our kids/teachers will be safe enough.

One of the hospitals in Dallas, had to open up a 4th floor for covid 19 patients. I mean do you realize how many people are sick with this virus that they are hospitalized immediately now?

Also a doctor on today in a San Antonio hospital was saying how patients respond better to giving them blood transfusions with more anti bodies. he even admitted that ventilators can be worse for patients because it's giving them oxygen into diseased organs. 

It seems doctors are learning about what to do each day, yet some patients do respond to a ventilators. If doctors aren't 100 % sure what to do, how can we as parents be confident that schools will be safe for our kids?

Posted (edited)

Almost 54,000 new cases today and the final numbers aren't even in yet. Fuckface's strategy as you can see above is "I hope it's just going to disappear". :lol: 

n3MmOnd.jpg 

Edited by Dazey

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Me? I have never "dismissed mouth masks all the time". I think face masks is a great thing for health care people who work with COVID-19 patients and for other people who might get in contact with sick people and where social distancing is difficult. It is proven beyond doubt that they work, which is why health care people have been using masks to protects themselves from infectious diseases since long before COVID-19. Do you want me to repeat the reasons why it can in some situations be stupid to wear face masks? Like when there is little to no probability of getting in contact with sick people? And when there is a limited supply of face masks which must be prioritized to health care people? Do you really want me to go over all this again? And explain to you why some countries initially advised against face masks but later, as availability and infection numbers increased, recommended or even made them mandatory? You know what, I think that would be a waste of time for both of us ;)

You know what I really don't understand?  Why are people driving in their cars alone with a mask and rubber gloves?  I see a dozen or so people every day doing this.  Who are they protecting themselves from exactly?

Edited by Swampfox
Edit

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

You know what I really don't understand?  Why are people driving in their cars alone with a mask and rubber gloves?  I see a dozen or so people every day doing this.  Who are they protecting themselves from exactly?

You're supposed to wash your hands right before putting the mask on, so it's not contaminated. So it was suggested to put it on at home right before you leave and keep it on until you get home, take it off and immediately wash your hands again. 

So I think it's people following those guidelines.

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

Maybe they are going from a place with people to a place with people and don't take it off in between? Ideally you should handle the mask as little as possible so from an epidemiology viewpoint it makes sense to keep it on until you are back home.

So happy I don't have to think about face masks. Since this all started I have only seen people wearing masks three times here in Norway. 

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe they are going from a place with people to a place with people and don't take it off in between? Ideally you should handle the mask as little as possible so from an epidemiology viewpoint it makes sense to keep it on until you are back home.

So happy I don't have to think about face masks. Since this all started I have only seen people wearing masks three times here in Norway. 

I don't get why anybody outside of a clinical setting would be wearing gloves. Surely a virus on a glove is just as virussy as a virus on your hands? Unless this has mutated to spread via skin contact that is. Also if you're wearing gloves wouldn't you be be less inclined to sanitise or wash your hands?

UK confirms anyone landing in England from 10th July will NO LONGER have too self isolate this is for Spain France Germany Italy full list will be published this after noon 

57 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I don't get why anybody outside of a clinical setting would be wearing gloves. Surely a virus on a glove is just as virussy as a virus on your hands? Unless this has mutated to spread via skin contact that is. Also if you're wearing gloves wouldn't you be be less inclined to sanitise or wash your hands?

If you fear you have handled surfaces with the virus I suppose you can just throw away the gloves and won't have to wash your hands. Seems like an expensive protection to me, compared to just washing your hands, I mean. Yeah, I don't see much use for them either and I suppose there aren't since health authorities don't recommend them.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

If you fear you have handled surfaces with the virus I suppose you can just throw away the gloves and won't have to wash your hands. 

At which point you then need to put on another pair of gloves or simply wash your hands negating the reason for the wearing of the first pair of gloves. :lol: 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I think the gloves give people a false sense of security.  It's probably worse than not wearing them at all.  I constantly use hand sanitizer but I've never thought to use it on a pair of gloves.

Just now, Dazey said:

At which point you then need to put on another pair of gloves or simply wash your hands negating the reason for the wearing of the first pair of gloves. :lol: 

You mean because you touch your skin while removing the gloves? Nah, one can easily take off gloves without touching one's own skin. I have handled enough bugs and chemicals to be skilled in that :lol:

3 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I think the gloves give people a false sense of security.  It's probably worse than not wearing them at all.  I constantly use hand sanitizer but I've never thought to use it on a pair of gloves.

My point exactly. To me gloves are only of any use in a clinical setting where you put them on to carry out a specific task then remove them immediately afterwards.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

You mean because you touch your skin while removing the gloves? Nah, one can easily take off gloves without touching one's own skin. I have handled enough bugs and chemicals to be skilled in that :lol:

No I just mean that if you wear gloves then take off the gloves and wash your hands you're not really doing anything more than if you'd just washed your hands in the first place and not bothered with the gloves at all.

I saw that Canada is doing better getting ahead of the virus. Maybe America should see what they are doing? 

Florida had near 10,000 new cases. Texas cases are up too.

A doctor in San Antonio said he had 10 patients come into the hospital yesterday under 30 years of age with the virus and they were pretty sick. He only had 3 beds left. I don't know what this doctor did but I'm sure it was very hard for him to decide who got the beds.

I think Trump should make an announcement that we should listen to Dr. Fauci when it comes to the virus and do everything he says. 

We are all in the first wave, I don't want to know what the second wave will be like.

Stay well people.

Went to Walmart today. Everyone had masks on which was a good thing. I even wore mine going in and out of my car.

Not many people, but I do know that online shopping has gone up. I might have to consider this way of shopping soon. I hate going to Walmart where as before I liked going up and down the aisles. Now I just want to get in and out as fast as possible.

Thank goodness for all the workers that are there everyday doing their best jobs for us shoppers.

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

My point exactly. To me gloves are only of any use in a clinical setting where you put them on to carry out a specific task then remove them immediately afterwards.

No I just mean that if you wear gloves then take off the gloves and wash your hands you're not really doing anything more than if you'd just washed your hands in the first place and not bothered with the gloves at all.

I heard that wearing gloves just spreads germs to all you touch. It's better to wear sanitizer. Not sure anymore, but I wear a mask and put sanitizer on my hands when I go to Walmart. Now I think of all the germs that were there before this virus and how many times we could have gotten sick by other germs. Yuck!

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

A doctor in San Antonio said he had 10 patients come into the hospital yesterday under 30 years of age with the virus and they were pretty sick. He only had 3 beds left. I don't know what this doctor did but I'm sure it was very hard for him to decide who got the beds.

My wife's brother is a doctor in San Antonio. He said it's crazy over there.

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, I see it on our local news. That's where that doctor had to decide who to give the last 3 beds to out of the 10 people who came into his ER.

One hospital in Dallas had to add another corona floor. They have 4 floors now full of patients with the virus. 

the one hospital that was in my area closed. I would have to travel to the next town over or by my doctor to go to that hospital for care. I don't even want to think about it. There is a testing area right by my house, but they are recommending unless you have a fever or other symptoms don't attempt to get tested because you might use a test someone who is ill may need.

Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore?

My ex husband put my daughter in summer camp starting on Monday and I'm freaking out.  The judge in Dallas country said don't send kids to camp, but he won't listen.

I will have her on weekends until August. God forbid she gets sick. My parents want to see her when she is with me and I will have to worry about them too.

This whole thing is making me so stressed out like the rest of us. 

Just wish Trump was right and it was just go away, but that's not going to happen.

Stay well.

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I see it on our local news. That's where that doctor had to decide who to give the last 3 beds to out of the 10 people who came into his ER.

My brother-in-law is an ER doctor. Had to check for a moment that it wasn't him in the news. :lol: It's actually quite worrying because he's a great big fat fuck so he's going to get really sick if he catches the virus. :(

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

My brother-in-law is an ER doctor. Had to check for a moment that it wasn't him in the news. :lol: It's actually quite worrying because he's a great big fat fuck so he's going to get really sick if he catches the virus. :(

God! i hope not. My mom's cousin has two daughters who are nurses in Florida hospitals. One did get the virus, but she's okay now. Her other daughter went back to work on Monday and had corona virus patients. Luckily, now they finally got the correct medical gear they all need. Before they only had those light masks. Now they have the ones with the plexi glass that protects your whole face.

I do hope your brother-in-law stays well and thank him for doing such a great job through all of this. Crazy times.

I saw VP Pence meet the Florida Governor today and they both had masks on. Meanwhile, the Gov of Florida will not make wearing a mask mandatory. Florida has seen the worse numbers so far.What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Posted (edited)

My aunt who is in her upper 70’s just got diagnosed as covid 19 positive .She survived a bout with Polio as a child,she is a very resilient woman hoping she’ll get through this ok.She lived in an assisted living facility as she had broke her hip a few years ago and after surgery it left her mostly bound to a wheelchair as her walking was somewhat difficult for her her whole life after she contacted polio.She complained of labored breathing 5/6 days ago but her subsequent covid test was negative,yesterday her test came back positive.Makes me wonder how accurate these tests are as she says she feels mosty ok now but when she didn’t feel great she tested negative .She had been in isolation after her roommate tested positive and was admitted to a hospital for her symptoms  .Leaves me to wonder if a person like ourselves who didn’t get tested so frequently as she did because of a known exposure the rate at which someone would test negative yet have the virus at the time 

Edited by gt72
Misspelled words

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

That seems a bit counter-intuitive for a doctor.

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

It is. My brother lives there...last weekend San Antonio residents got an emergency text message to stay home because of sky rocketing COVID case #s. It's bad. 

6 hours ago, Graeme said:

That seems a bit counter-intuitive for a doctor.

I had a professor once teaching a class in toxicology who spent his lecture breaks smoking cigarettes.

EcA2TLXX0AAvloZ?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1