adamsapple

COVID-19 Outbreak

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I doubt the virus has changed, so maybe you have become better at sheltering the weakest like avoiding outbreak at homes for the elderly. That would certainly reduce the death rates. 

Yeah I would say that is accurate. Most of the senior citizens are still at home mainly and now that the states are open, people are working and children are out and about it is all of them getting infected....I just hope that it does not mean that they spread it to their older family members, but that may happen. :( Its just a mess in the US. Fuck.

Edited by marlingrl03

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

I was just kidding... 

It doesn't recognise jokes.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I doubt the virus has changed, so maybe you have become better at sheltering the weakest like avoiding outbreak at homes for the elderly. That would certainly reduce the death rates. 

Also it's not the old folk acting like a bunch of rabid animals in the newly re-opened bars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Also it's not the old folk acting like a bunch of rabid animals in the newly re-opened bars.

True that!

48 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, we've more young people infected here now too. Those are the ones going to bars and restaurants more than older people.

13 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't get why we don't see more deaths in USA now. The increase in cases from mid-June should have resulted in deaths at more than 2k per day by now, but it has hardly increased at all. Is it because the death rate has fallen due to better hospital practises, that there aren't really more cases just more testing, or a new protocol for assigning deaths resulting in less people being declared dead by COVID?

The doctors said the death rate is slower than the virus rate right now, but it'll come.

Trump is on now talking about how the rest of the world's schools are open and doing fine. yeah, but those countries waited until the virus was down. 

States like Texas, Florida and California virus rates have gone way up. Houston and San Antonio's hospital are almost to capacity. The doctors are having to turn people away and that is heartbreaking for them and the people who are sick.

Another Dallas senior home had to be evacuated because of the virus yet Trump in on tv now lying about how great things are and no one is objecting to his lies. What the fuck is going on?

I swear if he gets elected in November, I don't want to hear another American bitching about it.  Not to mention it'll be the death of almost a million Americans. It's making me sick.

I am not sending my kid to school with this virus spreading like a forest fire. That's how two doctors have described this virus.

I watched CNN with Anderson Cooper last night. 

First he had the superentendent of the NYC schools. NYC has the biggest school system in the country. That includes all 5 boroughs.

He said that if/when schools open, it will be a rotating schedule. Some kids will be in school a few days a week and then at home. He said all kids would wear masks and have to distance. They will clean the schools constantly.  The CDC put out a manual stating the rules for states to open the schools. Trump objected to kids bringing lunch to schools. I understand this since alot of kids especially in my school district rely on the free breakfast and school lunches. 

After he spoke to that guy, he had two doctors who are fighting the covid 19 virus.

One doctor was in Minnesota and one is in Houston. This doctor is working on a vaccine. 

Anyway, they both agreed now that just by talking, not sneezing or coughing, if you are A systematic, the virus aerosol droplets can stay in the air for hours. Now they both agreed this virus is being spread by air. This was just said now. When it first came out, everyone said no. I felt it was airborne from the start since it spread quickly and tons of people got sick fast.

Both doctors agreed and said this covid 19 virus is like a fast spreading forest fire. It doesn't care what is in it's way, it's going to spread. They also agreed that it is not like the flu that is seasonal. this virus is here to stay and will keep spreading no matter what season or month we are in. There's no waves with this virus. it's one big moving monster that won't stop for anyone or anything.

Wearing masks for now and distancing is the only way to slow it down, not stop it. it can't be stopped unless maybe there is a vaccine. The vaccine looks like it may be here in February 2021. 

The doctors also aid the states like Texas, Florida and CA need to completely shut down again or there will be more deaths in the near future.

Anderson Cooper asked the question: If someone in his studio has the virus and doesn't show sympthoms, but just talks, and then he comes in, he could likely get infected since he doesn't  wear a mask doing his show. You should have seen the look on his face.

Anyway, was not happy after seeing this show, but I did believe these doctors were telling the truth.

I knew from the start, this virus was something so different and when it spread so fast from China to Asia and Europe and the US, it was nothing like we've ever dealt with before. I commend these doctors for telling it like it is and not making like it will just disappear one day like Trump says. the man is nuts and he's costing thousands of lives and more to come.

I know it sucks to stay inside, but with phones and the internet and cable what's the big fucking deal? It's a matter of your life and other lives, so wear a mask and stay inside when you can.

If more and more people get sick and die there won't be anyone to give a shit about the economy or to spend money.

At this point, the whole world is in the same boat, but since other countries seem to be doing a better job I don't know why America isn't trying to do the same thing.

Are some people so full of themselves that they think they don't have to do what's right for their health? How stupid can you be?

sorry guys, but I wasn't at all surprised about what these doctors were saying. I felt it in my heart all along. I wish I was wrong. I'm not an optimistic person anyway, so this is in my wheelbarrel.

Stay well. 

Now that I've freaked you all out, I'm sorry, but these are the facts and if we especially in America don't change things in a hurry we are doomed.

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah I would say that is accurate. Most of the senior citizens are still at home mainly and now that the states are open, people are working and children are out and about it is all of them getting infected....I just hope that it does not mean that they spread it to their older family members, but that may happen. :( Its just a mess in the US. Fuck.

Yeah, I worry that when my daughter stays with my parents, she might spread the virus to them. She's healthy now, but since this virus doesn't always show sympthoms, how can we know?

It just sucks and if Trump and the states don't change things, I'm afraid we're all in for the worse to come.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think the early states to get hit hard were at the mercy of being unprepared with respect to treating those with severe health complications. The medical community knows a lot more about the virus than it did back in March and I believe it has helped with treatment for some. 

It has been reported that the demographics of those being infected in June and early July are skewing younger as an overall percentage of total infected.

I also do believe that while many younger people in many southern states have not taken the outbreak seriously, many older citizens have.  If we look at some other countries where infection numbers are at odds with mortality rates when compared to Western Europe and North America, some of the discrepancy can partly be explained that life expectancy is much lower in nations with fewer deaths. India and Russia, where fewer people make it to 70 per capita, we see death rates significantly lower than older nations.

But I do think it’s only a matter of time that deaths start picking back up again in the US. I hope I am wrong but the likelihood of the outbreak being contained within the low risk populations seems low. 

15 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

She's healthy now, but since this virus doesn't always show sympthoms, how can we know?

You can only know for sure by testing. I think there's a good possibility that a lot of people have had the virus without any symptoms. There was a tennis tournament a couple of weeks ago in Europe and they allowed audiences without social distancing (crazy, but it happened) and now it turns out several of the top players (including Djokovic, the number 1 in the world) have been tested positive. These are young, healthy athletes, and most of them don't show any symptoms and probably wouldn't know had they not been tested. 

I only know 1 person  who's had it she was 3 wk in ICU said it was way worse then the flu.

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

It doesn't recognise jokes.

It? You tried too quote me with some fucking nonsense  which had nothing too do with what I was talking about for no reason it then took you MANY DAYS too come back at me the 1st time then you couldn't even come back from the John Wayne Gacey quote  which was over a month ago I'm still waiting  for you too reply too that but your not going too cos you cant if your going too start quoting me at least be good enough too come back & finish what you start.

4 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

It? You tried too quote me with some fucking nonsense  which had nothing too do with what I was talking about for no reason it then took you MANY DAYS too come back at me the 1st time then you couldn't even come back from the John Wayne Gacey quote  which was over a month ago I'm still waiting  for you too reply too that but your not going too cos you cant if your going too start quoting me at least be good enough too come back & finish what you start.

😂 Sorry for the delay and keeping you waiting all month. I'll get back to you on the John Wayne Gacey thing when I figure out what the fuck your dribbling on about. 

• Haha 1

Damn Welsh, they ruined Wales...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

I only know 1 person  who's had it she was 3 wk in ICU said it was way worse then the flu.

My brother had it, he caught it while he was at work in a hospital. He takes things in his stride, but said that he found it a struggle to breathe. He's recovered now. My husband's aunt who is in her fifties had it, and still isn't 100% months later. 

On 05/07/2020 at 4:38 PM, Dazey said:

On my first day of Uni I escaped from hospital pursued by the police. Does that count? :lol: 

Can you expand on this story a bit, I feel like it might cheer me up :lol:

• Haha 1

On 9/07/2020 at 6:22 PM, SoulMonster said:

I don't get why we don't see more deaths in USA now. The increase in cases from mid-June should have resulted in deaths at more than 2k per day by now, but it has hardly increased at all. Is it because the death rate has fallen due to better hospital practises, that there aren't really more cases just more testing, or a new protocol for assigning deaths resulting in less people being declared dead by COVID?

Underreporting.

I guess numbers are up in Texas. I didn't watch the news today. Tired of all the horrible talk.

After learning the other night about the virus and how it keeps mutating I doubt anything that is said will help.

I did see the CDC doctor talking in circles on CNN last night and anytime Anderson Cooper asked him a question all I thought was "double talkin jive" since he never answered a question with a direct answer and never said anything aganist Trump.

I swear this is like all those horrible government conspiracies that all those movies were about. 

I have no confidence that this virus is going to disappear or we will get a handle on it because so many people refuse to wear a damn mask and stay at home. 

23 hours ago, downzy said:

I think the early states to get hit hard were at the mercy of being unprepared with respect to treating those with severe health complications. The medical community knows a lot more about the virus than it did back in March and I believe it has helped with treatment for some. 

It has been reported that the demographics of those being infected in June and early July are skewing younger as an overall percentage of total infected.

I also do believe that while many younger people in many southern states have not taken the outbreak seriously, many older citizens have.  If we look at some other countries where infection numbers are at odds with mortality rates when compared to Western Europe and North America, some of the discrepancy can partly be explained that life expectancy is much lower in nations with fewer deaths. India and Russia, where fewer people make it to 70 per capita, we see death rates significantly lower than older nations.

But I do think it’s only a matter of time that deaths start picking back up again in the US. I hope I am wrong but the likelihood of the outbreak being contained within the low risk populations seems low. 

The US was unprepared from the start. Trump refused to believe this virus could come home and cause so many people to get ill and so many to die. He's still in denial and no one is speaking up to him except for a few doctors that were on CNN the other night. Even the CDC director won't give you a straight answer nor will he correct Trump when he keeps saying how great things are.

do these people live in the same world we do? I don't think .

I think if people don't step up and wear masks and stay indoors again, this virus will be too far gone by September for anyone to do anything about it. Our only chance will be for a vaccine but by then how many of us will get sick and/or die?

Too many

Dr. Fauci said the deaths haven't caught up with the sick yet. I believe him about that. Trump thinks deaths are down, but like he said they haven't caught up yet.

I know many Texas hospitals are overrun and have to turn people away. Imagine going to a hospital and being turned away? It's already happening.

Before long every state will have to get the freezer trucks to hold our dead.

I'm so sick and tired of all this shit. This virus is like the end of the world and yet Trump can't see it.

belgium is implementing fines of 250 euro now if you don't wear a mouth mask in stores :lol:

4 MONTHS AGO I WAS CALLED A MORON FOR BEING ONE OF THE FIRST TO WEAR A MOUTH MASK IN A STORE

fuck this bullshit. fuck it all. the experts, the politicians, the WHO, trump, the egg-shell minded people, everything and everyone.

WHO confirm new 1 day record in W W cases with Arizona absolutely surging in numbers 

56 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

WHO confirm new 1 day record in W W cases with Arizona absolutely surging in numbers 

Jesus Christ! The US is already reporting 60,000 cases today and California and Texas haven't even reported fully for the day yet. 

Posted (edited)

Covid has caused many unforeseen outcomes. Heres one of them...

The cancelled festival season is upon us. All the party drugs showed up to town but with no festivals to be sold at. Also, we have legal weed here but the black market was still thriving because its cheaper. But also due to Covid, they recently slashed legal weed prices so that plenty of it is now below black market price. And they also waived delivery fees. So this has created a scenario where weed dealers went out of work the same time the festival drugs showed up. So now they are all in the party drug biz.

I know it first hand since I ran into my old weed dealer and he tried to unload a pharmacy on me.

Anyways, Ive just been witness to a hobo uprising at the park. Like 50 people who are fixtures at the park, usually sipping cans of beer, were just wilding the fuck out and completely overrunning the many cops on sight. :lol:

It was clear to me that this was a psychedelic happening. They had indeed achieved lift off! :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 3

My 79 year old aunt is now covid negative she only had marginal symptoms.Her roommate in her assisted living facility unfortunately passed away two days ago.Just crazy how some people seem to fluff it off as a regular cold/flu and others it hits extremely hard 

4 hours ago, soon said:

Covid has caused many unforeseen outcomes. Heres one of them...

The cancelled festival season is upon us. All the party drugs showed up to town but with no festivals to be sold at. Also, we have legal weed here but the black market was still thriving because its cheaper. But also due to Covid, they recently slashed legal weed prices so that plenty of it is now below black market price. And they also waived delivery fees. So this has created a scenario where weed dealers went out of work the same time the festival drugs showed up. So now they are all in the party drug biz.

I know it first hand since I ran into my old weed dealer and he tried to unload a pharmacy on me.

Anyways, Ive just been witness to a hobo uprising at the park. Like 50 people who are fixtures at the park, usually sipping cans of beer, were just wilding the fuck out and completely overrunning the many cops on sight. :lol:

It was clear to me that this was a psychedelic happening. They had indeed achieved lift off! :lol:

I read that coke prices are through the roof in NA right now because there’s a break in the supply chain with borders shut down.  With no way to ship product north of the Mexican-US border many cocoa-leaf farmers in Colombia, Bolivia, and Peru are going broke.  The drug producers aren’t buying since they can move the product to their biggest customer. 

Over 71k confirmed cases in the US in the last 24 hours. I use to think talk about 100k confirmed cases per day was a bit crazy, but the trend line certainly makes it appear the US is heading in that direction. 

Also seeing dramatic daily confirmed cases globally. One month ago the world was confirming 136k cases per day. Yesterday it was 236k new confirmed cases. The US accounts for half the increase.