adamsapple

COVID-19 Outbreak

What an asshole. She and the tv station will both be filing a complaint against him. Not only social distancing is unknown to him, he also thinks harassing is fine.

28 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

So the UK and Ireland have been added to the US's travel ban.

Cheeky twats 😂 fuck them if their gonna be like that. Fat cunts 😂

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Lio said:

What an asshole. She and the tv station will both be filing a complaint against him. Not only social distancing is unknown to him, he also thinks harassing is fine.

not sure this is a criminal offense, but yeah, sure is an asshole. To kiss people unvoluntarily in full corona crisis is disgusting.

What's also disgusting, is the hordes of people holding "corona parties" for the last time, kissing and hugging and infecting themselves. As if the crisis isn't bad enough, they just made sure the numbers will soar even more.

the feeble of mind... all these people gathering in parties, neglecting official advice from the government not to do so. if they get sick they have asked for it themselves. they'll surely take up much needed space in hospitals, that should be reserved for the weak and elder people. Absolute empty headed numbnuts; it's nerve-grating. You try to be a little careful yourself, then there's halfnuts like making matters even worse. I mean, how fucking stupid can someone be?

2 minutes ago, action said:

not sure this is a criminal offense, but yeah, sure is an asshole. To kiss people unvoluntarily in full corona crisis is disgusting.

What's also disgusting, is the hordes of people holding "corona parties" for the last time, kissing and hugging and infecting themselves. As if the crisis isn't bad enough, they just made sure the numbers will soar even more.

the feeble of mind... all these people gathering in parties, neglecting official advice from the government not to do so. if they get sick they have asked for it themselves. they'll surely take up much needed space in hospitals, that should be reserved for the weak and elder people. Absolute empty headed numbnuts; it's nerve-grating. You try to be a little careful yourself, then there's halfnuts like making matters even worse. I mean, how fucking stupid can someone be?

I know. There's been one going on in my street since noon. Assholes.

I'm sure measures will become even stricter. Before long we won't be able to leave our homes anymore, just like in Spain and Italy. People are too dumb and selfish to listen to the rules.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I know. There's been one going on in my street since noon. Assholes.

I'm sure measures will become even stricter. Before long we won't be able to leave our homes anymore, just like in Spain and Italy. People are too dumb and selfish to listen to the rules.

worst part, for as strict as the measures are, and maybe a tad too late, these people just made sure that measures will now probably have to become even more strict. guess who will be the first moaning and complaining?

• Like 1

Yep, all those types of assholes are why I am stuck at home. I dont have the luxury of risk. Not that Id ever be such a fucking dick-sock to put others at risk anyways.

40 minutes ago, soon said:

Yep, all those types of assholes are why I am stuck at home. I dont have the luxury of risk. Not that Id ever be such a fucking dick-sock to put others at risk anyways.

I noticed you laughed at my comment the other week when I said it would be prudent to do what one thinks they should do to keep their family safe, and people shouldn't be mocked for taking extra precautions until we know more. Still think it's a joke then? 

• Like 1

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

I noticed you laughed at my comment the other week when I said it would be prudent to do what one thinks they should do to keep their family safe, and people shouldn't be mocked for taking extra precautions until we know more. Still think it's a joke then? 

Thats not what I laughed at... I laughed at specifics in your post. (Also, I would have never laughed at you before a number of months ago when you surprised me with a huge dis)

Of course my health isnt a new revelation to me. I have to self isolate anytime the seasonal flu is going around. One can go back and read through this thread from page one and find me slowly preparing for the isolation that Im currently in. And helping others take even more precautions than myself, by sharing my knowledge. 

So, no, me being stuck indoors is no joke. I dont feel like badgering me while I am is very fun either. :shrugs: But I maintain the right to indulge my sense of humour. 

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats not what I laughed at... I laughed at specifics in your post. (Also, I would have never laughed at you before a number of months ago when you surprised me with a huge dis)

Of course my health isnt a new revelation to me. I have to self isolate anytime the seasonal flu is going around. One can go back and read through this thread from page one and find me slowly preparing for the isolation that Im currently in. And helping others take even more precautions than myself, by sharing my knowledge. 

So, no, me being stuck indoors is no joke. I dont feel like badgering me while I am is very fun either. :shrugs: But I maintain the right to indulge my sense of humour. 

Personally I think you should be locked away forever and this didn’t come a moment too soon. :P:lol: 

• Haha 1

Sorry but people haven't lived if they haven't had to drive to McDonalds and load up on napkins to use as TP.

• Haha 1

:lol: 

Confirmed cases in the US now over 2500.

We could see total number of cases reach 30k to 50k by the end of next week. 

Start realizing just how free you were.  Never realized governments could do what they are doing.  Not saying I disagree in this case but wow.

10 hours ago, downzy said:

Yeah, if there is any good to come out of this it’s the possibility of the US overhauling its healthcare system. 

Hopefully Republicans will be flushed from power in November and Democrats will have the political will and support to enact universal coverage and build up their healthcare infrastructure.

If not we’re likely looking at a historical first: a failed wealthy state. 

Your wish is this country's worst nightmare. Republicans (Trump) is the only thing keeping this country from going to Hell, literally. Obama passed his own Healthcare reform. How did that work out for us? Yeah, it didn't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Your wish is this country's worst nightmare. Republicans (Trump) is the only thing keeping this country from going to Hell, literally. Obama passed his own Healthcare reform. How did that work out for us? Yeah, it didn't.

Well, the ACA did bend the cost curve down and lowered the uninsured rate to the lowest it had been in decades.

But keep drinking the kool aid.

To quote Thom Yorke, "You do it to yourself, you do, and that's why it really hurts."

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

I knew people that got taxed because they didn't want to get the government-run health care the pre. They said fuck it and they are doing fine

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

8 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I knew people that got taxed because they didn't want to get the government-run health care the pre. They said fuck it and they are doing fine

What government run healthcare would that be? 

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What government run healthcare would that be? 

These same people probably can't wait to turn 65 to be eligible for Medicare.  

Pre-peer-review data could indicate that the virus can spread more efficiently through air, which would have implications on quarantine approaches. 

• Wow 1

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Pre-peer-review data could indicate that the virus can spread more efficiently through air, which would have implications on quarantine approaches. 

Well that's not great.  

10 minutes ago, downzy said:

Well that's not great.  

Could have drastic implications on how we deal with things, and could explain why China and South Korea seem to fare better against the disease than some European countries. But early days still, too early to conclude.

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Could have drastic implications on how we deal with things, and could explain why China and South Korea seem to fare better against the disease than some European countries. But early days still, too early to conclude.

My understanding is that China was able to act drastically once it fully comprehended the threat and was able to shut it down using authoritarian means.  South Korea got on top of the issue very quickly and started testing anyone and everyone while expediting their quarantine practices.  Contrast those responses to places like Italy, Iran, Spain, and soon the US, where it seems authorities are either late to the party or unwilling to take such drastic actions.