adamsapple

COVID-19 Outbreak

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Speaking of anal beads, you see them big necklaces black geezers have been into the last couple of years?  Wish I could pull that shit of.

guess their pockets weren't big enough?

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Start realizing just how free you were.  Never realized governments could do what they are doing.  Not saying I disagree in this case but wow.

If you disagreed with it you probably wouldn't be alone, there would be protests, riots and stuff. That wouldn't go smoothly as this 

Italy likely to be over 2000 deaths by the end of the day. 3500 new confirmed cases in the last 24 hours. I wouldn’t be surprised if more people die of COVID-19 by Friday than the total number of deaths in China. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

If you disagreed with it you probably wouldn't be alone, there would be protests, riots and stuff. That wouldn't go smoothly as this 

No one that isn’t a child, either mentally or literally, ever believed that freedom shit. 

28 minutes ago, downzy said:

Italy likely to be over 2000 deaths by the end of the day. 3500 new confirmed cases in the last 24 hours. I wouldn’t be surprised if more people die of COVID-19 by Friday than the total number of deaths in China. 

Seeing as Italy has been struggling with an ageing population for years, I'm affraid you're right.

in germany, there's a new season of "big brother" going on, and the participants are oblivious of the corona epidemy going on in ths rest of the world

you can not make this up.

if this was a book, it would be a brilliant post war, desillusionist, fatalist, distopian novel that gives camus' "la peste" a run for its money

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

ETJsMihWkAEMco6?format=jpg&name=medium

???

There have been over 3000 deaths in China as a result of COVID-19

Ohio and Illinois just closed all bars and restaurants. 

Things are about to get even worse here in the States. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, action said:

in germany, there's a new season of "big brother" going on, and the participants are oblivious of the corona epidemy going on in ths rest of the world

you can not make this up.

if this was a book, it would be a brilliant post war, desillusionist, fatalist, distopian novel that gives camus' "la peste" a run for its money

That was the plot of a zombie apocalypse series written by Charlie Brooker. It was quite good.

Mike Pence was just asked about the House bill excluding paid sick leave for employees of large corporations. His response was that no American should worry about missing a paycheck if they are sick. He then left the stage and didn't elaborate one iota. 

I don't think a lockdown would happen in the US on the national scale unless we have a huge spike in cases. Seems like something that would have to be left up to the states. 

Dead Corona people in total

China: 3200

Italy: 1500

So. Is it SARS? Did it mutate in italy? Is China lying in their statistics?

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I don't think a lockdown would happen in the US on the national scale unless we have a huge spike in cases.

I don't think Americans are conditioned for something like that and when you add in factors like will people get paid leave? all hell could break loose.

Furthermore i don't want Donald Trump of all fucking people to have such power :lol:

• Haha 1

So i just saw the other thread got closed with the post "I'm going to close this for the time being seeing as the GN'R dates are all canceled or postponed for now." 

All dates either cancelled or postponed?? When did this happen?? 

14 minutes ago, OJones90 said:

So i just saw the other thread got closed with the post "I'm going to close this for the time being seeing as the GN'R dates are all canceled or postponed for now." 

We don’t know anything about Europe or NA

Just Latin America

15 minutes ago, OJones90 said:

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

We don’t know anything about Europe or NA

Just Latin America

Seeing as the nearly the entire world is on lock down currently with no cure or end in site, it seems theirs really nothing to discuss regarding GNR tour dates until one of those two things changes. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Seeing as the nearly the entire world is on lock down currently with no cure or end in site, it seems theirs really nothing to discuss regarding GNR tour dates until one of those two things changes. 

Agreed. But for now they are still trying to get Europe and NA going forward. Who knows what will happen in 2 months

My fucking trip to Vegas just got shut down the day we got here. Now I am going to have to go home and quarantine for 2 weeks. I honestly hate my life

Was there mass panic and shut down like this during Swineflu? I remover everyone saying you shouldn’t panic. Swine flu killed more people and still does 

Boy how times have changed

Just now, Dazey said:

89573838_2537158093269324_33533054100931

Love it

The following actually possesses Soul's level of condescension haha,

ETLkQteXYAMo7BV?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I wonder about those quarantines...I understand the reason for it, to slow down the spread and all, but if I go quarantine today then after two weeks I'll be allowed to go out again but then the virus won't have magically dissapeared all of a sudden. So it's gonna be quarantine after quarantine or what? And for how long? I don't really want to think about it. :(

Yeah. Now they go into overdrive. Lock everything up. Shut everything down. Tell people to isolate themselves. But what happens in 2 weeks? 1 month? They realize they can't keep this up forever. People won't want to keep this up forever. And then what? They tell people to go back to their normal lives, even though nothing really has changed?

11 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. Now they go into overdrive. Lock everything up. Shut everything down. Tell people to isolate themselves. But what happens in 2 weeks? 1 month? They realize they can't keep this up forever. People won't want to keep this up forever. And then what? They tell people to go back to their normal lives, even though nothing really has changed?

Yeah, probably.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Judging on what China has been able to accomplish, such efforts would do a lot.  They expect to see the lockdown implemented in Italy to start showing results in the next week or two. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, action said:

maybe everyone wearing mouth masks in those regions could be a contributing factor?

Impossible to say of course. There is very little evidence suggesting face masks avoid protection for most people (who don't get up in the faces of infected people, like health care personell do). And then there's evidence that wearing face masks, especially for people not trained and conscious about it, leads to a higher infection risk.

Btw, South Korea have been handing out two face masks to each citizen every week for a while now.