adamsapple

COVID-19 Outbreak

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, Bono has written a coronavirus ballad :lol:  This man sees oppertunity at every turn eh? :lol: 

He beat Paul McCartney and  Kanye West. Mission accomplished for him :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

They cup your balls and stick a finger up your bum. That’s how my doctor did it anyway. At least he told me he was a doctor. Was surprising to find they’re carrying out testing in the bogs at Wetherspoons but needs must in these testing times eh?

Your mum never told me she was a doctor?!

8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Hey Soulie,

How do they test for the virus, is it a quick and easy thing like taking some swabs? Feel only a little bit hotheaded(placebo? Certainly not a proper fever) and slightly wheezy(could be mild asthma or hayfever tbh). Think it's worth calling my doctor tomorrow? Don't really want to trouble them over nothing but better safe than sorry I guess.

Swab test, yes. I don't know from where. Throat, mouth or nose, I suppose. Then a PCR amplification of viral DNA. Takes a few hours if all equipment is available.

I am not an expert on medicine and not comfortable giving specific advice on what to do. But if I were you, I wouldn't bother the health care system unless I felt that the symptoms were so severe I would rule out the common cold. So basically, only if I had high fever and if it was hard to breathe. Or if I had recently been in contact with someone who is confirmed to have it, then I would consider getting a test taken even with only mild symptoms. Otherwise, follow your country's guidelines. In Norway, anyone with respiratory symptoms are supposed to stay at home in self quarantine until one day after symptoms subside.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Hey Soulie,

How do they test for the virus, is it a quick and easy thing like taking some swabs? Feel only a little bit hotheaded(placebo? Certainly not a proper fever) and slightly wheezy(could be mild asthma or hayfever tbh). Think it's worth calling my doctor tomorrow? Don't really want to trouble them over nothing but better safe than sorry I guess.

I've been ignoring the news for the most part but just made the mistake of watching bullshit YouTube videos and now I'm convinced we're all going to die, especially @action :lol:

I heard that woodchucks are immune to the virus. your biggest problem is avoiding the mongolians I'd wager. they eat woodchuck hide for breakfast

• Haha 1

Hope everyone is doing well..been thinking about you guys a lot lately.

Can we get an update from somebody other than Trump?  I could die before he gets to the point in a speech. :lol:

7 minutes ago, cineater said:

Can we get an update from somebody other than Trump?  I could die before he gets to the point in a speech. :lol:

We could get further updates from the woman that was with him yesterday. She kept saying "Anna-dotes" instead of "acedote" and it was annoying the SHIT out of me lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cineater said:

He doesn't have a point to get to, both intellectually, politically or physically.  He is round all the way through, even in the points where biology dictates he shouldn't be.

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We could get further updates from the woman that was with him yesterday. She kept saying "Anna-dotes" instead of "acedote" and it was annoying the SHIT out of me lol

Or anecdote Rusty ol' buddy ol' pal ol' friend? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

He doesn't have a point to get to, both intellectually, politically or physically.  He is round all the way through, even in the points where biology dictates he shouldn't be.

Or anecdote Rusty ol' buddy ol' pal ol' friend? :lol:

Haha, damn auto correct!

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Swab test, yes. I don't know from where. Throat, mouth or nose, I suppose. Then a PCR amplification of viral DNA. Takes a few hours if all equipment is available.

I’ve seen it done here in Canada and it’s almost always done from the nose. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, downzy said:

I’ve seen it done here in Canada and it’s almost always done from the nose. 

They'll be able to sell @Len Cnut 's sample by the gram. :lol: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Listening to Trudeau right now...

1,763 new cases announced in New York over the last 24 hours.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Italy's death toll has now surpassed China's from COVID-19.  

The scary part is that Italy is only reporting half of confirmed cases (40k) to that of China (80k).  

25 minutes ago, downzy said:

1,763 new cases announced in New York over the last 24 hours.

So scary...my cousin is a nurse in NYC, on the front lines. Can's stop thinking about her. God bless all health care workers!!!!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Pearl Jam just posted this on their Facebook account.  Apparently it's from a fan post on their official fan forum.

“My sister in law works as a nurse in the hospital worst-hit by the virus, Papa Giovanni XXIII in the city of Bergamo. They’re counting hundreds of deaths, there are no more ICU beds, and doctors and nurses are getting sick. It’s absolute hell. Yesterday a convoy of military trucks had to collect the coffins and bring them in other regions because local morgues and the crematorium can't cope with the number of new deaths. Moreover, true number of related deaths could be higher as many people with COVID-19 symptoms had died before being tested.

We feel lost. Scared. Powerless. You may have seen footage of people singing at their windows to warm their hearts but the reality is much more grim and brutal. Ghost cities, no more children’s laughter, no more everything, even a walk outside is a risk, only a deadly silence all around broken sometimes by ambulance sirens.”

For those living in North America, get yourself mentally prepared for what's coming.  

Stay inside, only go out when you need desperate supplies, and keep yourself busy with hobbies and fun stuff to keep yourself mentally stable.  

We'll get through this but it's going to really suck for awhile.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

You may have stored up on rice, grains and dried beans. This info may be cool to have. It's to maximize the digestibility of the grains by soaking them ahead of time. Ive been using this guide for at least two years.

(maybe cant see on phone, but hopefully will be clear on laptop/pad)

0QdTd9v.png

oh4aIEO.png

You can google about soaking lentils. Also dried beans!

Stay healthy!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, downzy said:

Pearl Jam just posted this on their Facebook account.  Apparently it's from a fan post on their official fan forum.

“My sister in law works as a nurse in the hospital worst-hit by the virus, Papa Giovanni XXIII in the city of Bergamo. They’re counting hundreds of deaths, there are no more ICU beds, and doctors and nurses are getting sick. It’s absolute hell. Yesterday a convoy of military trucks had to collect the coffins and bring them in other regions because local morgues and the crematorium can't cope with the number of new deaths. Moreover, true number of related deaths could be higher as many people with COVID-19 symptoms had died before being tested.

We feel lost. Scared. Powerless. You may have seen footage of people singing at their windows to warm their hearts but the reality is much more grim and brutal. Ghost cities, no more children’s laughter, no more everything, even a walk outside is a risk, only a deadly silence all around broken sometimes by ambulance sirens.”

For those living in North America, get yourself mentally prepared for what's coming.  

Stay inside, only go out when you need desperate supplies, and keep yourself busy with hobbies and fun stuff to keep yourself mentally stable.  

We'll get through this but it's going to really suck for awhile.  

Reading stuff like this freaks me out when I know in the UK we're not far behind and our PM is not making isolation mandatory. So many people here still carrying on as if nothing's happening. Especially the retired folk. 

Now the schools have closed reading lots of anecdotal reports of people leaving cities to 2nd homes, relatives etc.. at the coast or in the country. Exactly the same as happened in Italy and like Italy it will cripple areas least able to cope.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Padme said:

He beat Paul McCartney and  Kanye West. Mission accomplished for him :lol:

And Dave Ghrol too.

Here today the authorities send off back an Italian tourist, he break the quarantine rules, then was to report for the neighboring that threat with put fire in him appartament.

Out of the 80,000+ people in China who had the virus, around 70,000 have recovered so far. 

Besides, I can't stay inside as long as I'm not sick. I have a job to go to and I can't afford to lose it.