adamsapple

COVID-19 Outbreak

While I do believe the numbers coming out of some countries, Russia is not one of them. 

In a country of nearly 150 million people, it’s reporting far fewer cases than nations with a quarter of Russia’s population.

Coincidentally, there are massive number of case of “pneumonia” being reported by many of Russia’s medical experts.

Ultimately I think it’s the nations that are not upfront and transparent that are going to be in the worst positions in a month from now. 

The US now has over 24k cases.  It is fourth in the world for total confirmed cases and sits behind only China, Italy, and Spain.  

Some expect it to have the most confirmed cases in the world sometime by the end of next week.  

52 minutes ago, downzy said:

The US now has over 24k cases.  It is fourth in the world for total confirmed cases and sits behind only China, Italy, and Spain.  

Some expect it to have the most confirmed cases in the world sometime by the end of next week.  

Part of it comes from the fact we’ve actually been testing more, especially NY. 

What’s scary is places such as LA County are no longer going to be regularly testing and are going to be assuming people have it instead.

Considering this has been spreading potentially since January, I’d be surprised if we don’t have over 100,000 cases already.

28 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Part of it comes from the fact we’ve actually been testing more, especially NY. 

What’s scary is places such as LA County are no longer going to be regularly testing and are going to be assuming people have it instead.

Considering this has been spreading potentially since January, I’d be surprised if we don’t have over 100,000 cases already.

Honestly surprised half of the US population doesnt have it by now like hell a week ago everybody was crowding the stores buying toilet paper. I was talking to my sister on the phone the other but she said she mightve had it back in January she had all the symptoms and was sick for like 10 days, she should've seen a doctor but then again a few months nobody didn't expect it would turn into this.

More and more businesses being forced to close in Michigan, with a target date of April 14th to reopen. Personally, I don't think that will happen. I think things will be closed far longer than that. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, downzy said:

I actually took the data recorded for number of cases since March 1st in the US and plotted it by day. I fitted an exponential curve to the current data and extrapolated forward to day 35 and the numbers are terrifying. Obviously those kind of transmission rates can't go on forever as people are taken out of the pool via infection or isolation but basically it goes from 25,000 today to over 1 million in another two weeks at current rates and will overtake China by Thursday. :o 

M2dmFe5.jpg 

Edited by Dazey

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

More and more businesses being forced to close in Michigan, with a target date of April 14th to reopen. Personally, I don't think that will happen. I think things will be closed far longer than that. 

My company is closed (we are all working remotely, though) until April 10th (for now). All restaurants and bars in NH (apart from takeout) are closed until April 7th (again, for now). Like you, I think both of those dates will be extended quite significantly.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I actually took the data recorded for number of cases since March 1st in the US and plotted it by day. I fitted an exponential curve to the current data and extrapolated forward to day 35 and the numbers are terrifying. Obviously those kind of transmission rates can't go on forever as people are taken out of the pool via infection or isolation but basically it goes from 25,000 today to over 1 million in another two weeks at current rates and will overtake China by Thursday. :o 

M2dmFe5.jpg 

Interesting.  Thanks.

Also, you undertake some weird shit while you’re sick 🤒 

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

Interesting.  Thanks.

Also, you undertake some weird shit while you’re sick 🤒 

I'm also playing Doom. :lol: 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm from the Grand Rapids area, go to trade school in Troy Ohio, we got shut down last week friday for atleast 4 weeks. I'm supposed to start back up April 13 dont think that's gonna happen. Anyways Russ your from the Ann Arbor area arnt ya? Cause damn down theres so many cases, stay safe man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djones1225 said:

I'm from the Grand Rapids area, go to trade school in Troy Ohio, we got shut down last week friday for atleast 4 weeks. I'm supposed to start back up April 13 dont think that's gonna happen. Anyways Russ your from the Ann Arbor area arnt ya? Cause damn down theres so many cases, stay safe man.

I'm a little further east, but yeah, there's a ton of cases in the area. 

:lol: 

• Haha 4

Is that Liam Gallagher? Damn, leave it to that guy of all people to give us all the wise advice we need right now: “wash your hands, you little fuckers!” :lol:

• Haha 1

I just got back from an emergency return home, had to fly on 3 planes on 4 airports. I am beside myself, always questioning every minor aspect if I contracted something or not. Still feel very health on day 2, and no major problems, but I am very frightened right now.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just got back from an emergency return home, had to fly on 3 planes on 4 airports. I am beside myself, always questioning every minor aspect if I contracted something or not. Still feel very health on day 2, and no major problems, but I am very frightened right now.

Just make sure you try to limit your exposure to anyone for the next few weeks at least.  That’s all you can really do to help other than to take care of yourself. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

All you can do is stay calm, my friend. Keep hydrated and fed. Utilize vitamins (D, C, Zinc) if available and make sure you are getting adequate rest/sleep.

That's all you can do, you'll be alright! :headbang:

• Like 3

there is comfort to be found in the love of jesus christ

2 hours ago, action said:

Is that a threat?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, action said:

There’s comfort to be found in a dentist chair too before they get to the business end of the process.

• Haha 1

it's strange though, that next month will be a year since the notre dame burned.

I'm happy I find comfort in my belief. it's not catholicism, it's christianity. It's ok if not everyone agrees with me. I wasn't always such a big believer as I am now. As the years went by, by experience I guess this is who I am. 

As a baby, I fell from the third floor of our apartment, on the concrete. I survived, with not much harm to me. I learned later, that my grandmother had bought me an "angel carer" or whatever it is called in english, and I have that to this day. Laugh with it all you want "oh that's why action acts this way haha", but I just wanted to give that to you.

not everyone believes, that's ok. 

I can look at this epidemy in the calm knowledge that the afterlife will be a better place to live, on all fronts. This is all just a test to see how we handle things like these. Do we act selfish, or not? Do we deserve heaven, or not?

take this however you want.

Bon Jovi keyboardist  have diagnosis for COVID .

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

:lol: 

Check out his page proper. Dude's got a whole new EP up.

Wonderwash

Soapersonic

Champagne Soapernova

• Haha 1

You can buy angels now?!?? Dang, would suck to be an out of work guardian angel. But honestly they need to lower the price if they want to get shelf space at Walmart. :lol: